Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
491 Posts
Hmm... market did not like something it heard. Stock price reversed a strong daily up trajectory shaving 6% in an hour hmm... better go listen to what he said!

·
Registered
491 Posts
The big stock drop had already happened prior to his talk, and I think was more related to day traders than anything long-term.
Thx. We looking at timeline and you are correct, it sunk before he said anything. The open short interest and days to cover looks pretty high to me. I think there is a genuine potential for a squeeze-driven price jump in the next few months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any concern with the 'late' date? Seems like they have pushed back or not really delivered on a lot of the consumer facing stuff (experience centers, 3rd party reviews, app). Could be they have little to gain with the reservation lists full and no reason to risk a less than ideal version for journalists.

I am not too worried, as I think I will be goldilocks with my Ultra order, hopefully price locked, coming 12-16 months from now. Mostly just excited.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
605 Posts
Any concern with the 'late' date? Seems like they have pushed back or not really delivered on a lot of the consumer facing stuff (experience centers, 3rd party reviews, app). Could be they have little to gain with the reservation lists full and no reason to risk a less than ideal version for journalists.

I am not too worried, as I think I will be goldilocks with my Ultra order, hopefully price locked, coming 12-16 months from now. Mostly just excited.
Journalists and youtubers can be fierce if they don't like what they see or test!

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts

For me, not a worry at all. Fisker has been meticulous in making sure that the car they're going to be putting out is going to be to their standards. They also have to make sure everything is absolutely perfect. Imagine how many people are going to just cut their losses if the Ocean gets bad reviews. That could end the party before it's even begun. They don't want to put out a car that is feature incomplete. We would have had reviews sooner if the UI was completed. While journalists usually note that some features weren't complete in their review, I think Fisker actually WANTS every aspect of the car available. That's how confident they are in how good the Ocean is going to be. We've waited this long, what's another week or two from what the original plan was?

·
Registered
Ocean Extreme
168 Posts
For me, not a worry at all. Fisker has been meticulous in making sure that the car they're going to be putting out is going to be to their standards. They also have to make sure everything is absolutely perfect. Imagine how many people are going to just cut their losses if the Ocean gets bad reviews. That could end the party before it's even begun. They don't want to put out a car that is feature incomplete. We would have had reviews sooner if the UI was completed. While journalists usually note that some features weren't complete in their review, I think Fisker actually WANTS every aspect of the car available. That's how confident they are in how good the Ocean is going to be. We've waited this long, what's another week or two from what the original plan was?
As someone in the DC area, you should be familiar with these commercials:
It's my money and I need it now!!
Welll it's my Ocean and I need it now!

Sleeve Smile Building Font Door

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
Does it really matter if there are press reviews a couple weeks earlier or later? All of 2023 is basically sold out.

Reactions: ocsteve39

·
Registered
491 Posts
Does it really matter if there are press reviews a couple weeks earlier or later? All of 2023 is basically sold out.
IMO this is a Rivian-type issue. The reviews are primarily a stock market question. Fisker has said it intends to do an additional equity raise to fund the Pear. If the Ocean reviews are excellent the equity raise should be much cheaper. So, no it makes no difference if they are out in October or November so long as they are good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes. I won't qualify for the tax credit for 2023 so I'm needing to know if the Ocean lives up to the hype. If not I'd forego my $250 and I'd need to find another car that qualifies before the end of the year.

The Ocean is a car where I'll have to rely solely on reviews since I won't be able to see it in person. Seeing press reviews in October instead of November is huge as I'd lose a month of car searching.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
Yes. I won't qualify for the tax credit for 2023 so I'm needing to know if the Ocean lives up to the hype. If not I'd forego my $250 and I'd need to find another car that qualifies before the end of the year.
What cars would you consider? If you are looking for a BEV that qualifies for the tax credit in 2022, the only car I can think of is the Nissan Leaf. Everything else does not qualify in 2022 (Tesla, GM), is not a BEV, or would be impossible to get one delivered this year.

·
Registered
491 Posts
What cars would you consider? If you are looking for a BEV that qualifies for the tax credit in 2022, the only car I can think of is the Nissan Leaf. Everything else does not qualify in 2022 (Tesla, GM), is not a BEV, or would be impossible to get one delivered this year.
I was thinking the same. Might be able to lay your hands on a US-built ID.4 before year end or a Mach-E.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mach E and possibly a Tennessee made ID4. Otherwise I'd go the PHEV route with the BMW X5 or even the Chrysler Pacifica. The tax credit is a huge factor for me and it's still uncertain if our $250 binding orders on the Ocean will meet all of the IRS's requirements.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I wonder what the lag time is between the journalists' drives, and publishing print or videos. Often there is a blackout period so that they can all release their info at the same time after writing or editing. It could be November until we see anything.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wonder what the lag time is between the journalists' drives, and publishing print or videos. Often there is a blackout period so that they can all release their info at the same time after writing or editing. It could be November until we see anything.
The press reports could be released with the start of production. It would be quite the publicity launch.

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
Depends on what Fisker sets as the end of the embargo date. In most cases, when journalists test cars, they tested it weeks or months ago and the manufacturer has told them they have to keep it hush hush until 'x' date. I don't anticipate Fisker having an embargo end date.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts