Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! First post. I am on the reservation list but I am "old school." I'll need to see it and drive it (and do a ton of homework) before I buy an Ocean. Holding my breath to see if there are price increases in the interim. Could be a deal-breaker for me. If I had to place an order tomorrow, I'd opt for the Ultra with two options-- winter package and smart traction. Anyone hazard a guess on whether options will be a one-time cost or some kind of ongoing subscription-like fee?

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts
@sailon
well, you’re in luck!
The Fisker Experience Centre in LA should open this summer sometime
Reservation Holders MAY be allowed test drives…remains to be seen

Winter Mode will definitely be an available option!
I think it will cost some $6000 but that just my guesstimate
Time will tell…around September 2022

Henrik Fisker has posted that their suppliers and locked in….
this means, to my humble ears, that prices are set in concrete….hopefully!

Anyways, welcome aboard and enjoy the Ocean view! 🚢

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info. Thanks. Somewhat related issue... would prefer 20" wheels over 22." Think there is a possibility that we'll have more than the one current option for wheel style (that I'm not crazy about)?

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts
Winter Mode (Best Guess)

1) Heated Front & Rear Seats (5)
2)Heated Steering Wheel
3) Heated Outside Mirrors
4) Heated Washer Nozzles
5) Front Wipers operable in Freezing Temperatures
6) Remote Climate Control (Cabin Temperature & Defrost)

@EvolOcean
yes sir!
$6000 Canadian which is like around approximately $4700 US

Reactions: EvolOcean

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
744 Posts
Good info. Thanks. Somewhat related issue... would prefer 20" wheels over 22." Think there is a possibility that we'll have more than the one current option for wheel style (that I'm not crazy about)?
I'm also hoping for some choices with the 20" wheels. It always seems that bigger wheels don't ride as well as smaller.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
The best bet if you don't like any of the wheels is just get the base wheels and upgrade to third party wheels after purchase. But I do agree that the smaller the better for range. It will be interesting to see what the smallest wheels that fit the brake rotors. For example on my Model 3, 18" is as small as you can go.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm hoping those nice wheels from the camo Ocean are what is under the 20" aero covers I could totally live with these.

And I'm thinking the winter package will be more in the ballpark of $3500 CDN. Just my guess.
Agreed. I'm expecting $2,000 USD or less for the winter package. None of that stuff is revolutionary/proprietary to the Ocean, so am assuming (hoping?) it's been amortized on enough other vehicles by Magna to be cheap as chips.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't see the point of the price speculation, and to the degree Fisker folks are monitoring for elasticity, some of the extreme guesses from our friends using $CDN don't help the cause. Pricing historically (at my prior employer car company and others) is done by OEMs based on market value as shown on existing competitive products. @Rotaryracer is most accurate that material cost is low for heating elements. However, price and cost are not correlated so the Price Managers at Fisker will do their analysis and we'll see the outcome. If we feel compelled to guess, to the degree it has any meaning....go low.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't see the point of the price speculation, and to the degree Fisker folks are monitoring for elasticity, some of the extreme guesses from our friends using $CDN don't help the cause. Pricing historically (at my prior employer car company and others) is done by OEMs based on market value as shown on existing competitive products. @Rotaryracer is most accurate that material cost is low for heating elements. However, price and cost are not correlated so the Price Managers at Fisker will do their analysis and we'll see the outcome. If we feel compelled to guess, to the degree it has any meaning....go low.
Yeah, if the product managers price it at $6K (CAD or otherwise), we're going to have to cancel and look at other options. The Mach-E "Comfort and Convenience" package on the base model is $3,500 (which in itself is overpriced) and includes some of the Fisker "Winter Package" items plus a bunch of extra stuff that would add to the price. From Ford's website:

Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0: Ford BlueCruise, Active Park Assist 2.0 ; 360-Degree Camera; Cargo Area Cover ; Power Liftgate ; Heated Front Row Seats ; Heated Steering Wheel ; Memory Driver Seat and Sideview Power-Folding Mirrors ; 6-way Manual Passenger Seat

Let's hope Fisker is going after a volume play and looking to put as many butts in seats as possible, versus trying to soak each reservation for every bit of profit. While I have confidence in Fisker and the Ocean (enough to also be a shareholder in addition to reserving an Ocean and a PEAR), we are effectively guinea pigs on a brand new car from a brand new company. I'm not sure I'm ready to pay a premium for basic options for that privilege. :)

If we're playing the "how low can you go" game...I'd really rather pay $1,000 vs $2,000. For reference, Subaru used to offer an "All Weather Package" that was heated seats, windscreen/wiper landing, and mirrors for $600. Mazda used to have the heated steering wheel as a standalone option for around $300. Heated rear seats aren't worth anything to me, but maybe they are to someone else. Therefore - $1,000. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Heated rear seats aren't worth anything to me, but maybe they are to someone else. Therefore - $1,000. :D
From a product complexity/wiring harness complexity position, I get the bundling of front and rear heated seats as "all or none". From a consumer use case for which they will charge a premium, it makes little sense. Market data shows that most vehicle are overwhelmingly occupied by one or two occupants, and rear seat usage is a minority of occurrences. Reduce that by weather occurrences and duration in seat, and the value proposition deteriorates as quickly as does California mode in northern cities. One might have expected a reasonable step of front seats in Ultra and then throw everything at Extreme, per the name, but if they are optimizing complexity for design and assembly, they should be humble about pricing for the oft-useless rea seat heat.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
Yeah, if the product managers price it at $6K (CAD or otherwise), we're going to have to cancel and look at other options. The Mach-E "Comfort and Convenience" package on the base model is $3,500 (which in itself is overpriced) and includes some of the Fisker "Winter Package" items plus a bunch of extra stuff that would add to the price. From Ford's website:

Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0: Ford BlueCruise, Active Park Assist 2.0 ; 360-Degree Camera; Cargo Area Cover ; Power Liftgate ; Heated Front Row Seats ; Heated Steering Wheel ; Memory Driver Seat and Sideview Power-Folding Mirrors ; 6-way Manual Passenger Seat

Let's hope Fisker is going after a volume play and looking to put as many butts in seats as possible, versus trying to soak each reservation for every bit of profit. While I have confidence in Fisker and the Ocean (enough to also be a shareholder in addition to reserving an Ocean and a PEAR), we are effectively guinea pigs on a brand new car from a brand new company. I'm not sure I'm ready to pay a premium for basic options for that privilege. :)

If we're playing the "how low can you go" game...I'd really rather pay $1,000 vs $2,000. For reference, Subaru used to offer an "All Weather Package" that was heated seats, windscreen, and mirrors for $600. Mazda used to have the heated steering wheel as a standalone option for around $300. Heated rear seats aren't worth anything to me, but maybe they are to someone else. Therefore - $1,000. :D
If you think the winter package is going to be less than $2000, you are not being realistic. Considering the price jumps between trim levels, I doubt it. I would expect a higher number and be pleasantly surprised if it is less. Look at the pricing for the Nissan Ariya, the Ocean looks like a good deal at any trim level price. Since I'm getting the One/Extreme, obsessing about the option pricing isn't my highest priority. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you think the winter package is going to be less than $2000, you are not being realistic. Considering the price jumps between trim levels, I doubt it. I would expect a higher number and be pleasantly surprised if it is less. Look at the pricing for the Nissan Ariya and the Ocean looks like a good deal at any trim level price. Since I'm getting the One/Extreme, obsessing about the option pricing isn't my highest priority. :)
Yeah, all of this is just shouting into the wind until we get closer to November. That said...using that $3,500 Ford package as an example, a lot of those features are already built into the Ultra level. If you strip it down to heated seats/wheel/wipers/mirrors - all of which are basic options on the most basic of ICE cars - I think it might be a challenge to pull big dollars from that package alone. The $19K price jump between the Ultra and Extreme is a pretty tall step, but also includes a number of other features beside just the winter package parts. I'm hoping they keep that in mind when pricing options for the Ultra.

Nissan is out of their mind with the Ariya. Doesn't seem like a bad car, but doesn't stack up in specs to the Ocean and others, especially on price.

Anyway, like everyone else - I'm just guessing, hoping, and keeping my fingers crossed that they keep the option cost reasonable.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
Nissan is out of their mind with the Ariya. Doesn't seem like a bad car, but doesn't stack up in specs to the Ocean and others, especially on price.
Yes, it should be an Infiniti for what they are charging. Their website just shows base pricing for the trim levels without any options. Easily $50-65k+.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: Nissan, I have a reservation for an Ariya as well as the Ocean. Kind of insurance, though I like the Ocean a TON more. I've mentioned it in this forum before, but as you move up Ariya trim levels and pay more, you actually get less range. I don't drive much, so the loss of range isn't a big factor, but the whole concept is squirrelly.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
161 Posts

If we're playing the "how low can you go" game...I'd really rather pay $1,000 vs $2,000. For reference, Subaru used to offer an "All Weather Package" that was heated seats, windscreen/wiper landing, and mirrors for $600. Mazda used to have the heated steering wheel as a standalone option for around $300. Heated rear seats aren't worth anything to me, but maybe they are to someone else. Therefore - $1,000. :D
Rotaryracer, from one guinea pig to another, I couldn't have said it any better than that myself! New car companies trying to get off the launch pad and into a successful orbit DO NOT hose the "guinea pigs!" :sneaky: 🚀 I'm a stockholder and a likely customer. I'm hoping for a successful outcome on both counts!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.