Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looks like BYD beat Fisker to the punch, lol.

Notice, it's using AAOS and its pretty darn smooth, responsive and seamless. While the map app seems to crash the first time and fixed with a reset, panning and zooming is super smooth. I have faith Fisker engineers can do the same.

Note that resetting the car to fix problems is not new.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
491 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
293 Posts
God the overall design of that thing is so boring. I’d call it vanilla, but i actually like vanilla.
So many of the cars coming out of asia the past 5-10 years lack any imagination whatsoever in their design. Its almost like the same guy goes shop to shop and sells designs to the manufacturer.
Yeah prius , i’m talking to you.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
605 Posts
God the overall design of that thing is so boring. I’d call it vanilla, but i actually like vanilla.
So many of the cars coming out of asia the past 5-10 years lack any imagination whatsoever in their design. Its almost like the same guy goes shop to shop and sells designs to the manufacturer.
China is very good to copy but to create something new from nothing hmmm it's more difficult!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You make a really good point. There are zero design cues. The side of that car looks like a wall. No flavor at all.

·
Registered
2013 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG w/ Performance Package | 2018 Audi SQ5 Techik
25 Posts
China is very good to copy but to create something new from nothing hmmm it's more difficult!!!
lol, I am not sure if that's true anymore.. in the 80s may be.. but definitely from 2000s and beyond. Also, check on Chinese patents vs. US patents, there have been a surpass from Chinese being first in patents application. Now, some may say Chinese patents are useless and motivated by other things.. which MAY be true.. but the counter on the US patents is also true... i.e. can we for certain say all US patents has commercial value and not motivated by financial incentives.. may be not all patents, but some certainly are.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
192 Posts
lol, I am not sure if that's true anymore.. in the 80s may be.. but definitely from 2000s and beyond. Also, check on Chinese patents vs. US patents, there have been a surpass from Chinese being first in patents application. Now, some may say Chinese patents are useless and motivated by other things.. which MAY be true.. but the counter on the US patents is also true... i.e. can we for certain say all US patents has commercial value and not motivated by financial incentives.. may be not all patents, but some certainly are.
Really getting off track here but China filing patents doesnt mean squat. They are the number one nation for stealing IP from other countries. When someone files a patent application here in the US (and probably anywhere else), after 18 months it’s automatically published and there’s a guy in China viewing the application for all it’s worth. It sucks but that’s what they do.

Let‘s say I invent anti-gravity with a tin can, a brown crayon and a horseshoe magnet. I only have enough money to file in the US. That Chinese guy working for IP stealers-R-Us runs to his boss and steals (lawfully because I couldn’t file in China) the design, and runs to the Chinese patent lawyers and files in every country possible to have the “keys” to produce and protect it. So I have the US, and Chin Ho gets every country on Earth worth filing in. So yeah, they file more patents. My 2 patent attorneys have taught me tons of stuff over the years. I have 4 patents and another one in process (in the automotive world and Covid proof this time). Boy have I learned a few things :unsure:

The patent processes are extremely complex and mind boggling about how much you need to know when filing for a patent. That‘s why patent lawyers have to pass 2 bar exams, it’s that much crap they have to know. I have heard that filing in China is a joke. I mean you have to have big serious money (and Chinese respect) to have a patent seriously enforced over there. And it’s the same with Mexico too, or so the rumor….🌮 which makes me think I may have Taco Bell for lunch…..

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
192 Posts

Looks like BYD beat Fisker to the punch, lol.
Who knows who beat who. But Fisker was granted a patent on April 30 of 2021 for the rotating screen here in the US. So if the BYD came to US shores, that car could not present that feature without infringement. I mean they could, but then the whole cease and desist thing would start. Ugh. Some things aren’t worth fighting for. In my opinion, that would be one of them. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2013 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG w/ Performance Package | 2018 Audi SQ5 Techik
25 Posts
Really getting off track here but China filing patents doesnt mean squat. They are the number one nation for stealing IP from other countries. When someone files a patent application here in the US (and probably anywhere else), after 18 months it’s automatically published and there’s a guy in China viewing the application for all it’s worth. It sucks but that’s what they do.

Let‘s say I invent anti-gravity with a tin can, a brown crayon and a horseshoe magnet. I only have enough money to file in the US. That Chinese guy working for IP stealers-R-Us runs to his boss and steals (lawfully because I couldn’t file in China) the design, and runs to the Chinese patent lawyers and files in every country possible to have the “keys” to produce and protect it. So I have the US, and Chin Ho gets every country on Earth worth filing in. So yeah, they file more patents. My 2 patent attorneys have taught me tons of stuff over the years. I have 4 patents and another one in process (in the automotive world and Covid proof this time). Boy have I learned a few things :unsure:

The patent processes are extremely complex and mind boggling about how much you need to know when filing for a patent. That‘s why patent lawyers have to pass 2 bar exams, it’s that much crap they have to know. I have heard that filing in China is a joke. I mean you have to have big serious money (and Chinese respect) to have a patent seriously enforced over there. And it’s the same with Mexico too, or so the rumor….🌮 which makes me think I may have Taco Bell for lunch…..
lol. Let’s agree to disagree. Let’s just say in some aspects the Chinese are definitely having a leg up against the Americans. I will leave it at that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts