Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found nothing definitive on whether the Ocean uses a 400V or 800V battery pack. I'm guessing 400V based on what we have seen so far. However, all EVs released so far that charge at 250kW CCS or faster have had 800V battery packs (Tesla is the only outlier). Any comments or opinions?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts
From what I've seen so far as well, I would have to agree with you on your observation. Additionally, it seems to me, that those EVs with bidirectional charging capabilities...which includes the Ocean...have the 800V battery packs too? Of course, I could be wrong about that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts
@MTN Ranger
all EVs released so far that charge at 250kW CCS or faster have had 800V
I agree that the Ocean will have 800v charging rate since it is the future!

In keeping with Henrik stated goal to have the newest
and latest EV tech In the Ocean, belies one to expect the 800v system

This link may shed some light on why I conclude the 800v

Reactions: KMBrown

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
580 Posts
VW is rolling out bidirectional charging and the MEB platform is not 800V.
The Ford 150 Lightning is also 400 volt and has (will have) bidirectional charging.

Outside of Tesla chargers, the fastest 400 volt chargers I have seen is 200 kW (400 V/500 A). Currently need 800 V to get over 200 kW (although Rivian stated they plan on getting over 200 kW and they have 400 V system so there may be chargers coming out with more than 500 A).

·
Registered
228 Posts
The below statement leads me to believe they are using either the new batteries that CATL just released info or they are using the 800v system. As this statement mentions that fisker did confirm both battery packs can charge at peak above 250.

Both packs will also support charging at a peak of more than 250 kw, Fisker confirmed.

·
Super Moderator
1,214 Posts
I have found nothing definitive on whether the Ocean uses a 400V or 800V battery pack. I'm guessing 400V based on what we have seen so far. However, all EVs released so far that charge at 250kW CCS or faster have had 800V battery packs (Tesla is the only outlier). Any comments or opinions?
With features such as vehicle to grid and vehicle to home, I'm assuming it's going to be a 800V pack.

·
Registered
228 Posts
With features such as vehicle to grid and vehicle to home, I'm assuming it's going to be a 800V pack.
This is the information I am waiting to actually here and get confirmed either by reviewers or charging curve for me to pull the trigger. I do not own a home so charging will be my issue as I will need to use public charging so faster speeds will be great. So that is the things I am waiting on is if it is an 400v or 800v system and charging curve.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ford F150 Lightning has a 400V system and vehicle to grid/home so I don't think we can assume anything at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts