Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Many batteries use corrosive or flammable chemicals here, but the scientists working on this new study have found an alternative. Chitosan is a biological material derived from chitin. The author notes that "the most abundant source of chitosan is the exoskeletons of crustaceans," including crabs, shrimps, and lobsters, which means that the material could be sourced from seafood waste."

With an order of Old Bay Fries on the side.

·
Registered
474 Posts
"Many batteries use corrosive or flammable chemicals here, but the scientists working on this new study have found an alternative. Chitosan is a biological material derived from chitin. The author notes that "the most abundant source of chitosan is the exoskeletons of crustaceans," including crabs, shrimps, and lobsters, which means that the material could be sourced from seafood waste."

With an order of Old Bay Fries on the side.
I was just reading this article. Interesting new electrolyte made from bio-waste aside, why in the world are they talking about letting the zinc or lithium biodegrade? We should be re-using those minerals. SMH

"Hu estimates the biodegradable electrolyte could be broken down by microbes within five months. In addition, the batteries would use zinc, which is far more biodegradable than than lead or lithium."

·
Registered
Ocean Extreme
188 Posts
If this means I have to eat more shrimp and lobstah... I will!!! For the greater good of our planet of course. I wonder of Old Bay will improve the performance!? It's does amazing things to my taste buds!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts