Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an Ultra, but looking at the list of features, it seems like to get adaptive cruise and lane keeping, you need to buy the Extreme edition. Is that how it looks to everyone else?

Coming from a tesla, I really dont want to go from having autopilot to having just regular old fashioned caveman cruise control. Autopilot has been a life changer in traffic jams and on long road trips.

I don't really need all the other Extreme features though. Would suck to have to spend another $20k just to get the drive assist features that tesla now offers free on all their cars, even the base models.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
I ordered an Ultra, but looking at the list of features, it seems like to get adaptive cruise and lane keeping, you need to buy the Extreme edition. Is that how it looks to everyone else?

Coming from a tesla, I really dont want to go from having autopilot to having just regular old fashioned caveman cruise control. Autopilot has been a life changer in traffic jams and on long road trips.

I don't really need all the other Extreme features though. Would suck to have to spend another $20k just to get the drive assist features that tesla now offers free on all their cars, even the base models.
It looks like all the versions have Fisker Intelligent Pilot that comes with Intelligent Speed Assist & Lane Keep Assist. We will need to wait to see if the Lane Keep Assist is as aggressive as Tesla's that will not let you adjust the steering without turning off or other brands that lets you adjust the steering without disengaging.

Reactions: bdh506

·
Registered
473 Posts

You will be able to add via an OTA upgrade at the very least. I found this in their in their company overview deck (updated 8/8) today:
Font Number Document Terrestrial plant Screenshot

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like all the versions have Fisker Intelligent Pilot that comes with Intelligent Speed Assist & Lane Keep Assist. We will need to wait to see if the Lane Keep Assist is as aggressive as Tesla's that will not let you adjust the steering without turning off or other brands that lets you adjust the steering without disengaging.
I don't see INTELLIGENT SPEED ASSIST listed on the spec sheet for the Ultra. The Extreme lists INTEGRATED DRIVE ASSIST but no explanation of what that is. The Ultra's LANE KEEP ASSIST could just be a warning when you're drifting out of your lane. If it was more than that, it would be listed for the Extreme as well. We really need an explanation of what these terms mean.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I don't see INTELLIGENT SPEED ASSIST listed on the spec sheet for the Ultra. The Extreme lists INTEGRATED DRIVE ASSIST but no explanation of what that is. The Ultra's LANE KEEP ASSIST could just be a warning when you're drifting out of your lane. If it was more than that, it would be listed for the Extreme as well. We really need an explanation of what these terms mean.
Intelligent Speed Assist is listed in their Press Kit for all trims (attached). But yes, they need better explanation of all their terms.

Attachments

Reactions: KMBrown and HotIce

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Sport and Ultra trim levels each come equipped with the full ADAS hardware system and a subset of the software-enabled features above. Fisker expects to offer additional features as over-the-air delivered options, provided at the point of sale or post-purchase

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will be able to add via an OTA upgrade at the very least. I found this in their in their company overview deck (updated 8/8) today:
View attachment 1199
I hope so
Intelligent Speed Assist is listed in their Press Kit for all trims (attached). But yes, they need better explanation of all their terms.
Not sure that document is up to date. It says the ULTRA gets the 360 view and that's no longer listed for the ultra on fiskers website.

Also this document seems to confirm that only the Extreme will have autopilot-like features. Only the Extreme has INTEGRATED DRIVE ASSIST "which includes traffic jam assist, adaptive drive control, and lane centering control" None of the other trim levels mention these features.

All models have "intelligent speed assist" but that could just be an alarm that goes off if you exceed a certain speed.

What a bummer if they're trying to make you buy the extreme to have self driving capability.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I hope so

Not sure that document is up to date. It says the ULTRA gets the 360 view and that's no longer listed for the ultra on fiskers website.

Also this document seems to confirm that only the Extreme will have autopilot-like features. Only the Extreme has INTEGRATED DRIVE ASSIST "which includes traffic jam assist, adaptive drive control, and lane centering control" None of the other trim levels mention these features.

All models have "intelligent speed assist" but that could just be an alarm that goes off if you exceed a certain speed.

What a bummer if they're trying to make you buy the extreme to have self driving capability.
Yeah, they definitely need a summary of what each term means. And they need to provide consistent information!

The 360 2D for the Ultra is not listed on the web page, however, it does show up on the "Download PDF" summary.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
I hope so

See my post right before this one. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
ONE
  • Fisker Intelligent Pilot package including:
    • 360º surround view with 3D
    • Integrated Drive Assist
    • Lane Change Assist
    • Automatic Emergency Braking - Premium
    • Front and Side Collision Warning
    • Park My Car
EXTREME
    • 360º surround view with 3D
    • Integrated Drive Assist
    • Lane Change Assist
    • Park My Car
ULTRA
    • Traffic Sign/Light Recognition
    • Blind Spot Monitoring
    • Driver Drowsiness and Attention Warning
    • Lane Keep Assist

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like I was correct that only the Extreme will get autopilot-like autonomy features as standard, but that all models will have the hardware for it, meaning lower models will be able to purchase it as a software upgrade. Which is good news. So the only question is - for how much?

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I do not know, but it looks like actually is helping to slow down.
But there is another standard feature:
View attachment 1224
That one is pretty standard for all new cars and is about to become mandatory in the U.S. (and Europe may already be mandatory).

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
214 Posts
For anyone wondering what "Integrated Drive Assist' was, it's a collection of systems.

View attachment 1239
Adaptive drive control and lane centering are obviously physical things your car is doing. But what is “traffic assist”? Are those the surface to surface missiles I’ve been hankering for, for Prius elimination? Or is that a look ahead navigation -wise for Highway dead zones? Anyone know?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts