Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
491 Posts
I've been reading all the reviews. I am honestly leaning heavily toward cancelling this reservation in favor of the Fisker. The AWD Extreme edition is priced less than the RWD Lyriq after the tax incentive, has 40 miles+ more range, faster charging speed, AWD, much better performance, and IMO nicer interior (I am not a fan of what I consider button overload on the Lyriq). The Lyriq is 8.5" longer but a little narrower and shorter. So it may have the edge on storage space. But the overall package on the Ocean is looking much more compelling to me by the day.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
From what I have seen so far is that the 2023 (sold out) and the 2024 will be the base version RWD and AWD models. Higher level trims with more luxury features will be coming out later. In all, for $60-64k it's a solid value and I think they priced it that way because it doesn't have the $7500 tax credit in the US. In the Alex on Autos video, he really likes it and says it's the best Cadillac ever built.

·
Registered
491 Posts
From what I have seen so far is that the 2023 (sold out) and the 2024 will be the base version RWD and AWD models. Higher level trims with more luxury features will be coming out later. In all, for $60-64k it's a solid value and I think they priced it that way because it doesn't have the $7500 tax credit in the US. In the Alex on Autos video, he really likes it and says it's the best Cadillac ever built.
I agree it is a solid value and a good vehicle. I am just leaning more heavily to the Fisker extreme for the same money now that I have seen the initial reviews. (Or the R1S for an extra $9k.) Will have to decide sometime later this Fall, hopefully after the initial Fisker reviews are in as well.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely like the Lyriq, but it's larger than I want (I'd be happier if the Ocean was the length it was when it was first introduced- 182 inches). But I like the Ocean better, at least visually (I can't speak for anything else until journalists get their hands on the Ocean), plus I like the idea of supporting a startup. Henrik is an outside of the box thinker, where GM is a corporation. I know, ultimately it's the results that matter, but I like supporting the underdog when possible.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I definitely like the Lyriq, but it's larger than I want (I'd be happier if the Ocean was the length it was when it was first introduced- 182 inches). But I like the Ocean better, at least visually (I can't speak for anything else until journalists get their hands on the Ocean), plus I like the idea of supporting a startup. Henrik is an outside of the box thinker, where GM is a corporation. I know, ultimately it's the results that matter, but I like supporting the underdog when possible.
Fisker is a corporation too.

·
Registered
491 Posts
We try to support innovators as well. We like when companies take on bold or risky moves to push the technology to improve the environment. That is why we bought a Prius in 2005 and a Volt in 2011 and a Model 3 in 2018. I am impressed by Mary Barra's bold move to stop developing new ICE vehicles for Cadillac (which she has done) and migrate to all-electric. So I would like to do my little part to help them succeed out of the gate. I also am with you that I like helping the Fiskers and the RIvians of this world try to get off the runway. Ironically, now that Tesla is King of the hill I am less interested in making our next vehicle a Tesla. I love the Model 3 and the much-maligned FSD is awesome on the highway, but their current models are oversubscribed. We are in for the Cybertruck, however, because it is a radical re-think of the pickup truck and even the prototype has significantly accelerated the launch of the Lightning and Silverado EV. So our next two vehicles sometime next year will be a Cybertruck and one of the new electric SUVs. The latter is a tough choice. Lyriq, Ocean, R1S, EV9, or maybe a Blazer. None of the others appeal to me. But how amazing that we are getting spoiled for choices (even if in small quantities).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really like the Lyriq. I also like the model Y. The Ocean just have the federal tax credit that the Y and the Lyriq does not have have. Plus the tax credit put the Ocean One and Extreme cheaper then the Y and Lyriq…plus Elon just rub me the wrong way 😂

·
Registered
491 Posts
I really like the Lyriq. I also like the model Y. The Ocean just have the federal tax credit that the Y and the Lyriq does not have have. Plus the tax credit put the Ocean One and Extreme cheaper then the Y and Lyriq…plus Elon just rub me the wrong way 😂
Elon is a wrong-way rubber (rub-ist?) for sure. He is one of those very rare people who manages to equally annoy Republicans and Democrats, environmentalists and fossil fuel executives, Texans and Californians, Germans and Chinese and Americans all at the same time. It's a gift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts