Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisker-ites; Un happy news--I have Cancelled my Reservation for the Fisker PEAR. There be some who might ask-why-. The answer lies in politics{which may get some Mods panties in a knot, but I press on} "Mr." Biden and his crew of misfits have ruined my retirement portfolio; and a new car is out of the question. So, since I like eating and living in a house &tc. I will stay with my current EV for the foreseeable future.

I will stay with the Forum{unless the aforesaid Mod gets too whacked out and cancels me} to see how goes this otherwise fine EV
My thanks to all/Kilted Tailor

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
Fisker-ites; Un happy news--I have Cancelled my Reservation for the Fisker PEAR. There be some who might ask-why-. The answer lies in politics{which may get some Mods panties in a knot, but I press on} "Mr." Biden and his crew of misfits have ruined my retirement portfolio; and a new car is out of the question. So, since I like eating and living in a house &tc. I will stay with my current EV for the foreseeable future.

I will stay with the Forum{unless the aforesaid Mod gets too whacked out and cancels me} to see how goes this otherwise fine EV
So bad for you @KiltedTailor , hoping that your matters will go better soon and you will reconsider the purchase of the Ocean. Take care !

·
Registered
17 Posts

I’m sorry to hear your retirement portfolio is taking a hit and impacts your ability to buy a car. You must be close to retirement age and I think you’re doing the prudent thing for yourself. I’m glad I’m younger and my retirement account status isn’t factored into a purchase. I’m curious, what funds are you invested in that have fallen?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m sorry to hear your retirement portfolio is taking a hit and impacts your ability to buy a car. You must be close to retirement age and I think you’re doing the prudent thing for yourself. I’m glad I’m younger and my retirement account status isn’t factored into a purchase. I’m curious, what funds are you invested in that have fallen?
"Thank You" for the unintended compliment; I am 04 months short of 72 yrs old! To your Question, the first Big Hit is inflation, then the changes to the tax code{my IRS Bill would 'feed a family of 16 for a year" {sarcasm AP is ON} }. Then stocks in the blue collar industry have taken the famous 'hit'. My best performing stocks are in Pfizer{the folks who brought you the Death Vaccine to save your Life} Merrick {ditto} and some other medical related stocks. Surprise one; space and high tech stocks I have are not doing well, much of that talent has moved to the EV fields and thus degrades the Value of the Companies. There is of course much more, for my privacy, I just outline a few highlights that could be found on a 'deep search'.
And thanks again, YES, the prudent thing to do is to Wait. I have an EV now, and I know that will last and cost me far less to 'care an feed' over time. If I may be allowed to offer this? Look well to your Retirement Accounts, the markets and the companies and stocks jump and vary allover the financial map. It is TOUGH to know what to sell when, what to buy when, how long the Investment is and rah rah. SO I hope you have an Advisor that you would trust with your '16yr old daughter and your check book".

And to "Baker" Thank you for the kind comment, the kind words of a stranger mean more than the flattery of a Friend.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
Sorry to hear about the poor investment results. Personally, I have everything in mutual funds since starting retirement savings since I was 23. I don't touch it besides contributing monthly and rebalancing every year and it has done great over the last thirty years. I don't touch individual stocks except for my "fun money" trading account.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts