Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thoroughly enjoyed this detailed analysis of the Fisker Ocean
at its European debut In Barcelona

A 17:20 minute video analysis of both the exterior & interior features
Enjoy the show!

Hilights:

~ distinctive design which is both bold and sporty

~ probably has 50 KWh and 80 KWh battery
(Henrik Fisker is not divulging this info yet to their competition)

~ Fisker expects to sell 60,000 Oceans per year in USA
Worldwide expectations: 150,000 Oceans per year

~ Acceleration (expected): 0-100 kph in 4.0 seconds (Ultra model)

~ 150 KWh DC charging

·
Registered
96 Posts

Thoroughly enjoyed this detailed analysis of the Fisker Ocean
at its European debut In Barcelona

A 17:20 minute video analysis of both the exterior & interior features
Enjoy the show!

Hilights:

~ distinctive design which is both bold and sporty

~ probably has 50 KWh and 80 KWh battery
(Henrik Fisker is not divulging this info yet to their competition)

~ Fisker expects to sell 60,000 Oceans per year in USA
Worldwide expectations: 150,000 Oceans per year

~ Acceleration (expected): 0-100 kph in 4.0 seconds (Ultra model)

~ 150 KWh DC charging
I watched and enjoyed as well. I have read that the Ocean will be able to charge up to 250 kWh on a DC fast charger. So I am getting a little confused when people report 150. I believe it has even been reported on this forum somewhere that it would have the ability to charge at 250 kWh. I'm hoping that is true. I also noticed he said that a heat pump will be standard on all trims. May not have been this video but another interview with Bjorn

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ToddH65 ,

Yes, heat pump standard equipment on ALL models (Sport/Ultra/Extreme/On)

Reactions: KMBrown

·
Registered
66 Posts
I watched the video and have a few concerns. One is the headroom when he sat in the driver's seat. I'm also tall and his head was up into the opening of the roof. I'm hoping that the seatt was up fairly high. My other concern is the quality of the interior. The buttons below the rotating screen look like cheap plastic buttons from my 1988 Golf. Please tell me that's not the final production version.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
I watched the video and have a few concerns. One is the headroom when he sat in the driver's seat. I'm also tall and his head was up into the opening of the roof. I'm hoping that the seatt was up fairly high. My other concern is the quality of the interior. The buttons below the rotating screen look like cheap plastic buttons from my 1988 Golf. Please tell me that's not the final production version.
I wouldn't worry about it yet. The pre-production models seen over the last 9 months don't have adjustable seats. So if the seat is properly set, there hopefully will be plenty of room. We will have to see reviews of the final production version.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Henrik is maybe an inch or two shorter than the host, yeah? Which is at most an inch shorter when seated. Check this Instagram post where we see Henrik driving and he appears to have tons of headroom. @MTN Ranger is right, those showroom cars don't have adjustable seats.
Instagram from Henrik

Let me know if the link doesn't work, I'm not sure it is. But if you search Henrik Fisker on Instagram and go to his video on April 21 you'll see.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Henrik is maybe an inch or two shorter than the host, yeah? Which is at most an inch shorter when seated. Check this Instagram post where we see Henrik driving and he appears to have tons of headroom. @MTN Ranger is right, those showroom cars don't have adjustable seats.
Instagram from Henrik

Let me know if the link doesn't work, I'm not sure it is. But if you search Henrik Fisker on Instagram and go to his video on April 21 you'll see.
That's good news about the seats but how about the quality of the buttons below the rotating screen. Is that the final product? For the price of the vehicle, it should have better quality material. Maybe I'm just spoiled from owning Mercedes Benz products for the last twenty years, but it looks cheap for a vehicle we're all considering spending 50 to 70 thousand dollars for.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
That's good news about the seats but how about the quality of the buttons below the rotating screen. Is that the final product? For the price of the vehicle, it should have better quality material. Maybe I'm just spoiled from owning Mercedes Benz products for the last twenty years, but it looks cheap for a vehicle we're all considering spending 50 to 70 thousand dollars for.
The buttons don't work either in these pre-production units. Henrik posted a production version of the underscreen buttons.

Reactions: KMBrown

·
Registered
66 Posts
The buttons don't work either in these pre-production units. Henrik posted a production version of the underscreen buttons.

Thanks for posting this MTN Ranger. Please don't take this next comment as if I'm a negative person but It's still plastic. It looks Cheap. Again, I expected something in a better material. Maybe it's just the way it was designed. It just doesn't look right under the Screen in the car. I'll have to live with it. Just because Henrik says its good quality in the video doesn't mean it is. He's still trying to sell a vehicle to the public. I guess I'm spoiled by MB.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
Thanks for posting this MTN Ranger. Please don't take this next comment as if I'm a negative person but It's still plastic. It looks Cheap. Again, I expected something in a better material. Maybe it's just the way it was designed. It just doesn't look right under the Screen in the car. I'll have to live with it. Just because Henrik says its good quality in the video doesn't mean it is. He's still trying to sell a vehicle to the public. I guess I'm spoiled by MB.
I suppose it is subjective, but I really like the real tactile buttons like these. On the level of Mercedes Benz? No, probably not. Then again, this $30-62k price range is below that of any Mercedes EV vehicles - it's just a different price bracket.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Again, on instagram, he shares a video of him pressing the buttons and the solid sounding click that the buttons give when pressed. So you can see what the bottom row looks like. It's not fancy but better than piano black.
Computer Netbook Input device Laptop Peripheral

Edit: my apologies, I didn't refresh before posting, so I missed that @MTN Ranger had it covered :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I suppose it is subjective, but I really like the real tactile buttons like these. On the level of Mercedes Benz? No, probably not. Then again, this $30-62k price range is below that of any Mercedes EV vehicles - it's just a different price bracket.
You mean 37k to 69k. The EQB comes out this Summer with a fully loaded EQB 350 4matic at 62k. Granted it doesn't have the range or HP of the Extreme and Ultra but far better interior.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
You mean 37k to 69k. The EQB comes out this Summer with a fully loaded EQB 350 4matic at 62k. Granted it doesn't have the range or HP of the Extreme and Ultra but far better interior.
I was including the $7500 tax credit, but yes, the total MSRP is higher.

I've owned a Mercedes and that fully loaded price will be much higher. The EQB does seem like a similar size to the Ocean. "For the USA, Mercedes-Benz has revealed that the 2022 EQB 300 4MATIC will start from $54,500 and the EQB 350 4MATIC is priced from $58,050." I'm betting you could get it into the $70-80k+ range easily knowing Mercedes option pricing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was including the $7500 tax credit, but yes, the total MSRP is higher.

I've owned a Mercedes and that fully loaded price will be much higher. The EQB does seem like a similar size to the Ocean. "For the USA, Mercedes-Benz has revealed that the 2022 EQB 300 4MATIC will start from $54,500 and the EQB 350 4MATIC is priced from $58,050." I'm betting you could get it into the $70-80k+ range easily knowing Mercedes option pricing.
I was at my MB dealer this past weekend getting an inspection sticker for my car. They have five EQB 300 AND 350 4 Matics sitting on the docks in Mayland waiting for MB USA to give the go ahead for delivery to Massachusetts. One of them was a 350 4 Matic Exclusive trim with the Burmester sound system, grey exterior with a black interior. They would sell it to me for $60,500. Right at MSRP. My salesman at my MB knows I'm interested in an EV and realizes they might lose me as a customer. I've been purchasing from them for more than twenty years.
The Ocean intrigues me and I know it's not going to be as plush as a MB but it looks like it will be fun to drive. My wife is telling me to get the EQB 350 4 Matic and still purchsse the Ultra in a year or so when they become available.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was at my MB dealer this past weekend getting an inspection sticker for my car. They have five EQB 300 AND 350 4 Matics sitting on the docks in Mayland waiting for MB USA to give the go ahead for delivery to Massachusetts. One of them was a 350 4 Matic Exclusive trim with the Burmester sound system, grey exterior with a black interior. They would sell it to me for $60,500. Right at MSRP. My salesman at my MB knows I'm interested in an EV and realizes they might lose me as a customer. I've been purchasing from them for more than twenty years.
The Ocean intrigues me and I know it's not going to be as plush as a MB but it looks like it will be fun to drive. My wife is telling me to get the EQB 350 4 Matic and still purchsse the Ultra in a year or so when they become available.
Very nice I happen to see some EQS i think was 450 about a month ago. Funny part was someone traded it in at a Ford Dealership lol. They look very nice and Spaceshipy lol and very technology advanced car system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"The buttons below the rotating screen look like cheap plastic buttons from my 1988 Golf. Please tell me that's not the final production version."
[/QUOTE]
I believe most of those items in the interior are just non-functional prototype representatives. The product will be more substantial.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts