Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
I just came across this. We have to be patient for the time being.
@baydreamer

Patience is my only virtue!

The Bottom Line
At $15 per share, Fisker is certainly appealing as an alternative to Tesla(NASDAQ:TSLA), which currently trades at over $1,000 per share even after a recent stock split. Investors can dream of buying FSR stock low in hopes of duplicating Tesla’s 900% increase over the last 24 months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FSR is getting shellacked today...down 7.2% as of now. My guess is that we're seeing strong knock-on effect from the impact of RIVN's announcement on the 20% price hike and corresponding flurry of cancellations. It dips below $11...I may buy more. :D

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FSR is getting shellacked today...down 7.2% as of now. My guess is that we're seeing strong knock-on effect from the impact of RIVN's announcement on the 20% price hike and corresponding flurry of cancellations. It dips below $11...I may buy more. :D
Rivian has already reversed course and apologized. That price raise was monumentally stupid.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
155 Posts
Rivian has already reversed course and apologized. That price raise was monumentally stupid.
I sure hope Henrik can maintain control of his supply chain. He seems to have lots of confidence that he has control of things according to what I've heard from him in interviews. Let's hope so! Obviously, NO OEM can produce vehicles for a loss for any extended length of time. If so, they would be doomed to failure. Talk about a stock hit! Premarket this morning, I revised my existing GTC (good until cancelled) order for FSR stock up from $10.75 to $11.75 thinking that we might get a move down in FSR due to the Rivian boondoggle. After watching the price action for a few days now, I didn't think there was much of a chance the price was going to get to $10.75 anytime soon, and, it might just take off in the opposite direction. It didn't take long after the market opened for my revised buy price to get satisfied. As stated, I expected some downward pressure today; but, not falling like a rock! I was down over $500 within a short time after my order filled!o_O:poop: Looks like FSR is trying to stabilize for now around $11.25 +/-? Maybe we might get some short covering at these levels and the price can rebound some moving into the close of trading today? Fisker, Inc. is not a stock for the faint of heart and will be quite volatile for the foreseeable future in my opinion. So, for now, I've got some of my money where my mouth is. Stay tuned...it's going to be a WILD ride! 🤑

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not worrying about the volatility; I'm taking a long term view of Fisker's stocks. Things will be more clear once the Ocean has been released. I kept mentioning Fisker to my broker until he finally bought some for me, so obviously I'm expecting good things from Fisker as time goes on.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
I'm not worrying about the volatility; I'm taking a long term view of Fisker's stocks. Things will be more clear once the Ocean has been released. I kept mentioning Fisker to my broker until he finally bought some for me, so obviously I'm expecting good things from Fisker as time goes on.
The shares goes down because the war, I agree with you for the long term, be patient as you are for the Ocean car ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The shares goes down because the war, I agree with you for the long term, be patient as you are for the Ocean car ;)
Right, the war is affecting everything at the moment. Gotta take a long-term view on this. Not just the war, but Fisker is a fairly new company that has yet to put a car in customers' hands. A bit of a gamble, but I like everything I've been reading. And I didn't invest so much that it would break me if Fisker goes bust. I'd love it if I made enough on my investment to buy the Ocean. And then the PEAR if I want. :unsure:😁

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
155 Posts
I'm not necessarily worrying about the volatility either. I'm not a day trader so I try to take a long-term view of every stock that I buy. I now own, and have owned, many "high-beta" (moderate to high risk) stocks in my investment portfolio. The vast majority of my investments are handled by my brokerage company's professional traders in NYC in accordance with the risk parameters I have set for them to follow. However, I do have a separate account that I have set aside with my wealth management company which gives me access to some cash that I use for my "venture capital" funds.😊 I have not put a "stop-loss" order in on my FSR stock purchase, and, I most likely will not do it for a while...if ever. However, I must keep in mind that start-up companies like Fisker, Inc. are inherently fragile and therefore quite risky and volatile. These companies can be thrown offtrack quickly due to circumstances beyond their control (ie. Ukraine situation, etc.) and their inability to react quickly and/or easily. Plus, FSR has a lot of short-interest traders trying their best to influence the stock in a downward direction!(n) So, long story short, always remember...don't risk more than you can afford to lose! Believe me, I've learned this lesson through the school of hard knocks over the years. Please don't ask me how or why!! ☹

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
155 Posts
I sure hope Henrik can maintain control of his supply chain. He seems to have lots of confidence that he has control of things according to what I've heard from him in interviews. Let's hope so! Obviously, NO OEM can produce vehicles for a loss for any extended length of time. If so, they would be doomed to failure. Talk about a stock hit! Premarket this morning, I revised my existing GTC (good until cancelled) order for FSR stock up from $10.75 to $11.75 thinking that we might get a move down in FSR due to the Rivian boondoggle. After watching the price action for a few days now, I didn't think there was much of a chance the price was going to get to $10.75 anytime soon, and, it might just take off in the opposite direction. It didn't take long after the market opened for my revised buy price to get satisfied. As stated, I expected some downward pressure today; but, not falling like a rock! I was down over $500 within a short time after my order filled!o_O:poop: Looks like FSR is trying to stabilize for now around $11.25 +/-? Maybe we might get some short covering at these levels and the price can rebound some moving into the close of trading today? Fisker, Inc. is not a stock for the faint of heart and will be quite volatile for the foreseeable future in my opinion. So, for now, I've got some of my money where my mouth is. Stay tuned...it's going to be a WILD ride! 🤑
No end of session rally in FSR today.😕 However, guess it's good that the volume traded today was just pretty average. Hopefully, just a brief blip down and things will begin to smooth out soon!🤞

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm not necessarily worrying about the volatility either. I'm not a day trader so I try to take a long-term view of every stock that I buy. I now own, and have owned, many "high-beta" (moderate to high risk) stocks in my investment portfolio. The vast majority of my investments are handled by my brokerage company's professional traders in NYC in accordance with the risk parameters I have set for them to follow. However, I do have a separate account that I have set aside with my wealth management company which gives me access to some cash that I use for my "venture capital" funds.😊 I have not put a "stop-loss" order in on my FSR stock purchase, and, I most likely will not do it for a while...if ever. However, I must keep in mind that start-up companies like Fisker, Inc. are inherently fragile and therefore quite risky and volatile. These companies can be thrown offtrack quickly due to circumstances beyond their control (ie. Ukraine situation, etc.) and their inability to react quickly and/or easily. Plus, FSR has a lot of short-interest traders trying their best to influence the stock in a downward direction!(n) So, long story short, always remember...don't risk more than you can afford to lose! Believe me, I've learned this lesson through the school of hard knocks over the years. Please don't ask me how or why!! ☹
I agree with you but keep in mind that Magna will produce the car and this Canadian company is amazing. They build car for high end car maker like Jaguar, MB, BMW, etc.. Between you and me without Magna I would be very careful about my investment. ANW as you said you must invest over money that you don't need on day to day, if you lose it it would be not tragic. For now I am very confident.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
155 Posts
I agree with you but keep in mind that Magna will produce the car and this Canadian company is amazing. They build car for high end car maker like Jaguar, MB, BMW, etc.. Between you and me without Magna I would be very careful about my investment. ANW as you said you must invest over money that you don't need on day to day, if you lose it it would be not tragic. For now I am very confident.
I agree Magna International is a very key ingredient in Fisker's business plan and manufacturing approach for the Ocean. I didn't know Magna was a Canadian company? Wonder why they located their plant in Austria?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree Magna International is a very key ingredient in Fisker's business plan and manufacturing approach for the Ocean. I didn't know Magna was a Canadian company? Wonder why they located their plant in Austria?
Head office at Ontario, Canada. They are closer on Europeen car companies and T3 suppliers (pieces) in Austria.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
155 Posts
No problem Sir. Other thing Magna has a participation of about 6% in Fisker so they have an interest in seeing Fisker perform as well as possible to get their share getting up.
Yeah, I knew that they have a 6% stake in Fisker, Inc. It's good to know they have "skin in the game" and that makes me feel better that we will get a better product as a result!

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
59 Posts
Well, I didn't know that! Thanks for the enlightenment!
Magna International is a Canadian Company; Magna purchased Magna Steyr in 2001. Steyr (based in Austria) went through many iterations over the years since it was founded in 19th Century. Magna is the largest automobile parts manufacturer in North America. Magna Steyr also has a very robust history and have built many models over the years for multiple brands. The fact that Fisker is using them makes me much more confident they will be able to get the Ocean off the ground vs many of the other start ups trying to manufacture the cars themselves.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
155 Posts
Magna International is a Canadian Company; Magna purchased Magna Steyr in 2001. Steyr (based in Austria) went through many iterations over the years since it was founded in 19th Century. Magna is the largest automobile parts manufacturer in North America. Magna Steyr also has a very robust history and have built many models over the years for multiple brands. The fact that Fisker is using them makes me much more confident they will be able to get the Ocean off the ground vs many of the other start ups trying to manufacture the cars themselves.
Roger that TT97. They are arguably the secret sauce that will make everything come out just right for this Fisker endeavor...and us too!

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
Here's your answer....Frank Stronach
Frank Stronach is an Austrian and Canadian businessman and politician.

He is the founder of Magna International, an international automotive parts company based in Aurora, Ontario, Canada, Granite Real Estate, and The Stronach Group. With an estimated net worth of $CAD 3.06 billion (as of December 2017), Stronach was ranked by Canadian Business as the 31st Richest Canadian.[1]
In 2011, he entered Austrian politics: founding the Stronach Institute to campaign for classical liberalism[citation needed] and against the euro. In 2012, he founded the political party Team Stronach for Austria.
Window Sky Building Blazer Street fashion

1 - 20 of 24 Posts