Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"It’s hard to believe that, as recently as five years ago, EVs were considered a niche technology."

Boston Consulting Group (BCG) has yearly revised the US EV market uptake for 2030
from 21% penetration to 53% .....only EIGHT YEARS henceforth

The BEV marketplace, especially in the US, has NOT been marked by the lack of demand,
BUT really the lack of BEV Supply!!

It's the "Field of Dreams" scenario playing out.....
Built it Ray, and they (the BEV customers) will come!
Photograph Vertebrate Human Natural environment Sleeve

Anyways, here's a great article demonstrating how the BCG has revised its yearly
EV uptake from 21% to 53% by 2030

Yes, BCG is projecting over half of all US new vehicle sales will be EV's in 2030.

Reactions: remichex

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
491 Posts
"It’s hard to believe that, as recently as five years ago, EVs were considered a niche technology."

Boston Consulting Group (BCG) has yearly revised the US EV market uptake for 2030
from 21% penetration to 53% .....only EIGHT YEARS henceforth

i remember the attitude at BCG back in 2017/ 2018 was very heavily influenced by their German automotive clients. A friend of mine (former sr parter there) went to a partnership meeting and had a number of arguments about where the industry was going. The German partners in particular were lining up behind the “long transition, limited demand” projections. What you are seeing reflected in these new data (says cynical old me) is a shift in attitudes among the executives in big German auto rather than any real epiphany about the EV technology or economics. Still good to see BCG getting its head out of the dark and smelly place! It should help accelerate things further.

Reactions: Blu Angel

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@BayouCityBob
good to see BCG getting its head out of the dark and smelly place!
It should help accelerate things further.
Thx for your insight regarding the senior partner at BCG.
Obviously, they've come full circle........Once the German auto industry players
decided that EVs are the future, it cemented Europes direction to GREEN technology

·
Registered
Ocean Extreme
168 Posts
I had a thought while I'm my "second" office:. There is often talk about the dirty side of EVs being the production side of it being 'dirty'; namely the batteries. But if a company like Magna, and by association Fisker, is going to extra lengths to be carbon neutral, by trying to use as much recycled materials as possible, how much do you think that really lowers the carbon footprint on the production side?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts