Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the radar system that the Ocean will have before anyone else. This is the biggest reason I want the Extreme when I'm ready to buy.
"Digital radar provides 16 times better resolution, 24 times more power on target, and 30 times better contrast than today's analog offerings, improving detection capabilities for better road safety for all users – drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians," said Manju Hegde, CEO and cofounder, Uhnder, Inc. "As more and more radars are fitted onto vehicles and other mobility solutions, interference among adjacent radars becomes problematic. Our radar, based on Digital Code Modulation, mitigates this problem."

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@baydreamer

"Digital radar provides 16 times better resolution, 24 times more power on target, and 30 times better contrast than today"s analog offering..."

That says it all!
Way better system I love that it "sees" various height differences...
Like a cat crossing the road vs a pedestrian running by!

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@baydreamer

"Digital radar provides 16 times better resolution, 24 times more power on target, and 30 times better contrast than today"s analog offering..."

That says it all!
Way better system I love that it "sees" various height differences...
Like a cat crossing the road vs a pedestrian running by!
For years, I was impressed that Volvo's system could detect large animals. They were the only company, to my knowledge, that had that feature. This will be so much better.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@baydreamer

"I was impressed that Volvo's system could detect large animals. They were the only company, to my knowledge, that had that feature. This will be so much better."

Finally a technological LEAP into the future!
Well. done Fisker!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts