Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@baydreamer
Yes, this is the company that
Fisker contracted to supply the
ADAS system for the Ocean!
I know. That's why I posted it. :) I'm so anxious to read a road test (I know that the Ocean isn't due until November, but sometimes companies let magazines review prototypes).
I can be wrong but I think that Magna is owner of this company or have invested massively in.
You're definitely right. I'm not sure what the arrangement is, if it's financial or technological, but there's a link between the companies.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is great to see, clearly it's first of it's kind, class leading tech. But its another piece of the tech in the price difference from ultra to Extreme. The good news is that Fisker is doing things that no one else has. Like Henrik said, he can use newer tech because his process has been shorter from design to production.

Like you @baydreamer I (and I'm sure everyone else here) can't wait to see or read the road tests.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking of reviewing prototypes, I know that Fisker is now building a small batch of cars to make sure everything goes smoothly when production starts. Does anyone know what happens to prototypes once companies are done with them?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I believe some go to agencies for range testing and safety testing others probably stay with company to test updates and rest are just right offs and get destroyed I would assume

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@S7davis
rest are just right offs and get destroyed I would assume
No way Fisker Inc will destroy the 50 prototypes build at Magna Steyr
That would contravene it’s ESG mandate (Environmental Social Governance)
to do no harm to the environment!

Fisker Inc is refraining from even printing Ocean brochures.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@S7davis

No way Fisker Inc will destroy the 50 prototypes build at Magna Steyr
That would contravene it’s ESG mandate (Environmental Social Governance)
to do no harm to the environment!

Fisker Inc is refraining from even printing Ocean brochures.
Hopefully they can reuse and recycle. I'd love a definitive answer. Maybe I'll post my question on Twitter.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@baydreamer
Fisker is now building a small batch of cars to make sure everything goes smoothly when production starts. Does anyone know what happens to prototypes once companies are done with them?
I now surmise that many of the 50 Ocean prototypes will be used, abused and destroyed by the various crash tests involved to certify these vehicles for worldwide sale

Nissan Ariya Testing Regimen:
"More than 100 data points are evaluated on the Ariya. Because the upcoming Ariya will be sold in many markets, we will conduct more than 400 tests from the early stages of development to market launch."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts