Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my Mercedes in for a scheduled service and they have a Kia dealership righ next door so I test drove a EV6 GT Line. It handled beautifully but there were a few downsides. I'm a little over 6ft tall and the seat bottom was very short for your legs it should extend out just a little further. I had the seat as low as possible and my view out was looking at the sun visor. The stereo was very tinny sounding even with the bass all the way up. Kia needs to have a better stereo for a vehicle at this price point. My wife is 5ft 10inch and she had the same issues with the seat and view out. She owns a Model Y and in her mind nothing compares to the Y. The GT Line was marked up a little over 60,000 and for that price I would just get a Model Y. Granted you get a tax rebate with the Kia but it doesn't compare to a Model Y at roughly the same MSRP.
I apologize for being critical but the EV6 is just priced too high after test driving it, but everything is pricey right now.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had my Mercedes in for a scheduled service and they have a Kia dealership righ next door so I test drove a EV6 GT Line. It handled beautifully but there were a few downsides. I'm a little over 6ft tall and the seat bottom was very short for your legs it should extend out just a little further. I had the seat as low as possible and my view out was looking at the sun visor. The stereo was very tinny sounding even with the bass all the way up. Kia needs to have a better stereo for a vehicle at this price point. My wife is 5ft 10inch and she had the same issues with the seat and view out. She owns a Model Y and in her mind nothing compares to the Y. The GT Line was marked up a little over 60,000 and for that price I would just get a Model Y. Granted you get a tax rebate with the Kia but it doesn't compare to a Model Y at roughly the same MSRP.
I apologize for being critical but the EV6 is just priced too high after test driving it, but everything is pricey right now.
I'm 5'11" and I had not issues with driver view or seating position. The seat did seem a bit hard and a little unusual in its shape. I agree about the stereo; it was inferior to my Model 3. This one was pre-owned and marked up $23,750 - crazy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm 5'11" and I had not issues with driver view or seating position. The seat did seem a bit hard and a little unusual in its shape. I agree about the stereo; it was inferior to my Model 3. This one was pre-owned and marked up $23,750 - crazy!
Stereo just needs a software update which the dealership performs at no charge. Then the stereo sounds good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a First Edition EV6 AWD GT-Line that I purchased for my wife. We considered Tesla heavily but she couldn't get past the look of the egg-shaped Y. So the LR M3 would have been the one we would have taken if we had gone in that direction.Totally realizing the M3 is a sedan while the EV6 is more like a bulky back wagon instead of a true SUV. Not having the new 4680 cell batteries available at the time we were ready to buy was also something that held her back. With all that said, she loves the EV6 and I do as well. Tesla is slightly faster, has the all glass roof and better UI but otherwise everything else leans towards the EV6. There are always plus & minuses on every side. Personally we had to have AWD drive so just about any EV with AWD worth it's weight will roughly hover around 60K. I understand some taller folks will have an issue with this car and that is valid. My disappointments with the EV6 are not having the all-glass roof, max range should've been a bit better and UI is a bit convoluted. Otherwise the car is a blast. In my opinion the best version of this car is one that has AWD so you can get the maximum HP. Once you apply the tax rebate, it's even more appealing.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a First Edition EV6 AWD GT-Line that I purchased for my wife. We considered Tesla heavily but she couldn't get past the look of the egg-shaped Y. So the LR M3 would have been the one we would have taken if we had gone in that direction.Totally realizing the M3 is a sedan while the EV6 is more like a bulky back wagon instead of a true SUV. Not having the new 4680 cell batteries available at the time we were ready to buy was also something that held her back. With all that said, she loves the EV6 and I do as well. Tesla is slightly faster, has the all glass roof and better UI but otherwise everything else leans towards the EV6. There are always plus & minuses on every side. Personally we had to have AWD drive so just about any EV with AWD worth it's weight will roughly hover around 60K. I understand some taller folks will have an issue with this car and that is valid. My disappointments with the EV6 are not having the all-glass roof, max range should've been a bit better and UI is a bit convoluted. Otherwise the car is a blast. In my opinion the best version of this car is one that has AWD so you can get the maximum HP. Once you apply the tax rebate, it's even more appealing.
I agree, no car is perfect and you pick the car closest to your needs and wants. The GT-Line RWD seemed a bit anemic. I'm sure the AWD is much better (at least 2 seconds faster 0-60).

The EV6 seems like a nice EV. Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts