Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post on FB from someone who was contacted to buy a One. He reserved late March of this year. I believe that there were over 30,000 Oceans reserved at that point (I reserved in April when reservations were at around 40,000). I'm surprised to see someone who reserved so late receiving an invitation. I'm starting to wonder if I'll receive one (I'm not interested. I want Magna to have built some Oceans to work out early production bugs). Does anyone know if Fisker is meeting their expectations of One orders? I know a lot of people aren't happy having to pay a $5,000 non-refundable fee.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Someone in LA apparently tried to order in response to an email invite (disclaimer: FB claim - but plausible).
Colorfulness Orange Rectangle Font Material property

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
I think what's happening is Fisker is giving those early reservation holders a chance to pick-up a One. Remember when they said they'd keep pricing the same for the first 40,000 reservations? I think that's how they're classifying 'early'.

But I think there are a couple reasons here:

1. They haven't done much advertising leading up to the Ocean launch. There are people who don't even know what a Fisker Ocean is. Fisker needs to improve the marketing department and maybe hire a PR department. There is a lot of hesitancy with ordering a car that doesn't have much information floating on the internet. There are still A LOT of questions that need to be answered so I'm not surprised if people are being shy about ordering.

2. Not many people have $70,000 to drop on a new car. Something like 62% of the United States lives paycheck to paycheck. They can't drop $5,000 for a reservation when they have bills to pay.

3.Economy is slowing down and we've hit a recession. People might be reigning in their spending.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
I saw that a 4th round of invites went out this morning. I don't know what their actual take rate is but don't think 10% is unreasonable. They have 50k+ reservations but there is a good number of people that now have multiple reservations (I had 6 since getting my ID.4) and will likely not purchase an Ocean. Of that smaller number, many are more interested in the Sport or Ultra and not looking to spend $70k on a car. Further, people ok to spending $70k, some either do not want to put down $5k or are waiting on more information.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello Ocean Forum friends.
I placed my reservation on 3/1 of this year. I just opened my email this morning and was greeted by the pre-order email. 😮
I guess I will go ahead and click through and select the Ultra that I have always wanted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw a post on FB from someone who was contacted to buy a One. He reserved late March of this year. I believe that there were over 30,000 Oceans reserved at that point (I reserved in April when reservations were at around 40,000). I'm surprised to see someone who reserved so late receiving an invitation. I'm starting to wonder if I'll receive one (I'm not interested. I want Magna to have built some Oceans to work out early production bugs). Does anyone know if Fisker is meeting their expectations of One orders? I know a lot of people aren't happy having to pay a $5,000 non-refundable fee.
Also reserved fairly late in March and got my invite this morning. I would have reserved, but I wasn't prepared to plunk down $5k at this time so I had to pass and will wait and see what develops. I'm content with my EV6 for now. If the Ultra has the specs to entice me to switch, I'll buy one I can actually ascertain that.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of that smaller number, many are more interested in the Sport or Ultra and not looking to spend $70k on a car. Further, people ok to spending $70k, some either do not want to put down $5k or are waiting on more information.
If the Ultra will have the option of all of the features of Intelligent Pilot, I'll likely go with that. Otherwise the Extreme.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If the Ultra will have the option of all of the features of Intelligent Pilot, I'll likely go with that. Otherwise the Extreme.
Yeah I am in the same boat where I really want an Ultra for the price but need to see packages and options. The good news is that the Intelligent Pilot stuff will most likely be available via a package and even an OTA update at a later date. I am really curious about the "Smart Traction" (torque vectoring) feature and if that will be included with a performance bump or what. Also, can the stereo be upgraded from the Premium Sound to the Hyper Sound - and will that include the rotating screen? So many questions, really.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So… I placed my reservation on March 20 of this year and received my invitation to pre-order this morning. To be honest with all of you, I’m both surprised and a little dismayed that I even received this invitation given my place in line. I agree with TT97’s take (above) that the rate of One’s preorders must be running at 10% (or less).

Look, I live in CA but I grew up in the Midwest and I am stuck with Midwest values. While I am wowed by the Ocean’s design and “promise,” my value system does not equate to making a $5,000, non refundable payment on faith. There are far too many unanswered questions at this point in time. From the get-go I have leaned Ultra (and that’s what I will reserve when I respond to the Fisker email) but my concern is growing that potential add-on costs for shipping, delivery, wheels, paint and options will make the Ultra much less desirable. I’ll ride the wave for now but I’m sure keeping my options open. That’s just me…

·
Registered
123 Posts
So… I placed my reservation on March 20 of this year and received my invitation to pre-order this morning. To be honest with all of you, I’m both surprised and a little dismayed that I even received this invitation given my place in line. I agree with TT97’s take (above) that the rate of One’s preorders must be running at 10% (or less).

Look, I live in CA but I grew up in the Midwest and I am stuck with Midwest values. While I am wowed by the Ocean’s design and “promise,” my value system does not equate to making a $5,000, non refundable payment on faith. There are far too many unanswered questions at this point in time. From the get-go I have leaned Ultra (and that’s what I will reserve when I respond to the Fisker email) but my concern is growing that potential add-on costs for shipping, delivery, wheels, paint and options will make the Ultra much less desirable. I’ll ride the wave for now but I’m sure keeping my options open. That’s just me…
Don’t be too dismayed….many are like you and didn’t plunk down the $5K for the One. I did, within 30 seconds of getting the email. I am not worried at all about how far down they get. The reservations were not for the ONE, but all trims and we are seeing the result of that. 😎

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nov. 2021 I made a reservation for a Fisker ocean with every intention of aquiring the ONE if fortunate enough to have a reservation early enough to get offered. On July 5th I put my 5K down payment which begins the purchase process.
It was not an act of faith as we had learned who MAGNA STYER is as a manufacturer\developer. It is worth the discovery if you don't know already.
We are well aware of the company's track record.
The Fisker Ocean is a MAGNA automobile from the ground up, bearing Fisker design.
This car is going to be solid as it will serve as a MAGNA showcase of technology and engineering.

None of us have been exposed to this vehicle but when it rolls out will be (in my view) the first in what I suspect to be a bench mark for other manufacturers to emulate.

My choice was a no brainer.

Your choice is yours.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nov. 2021 I made a reservation for a Fisker ocean with every intention of aquiring the ONE if fortunate enough to have a reservation early enough to get offered. On July 5th I put my 5K down payment which begins the purchase process.
It was not an act of faith as we had learned who MAGNA STYER is as a manufacturer\developer. It is worth the discovery if you don't know already.
We are well aware of the company's track record.
The Fisker Ocean is a MAGNA automobile from the ground up, bearing Fisker design.
This car is going to be solid as it will serve as a MAGNA showcase of technology and engineering.

None of us have been exposed to this vehicle but when it rolls out will be (in my view) the first in what I suspect to be a bench mark for other manufacturers to emulate.

My choice was a no brainer.

Your choice is yours.
You make a compelling case @ocsteve39 :unsure:
If Ultra production was guaranteed to be happening sooner, and Fisker asked for a deposit for Ultra, I would have probably paid up too. But alas, we have to wait.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So when you see that shipping is $2500 to a distant Fisker location and then more shipping cost at your expense to your house, the $69k becomes $73k or more. Kinda pricey. Maybe Fisker will realize that the One and Extreme aren’t their main market afterall. I hope the Ultra starts to get built by end of first quarter 2023.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So when you see that shipping is $2500 to a distant Fisker location and then more shipping cost at your expense to your house, the $69k becomes $73k or more. Kinda pricey. Maybe Fisker will realize that the One and Extreme aren’t their main market afterall. I hope the Ultra starts to get built by end of first quarter 2023.
It will be their most profitable lines though.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
The One is $70,000. It’s only pricey when you pay an extra $1,000 to $2,000 for shipping? I doubt anyone that has the means to afford a $70,000 SUV is hurting over the $1,000 to $2,000 to get it shipped. Will they be happy? Nobody is happy when they have to spend money. Will they do it? Absolutely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The One is $70,000. It’s only pricey when you pay an extra $1,000 to $2,000 for shipping? I doubt anyone that has the means to afford a $70,000 SUV is hurting over the $1,000 to $2,000 to get it shipped. Will they be happy? Nobody is happy when they have to spend money. Will they do it? Absolutely.
The total price is pricey, not just when adding in shipping. But Fisker has had to hide shipping to make the MSRPs appealing and marketable.

Expect Fisker to lower Ocean One and Extreme prices as they have only about $10k content above the Ultra. And to lower the $5k deposit if they can’t find 5000 takers out of 50000 potential customers.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts