Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been looking online for articles and videos about the maintenance of a matte finish car. We are on the fence about getting a car with a matt finish since we never had one before.
Anyone here ever had one? Did you like it? Is it "hard" to maintain? Would you get a matte finish car again?
This article seemed helpful but we still don't know if we want the matte finish. Thanks!!

Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!

I've been looking online for articles and videos about the maintenance of a matte finish car. We are on the fence about getting a car with a matt finish since we never had one before.
Anyone here ever had one? Did you like it? Is it "hard" to maintain? Would you get a matte finish car again?
This article seemed helpful but we still don't know if we want the matte finish. Thanks!!
My wife drive a Smart Fortwo electric with white matte finish, I clean it with regular soap for car and protect it with silicone. Very easy to maintain and birds drops do not affect the paint and look. But the body of this car is made with plastic not metal so I believe that we cannot compare.
I think the article is fair but I would like to know if a ceramic wax could be used for a matte finish on metal body.馃

Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife drive a Smart Fortwo electric with white matte finish, I clean it with regular soap for car and protect it with silicone. Very easy to maintain and birds drops do not affect the paint and look. But the body of this car is made with plastic not metal so I believe that we cannot compare.
I think the article is fair but I would like to know if a ceramic wax could be used for a matte finish on metal body.馃
True. So much information out there which is one of the reasons why I like to hear from anyone who has/had a matte finish car. Every time you read one article or watch a video about the "good reasons" for a matte finish there is another article about "bad reasons"! Can drive you batty that's for sure! :eek:

Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
True. So much information out there which is one of the reasons why I like to hear from anyone who has/had a matte finish car. Every time you read one article or watch a video about the "good reasons" for a matte finish there is another article about "bad reasons"! Can drive you batty that's for sure! :eek:
I full agree with you, for now I didn鈥檛 get any problems with matte finish and I like so much the look. :p

Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it's normal and like all of us you will jungle on wich final color you will finally pick. o_O
That's for sure! I do appreciate seeing pictures of the different colors. For us anyway, we don't want the black finish. Not that black is a bad color, to me that color doesn't bring out the awesome look of the Ocean. 馃榿

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.