Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
192 Posts
HF says the access to the rear will be unique. How many ways can you do it? If it‘s not a hatchback or drop tailgate, or done maybe like a Mini with the double door van type opening, what’s left? Any guesses? I’m going with slide out entire rear like a file cabinet drawer.

You read it first here 🤪

·
Registered
293 Posts
HF says the access to the rear will be unique. How many ways can you do it? If it‘s not a hatchback or drop tailgate, or done maybe like a Mini with the double door van type opening, what’s left? Any guesses? I’m going with slide out entire rear like a file cabinet drawer.

You read it first here 🤪
nope, its teleporting. That’s right, full Star Trek shit right here, right now!

·
Registered
446 Posts

You read it first here 🤪
My guess is that the rear of vehicle will both open like a hatch and there will be a tailgate that will slide down and inside the vehicle, giving you a large opening without requiring any additional room. Remember, Henrik envisions this as an urban vehicle and improving your loading and unloading experience in tight spaces may be what he is shooting for.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My guess is that the rear of vehicle will both open like a hatch and there will be a tailgate that will slide down and inside the vehicle, giving you a large opening without requiring any additional room. Remember, Henrik envisions this as an urban vehicle and improving your loading and unloading experience in tight spaces may be what he is shooting for.
That is what seems left...a "California Mode" take on the rear hatch, where it disappears into another vehicle panel. I am wondering, though...with all of this mechanical wizardry, if that is just more opportunity for things to break. EV's run great, but a negative CR report on them cited unrefined technology failure as a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts