Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nothing has been said officially. But one would assume since they already are contracted with Bridgestone they will provide the servicing for the FiskerInc vehicles. Here in San Diego all the Express Tire locations have turned into Bridgestone (so guessing Bridgestone bought out Express Tire). So if this is true all the Bridgestone/Firestone locations probably will be able to work on your Ocean. With that said their are a ton of locations available for servicing.

We all need to remember that FiskerInc is an Asset lite model. Which means cheaper to run business and he doesn't have to create/build all these service centers himself and go thru all his capital. So with this said I do not think anyone anywhere will have much of a problem for servicing their vehicle. Plus they can also do home servicing as well thru the Fisker App like most other EVs can/will do as well.

With Fisker servicing they will pick your vehicle up service it and bring it back. I do believe Henrik did mention they will provide a loaner from their Fleet as well.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
613 Posts
Nothing has been said officially. But one would assume since they already are contracted with Bridgestone they will provide the servicing for the FiskerInc vehicles. Here in San Diego all the Express Tire locations have turned into Bridgestone (so guessing Bridgestone bought out Express Tire). So if this is true all the Bridgestone/Firestone locations probably will be able to work on your Ocean. With that said their are a ton of locations available for servicing.

We all need to remember that FiskerInc is an Asset lite model. Which means cheaper to run business and he doesn't have to create/build all these service centers himself and go thru all his capital. So with this said I do not think anyone anywhere will have much of a problem for servicing their vehicle. Plus they can also do home servicing as well thru the Fisker App like most other EVs can/will do as well.

With Fisker servicing they will pick your vehicle up service it and bring it back. I do believe Henrik did mention they will provide a loaner from their Fleet as well.
One point about the service at home, it would be limited at a maximum distance from the service center to confirm later.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is a key datapoint to making the go/no-go decision. A friend of mine is a mechanic and has seen some of the cars that have come in after Firestone has had their grubby mitts on them. It ain't good. Critical faults missed, hardware either waaaay overtightened or so loose it all but fell off the car, etc. My hope would be that Fisker would leverage trained and dedicated Fisker techs for mobile service and more or less utilize Firestone/Bridgestone as a fixed base operator to bring a car if it has to go up on a lift. For the same reason I wouldn't take a Porsche to Jiffy Lube, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be taking my Fisker to Firestone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is a key datapoint to making the go/no-go decision. A friend of mine is a mechanic and has seen some of the cars that have come in after Firestone has had their grubby mitts on them. It ain't good. Critical faults missed, hardware either waaaay overtightened or so loose it all but fell off the car, etc. My hope would be that Fisker would leverage trained and dedicated Fisker techs for mobile service and more or less utilize Firestone/Bridgestone as a fixed base operator to bring a car if it has to go up on a lift. For the same reason I wouldn't take a Porsche to Jiffy Lube, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be taking my Fisker to Firestone.
You are probably correct. Alot of the mechanical issues on an electric car can be fixed at home. However, the chance it needs to go to a garage is seldom so the Firestone/Bridgestone garages is just their Base of operations so they have access to lifts and tools.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are spot on.

I really hope we can get some clarity on such questions.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
As I have experience with both Tesla mobile service and service center locations, there are some things that can only be done at the centers. Mobile can do a lot of things, but they can't carry all the tools necessary for everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts