Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
@Fiskerati
Sean, you finally meet H nrik Fisker, designer extraordinaire and CEO of Fisker Inc
You could tell from his first reaction, he DEFINITELY recognized you from
your Fiskerati website
(Chuckle, chuckle....so Henrik Fisker himself reads your column

TAKEAWAYS:
1) Great crowd viewing the Fisker Ocean
2) Located beside Rivian display (other side of black curtain
3) Henrik speaking in Danish with the young couple
Shoulder Automotive design Fashion design Event Fun
C

·
Registered
293 Posts
@Fiskerati
Sean, you finally meet H nrik Fisker, designer extraordinaire and CEO of Fisker Inc
You could tell from his first reaction, he DEFINITELY recognized you from
your Fiskerati website
(Chuckle, chuckle....so Henrik Fisker himself reads your column

TAKEAWAYS:
1) Great crowd viewing the Fisker Ocean
2) Located beside Rivian display (other side of black curtain
3) Henrik speaking in Danish with the young couple
View attachment 1689 C
other takeaway, she got a little too cozy leaning all over the Ocean😂

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just came back from San Diego. Couple thoughts in comparison to my IONIQ 5:
  • Ocean in person makes outstanding impression. I already saw it last year during LA auto show, but this time the car was not on display and standing right next to it ...made me think " That's a massive car" . It looked huge. Bulky in a good way.
  • I really like the design of my Ioniq 5 but it is more like "weird/interesting/looking mass produced car" vs Ocean that felt more like an "expensive piece of jewelry". First time I saw it with all the lights turned on. I am pretty sure OCEAN ONE owners will love all the LED Fisker and Ocean logos + Led lights in the door handles. The car looked stunning.
  • The exterior matte paint is absolutely beautiful, although I'd rather go with silver lining or horizon grey, for practical reasons.
  • California Mode with it's opened rooftop is just amazing. The roof is huge, and makes the whole interior way more spacious when it is opened. I won't lie this is on of the key features that sold me.
  • Trunk ....well, that's the first disappointment . It looked tiny. There is an additional space underneath and at some point they removed the divider to show it. It looked way more spacious without that cover....but how on earth FISKER wants to fit 3rd seat row in there ...I don't know. Makes no sense and I doubt he will ever go for it. Ocean with 3rd row would look ridiculous.
  • The driver side felt nice overall. I liked the steering wheel although I have to admit my first overall impression was that the Interior of my Ioniq 5 is way more spacious...but I might be biased since the lack of middle console in the Ioniq just spoiled me.
  • Malibu Blue interior in person looked and felt way better than it looked on the pictures I've seen from a month ago. I would choose it over black...but at the end of the day I am huge fan of Sea Salt interior and that will be my choice. All the interior materials felt good but you could clearly tell that it is an early prototype as some parts felt cheap, but that's understandable. The cheapest part in the whole car were the plastics used in the middle console ( cup holders, phone chargers). Felt out of place. I hope they will have better look and feel.
  • Visibility from behind the wheel was not the best in comparison to Ioniq 5 but at the same time it was dark in there so ....hard to tell.
  • Seats were incredible. They looked amazing and felt amazing.
  • 22" Tires were absolutely huge. I would love to see more options for 20" as I would prefer that just to have more range and better ride comfort. The recycled carbon looked quite nice. I just hope FISKER is going to make Slipstreams in 20".

Overall, the car feels way more expensive then what it costs. Since my order is for Ocean Ultra. I am waiting for FISKER LA Showroom to be opened. I will definitely test drive this baby. For now, I feel like it is a great car overall. ....that tiny TRUNK for now is just a major headache. I doubt there is much they can do at this point.

PS. I also played a little bit with VINFAST but overall impression is : cheap looking, cheap feeling ...espiecially interior...cheap cheap cheap cheap.
PS. 2. APTERA - these guys will be highly successful ...great second car...especially here in SOCAL. It looked great....funny thing ..my first thought was "you can't afford having a CURB RUSH in this thing" The wheel covers are gigantic. Scratching them would be so easy ....I am pretty sure that will be the first thing the will get damaged in this car.
PS.3. CANOO LIFESTYLE VEHICLE. Beautiful, tiny and specious at the same time. This will be a great car.

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just came back from San Diego. Couple thoughts in comparison to my IONIQ 5:
  • Ocean in person makes outstanding impression. I already saw it last year during LA auto show, but this time the car was not on display and standing right next to it ...made me think " That's a massive car" . It looked huge. Bulky in a good way.
  • I really like the design of my Ioniq 5 but it is more like "weird/interesting/looking mass produced car" vs Ocean that felt more like an "expensive piece of jewelry". First time I saw it with all the lights turned on. I am pretty sure OCEAN ONE owners will love all the LED Fisker and Ocean logos + Led lights in the door handles. The car looked stunning.
  • The exterior matte paint is absolutely beautiful, although I'd rather go with silver lining or horizon grey, for practical reasons.
  • California Mode with it's opened rooftop is just amazing. The roof is huge, and makes the whole interior way more spacious when it is opened. I won't lie this is on of the key features that sold me.
  • Trunk ....well, that's the first disappointment . It looked tiny. There is an additional space underneath and at some point they removed the divider to show it. It looked way more spacious without that cover....but how on earth FISKER wants to fit 3rd seat row in there ...I don't know. Makes no sense and I doubt he will ever go for it. Ocean with 3rd row would look ridiculous.
  • The driver side felt nice overall. I liked the steering wheel although I have to admit my first overall impression was that the Interior of my Ioniq 5 is way more spacious...but I might be biased since the lack of middle console in the Ioniq just spoiled me.
  • Malibu Blue interior in person looked and felt way better than it looked on the pictures I've seen from a month ago. I would choose it over black...but at the end of the day I am huge fan of Sea Salt interior and that will be my choice. All the interior materials felt good but you could clearly tell that it is an early prototype as some parts felt cheap, but that's understandable.
  • Visibility from behind the wheel was not the best in comparison to Ioniq 5 but at the same time it was dark in there so ....hard to tell.
  • Seats were incredible. They looked amazing and felt amazing.
  • 22" Tires were absolutely huge. I would love to see more options for 20" as I would prefer that just to have more range and better ride comfort. The recycled carbon looked quite nice.

Overall, the car feels way more expensive then what it costs. Since my order is for Ocean Ultra. I am waiting for FISKER LA Showroom to be opened. I will definitely test drive this baby. For now, I feel like it is a great car overall. ....that tiny TRUNK for now is just a major headache. I doubt there is much they can do at this point.

PS. I also played a little bit with VINFAST but overall impression is : cheap looking, cheap feeling ...espiecially interior...cheap cheap cheap cheap.
PS. 2. APTERA - these guys will be highly successful ...great second car...especially here in SOCAL. It looked great....funny thing ..my first thought was "you can't afford having a CURB RUSH in this thing" The wheel covers are gigantic. Scratching them would be so easy ....I am pretty sure that will be the first thing the will get damaged in this car.
PS.3. CANOO LIFESTYLE VEHICLE. Beautiful, tiny and specious at the same time. This will be a great car.
Thank you for the impressions! Fisker has actually made the trunk bigger apparently.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also went to the show on Saturday. For me personally and took the wife as well. I thought it was a bit smaller than what I thought it would be. I did not mind the body of the car and the wife hated the body style said it looked like it was just put together. But it is spacious on the interior of the car for leg room. However, the cargo area is a bit small and from the floor to roof/ceiling is not a lot of space. I did sit in it and if you have a Model Y the driver sit is similar meaning it is sitting on a riser just like the Model Y is. That is the one thing I did not like about it as I do not recline my seat back that much and with it all the way down my head was still probably be touch the roof. The one at the show was a late pre production prototype I do believe as they had all the displays working and they only had a CHademO adaptor on it for charging but did say it will have CCS on production. So I will more than likely hold off on my reservation until able to get more time with it.

For Vinfast:

The Vinfast I thought looked much better on the Late Pre Production prototype (I think it was an actual production model the last 4 of VIN were 0333). I did like the Green color they had and compared to the White one that is at UTC it looked a lot better than the White one did. THe finish seemed to be better. The fabric for the seats were more fitted and it looked to be much better quality on the infotainment picture quality as well. My wife and I actually like the Vinfast but we may wait until 2024 to get an Electric car to allow time for either Tesla to get their Battery Plant set up and when Vinfast's Plant will start production in USA for the tax credit.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
934 Posts
I also went to the show on Saturday. For me personally and took the wife as well. I thought it was a bit smaller than what I thought it would be. I did not mind the body of the car and the wife hated the body style said it looked like it was just put together. But it is spacious on the interior of the car for leg room. However, the cargo area is a bit small and from the floor to roof/ceiling is not a lot of space. I did sit in it and if you have a Model Y the driver sit is similar meaning it is sitting on a riser just like the Model Y is. That is the one thing I did not like about it as I do not recline my seat back that much and with it all the way down my head was still probably be touch the roof. The one at the show was a late pre production prototype I do believe as they had all the displays working and they only had a CHademO adaptor on it for charging but did say it will have CCS on production. So I will more than likely hold off on my reservation until able to get more time with it.

For Vinfast:

The Vinfast I thought looked much better on the Late Pre Production prototype (I think it was an actual production model the last 4 of VIN were 0333). I did like the Green color they had and compared to the White one that is at UTC it looked a lot better than the White one did. THe finish seemed to be better. The fabric for the seats were more fitted and it looked to be much better quality on the infotainment picture quality as well. My wife and I actually like the Vinfast but we may wait until 2024 to get an Electric car to allow time for either Tesla to get their Battery Plant set up and when Vinfast's Plant will start production in USA for the tax credit.
Are you talking about the Big Sur Blue unit on the show floor? That one is a year old and there are many changes to the production version. I wouldn't make any decisions based on that version, especially the seats, which are different.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
The one at the show was a late pre production prototype I do believe as they had all the displays working and they only had a CHademO adaptor on it for charging but did say it will have CCS on production. So I will more than likely hold off on my reservation until able to get more time with it.
Are you referring to this charge port on the car?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

That is not a CHAdeMO port; that is a Mennekes charge port - it is the European equivalent of the U.S. J-1772. Naturally, U.S. vehicle will have J1772. The prototype does not have DC fast charging but ours will. The car is an early pre-production model; it's the same one that has been making the rounds - all the displays are basically screen savers.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Are you referring to this charge port on the car?
View attachment 1695

That is not a CHAdeMO port; that is a Mennekes charge port - it is the European equivalent of the U.S. J-1772. Naturally, U.S. vehicle will have J1772. The prototype does not have DC fast charging but ours will. The car is an early pre-production model; it's the same one that has been making the rounds - all the displays are basically screen savers.
That is the Charging port it did have on it. Thanks for correcting me. Now as for the Driver seat on a Riser I did ask the rep that was their and they did say it will have that on the production model so that is why I might not go thru with my reservation. But will wait until the final production vehicle are in the hands of customers and reviewers to really dive deep into the vehicle before making my decision.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
934 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts