Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Canadian Federal government has maintained its $5,000 EV rebate
and now upped the maximum msrp to $70,000 with options.

This means Fisker Ocean Sport will definitely qualify and perhaps the Fisker Ultra
IF the base price is $60,000 Cdn dollars

“SUVs, pickup trucks and vans with a maximum base price of $60,000 and a maximum price with options of $70,000 can also qualify.”

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
2020 Tesla Model 3, 2013 Chevy Volt
57 Posts
This means Fisker Ocean Sport will definitely qualify and perhaps the Fisker Ultra
IF the base price is $60,000 Cdn dollars

“SUVs, pickup trucks and vans with a maximum base price of $60,000 and a maximum price with options of $70,000 can also qualify.”
Wouldn't it be the base trim (Sport) $60,000 or less and then any upgraded trims (Ultra) would have to be $70,000 or less before tax? I think that's the way it was interpreted prior to this change.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Sport was planned to start at 44999 as to qualify for the prior rebate limit. So we are assuming sport will still qualify, and now the Ultra might qualify if it comes in at 59999, which is where I think they would have targeted anyway. Then any add-ons up to $70k will still qualify. So adding winter package, smart traction, or the safety packages up to $70k will qualify. I'm hoping they increase the capital depreciation limits too now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Sport was planned to start at 44999 as to qualify for the prior rebate limit. So we are assuming sport will still qualify, and now the Ultra might qualify if it comes in at 59999, which is where I think they would have targeted anyway. Then any add-ons up to $70k will still qualify. So adding winter package, smart traction, or the safety packages up to $70k will qualify. I'm hoping they increase the capital depreciation limits too now.
I'm just getting up to speed. So you think the Ultra at 64k CAD does not qualify for the 5k izev? Also, anybody know what the wait time is for Canada if somebody orders now? Trying to get an EV in Canada has been downright kooky. I've actually ordered another car but still curious as to the Ocean.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm just getting up to speed. So you think the Ultra at 64k CAD does not qualify for the 5k izev? Also, anybody know what the wait time is for Canada if somebody orders now? Trying to get an EV in Canada has been downright kooky. I've actually ordered another car but still curious as to the Ocean.
Not sure about the wait times.

I think I got it wrong in my last post. The new base trim limits are $55k for cars, and $60k for wagons, SUVs, and trucks. The upper trim limits are $65k for cars and $70k for the others.

Both the Sport and Ultra will qualify. The Extreme will not.

We have another post about it in the regional, Canada forum board. I think I got it right there after reading the new limits again.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
620 Posts
You know we all have several reservations here, in my case I have the BMW i4, Polestar 2, Ocean Ultra and Pear. The average waiting time is from 12 to 18 months. In the case of Fisker, with 60,000 reservations and an estimated capacity of 40,000 in 2023 there is little chance that you will have a delivery in 2023 even considering those who in the end will not order unless ordering the Extreme trim which is not eligible for the federal discount.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@knash @Bernie
Both the Sport and Ultra will qualify. The Extreme will not.
Bernie speaks the truth.
May I add, first Canadian deliveries will be June 2023 (ONEs & Extreme models)

Reactions: knash

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks guys. It will be interesting to see how his production and confirmed orders go through. All of the OEMs seem lost. Kia and Hyundai stopped taking orders back in April and VW stopped in March. Now VW is ramping production in the US but who knows what the wait times will be. I could get an i4 but I’d rather stick with a CUV. So as a backup I put an order for the next X1. Then I can revisit the EV thing later

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thanks guys. It will be interesting to see how his production and confirmed orders go through. All of the OEMs seem lost. Kia and Hyundai stopped taking orders back in April and VW stopped in March. Now VW is ramping production in the US but who knows what the wait times will be. I could get an i4 but I’d rather stick with a CUV. So as a backup I put an order for the next X1. Then I can revisit the EV thing later
The X1 in NA is an ICE, it's not an EV, should you go with the I4 first and switch to Ocean when you will get it? It'a will be probably what I will do if I got the I4 before the Ocean!

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
591 Posts
The X1 in NA is an ICE, it's not an EV, should you go with the I4 first and switch to Ocean when you will get it? It'a will be probably what I will do if I got the I4 before the Ocean!
BMW revealed the iX1 but I don't think they are planning on bringing to North America.

Reactions: knash and Baker

·
Registered
620 Posts
BMW revealed the iX1 but I don't think they are planning on bringing to North America.
Yes you right, iX1 will be only for China, but @knash was referring to X1 which in ICE car so that why suggest him to go ahead with I4 and switch later on Ocean. It's only a suggestion, you know.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Definitely means if you are planning Ota package updates, wait until you get the vehicle.
Not necessarily. The rebate is done so that only the trim MSRP is factored. All accessories and/or "packages" do not factor towards the rebate limit.
Check out the Ioniq5. They made their top trim in Canada the LR AWD, priced it at $55k(the old top trim limit) and had the available "Ultimate Package" for $7k to get everything that was included in the US as the Limited trim. Basically the Ioniq 5 in Canada is the same car for everyone, but the options were battery size and AWD, UNTIL you ponied up for the Ultimate Package on the LR AWD to get leather, HUD, Bose stereo, etc. The small battery RWD model was right at the old minimum base trim cutoff, $44999.

All of this is to say you can get the Ocean Ultra, and option everything possible and it will still get the rebate. I made a comment elsewhere that if you added $29k in options and took the $5k rebate you would end up paying $88k, or less than an Extreme... You will just have to wait for it 😬

Bernie speaks the truth.
I try to not type until I know the facts ;) I went through the rebate questions with the Ioniq 5 so I understand it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes you right, iX1 will be only for China, but @knash was referring to X1 which in ICE car so that why suggest him to go ahead with I4 and switch later on Ocean. It's only a suggestion, you know.
The iX1 is for China and Europe. Honestly, I waited an extra year and a half to see which EV would actually arrive in numbers in Ontario and it’s been a joke. Ariya? LOL. Q4? Test cars just arriving orders are 12-18 month wait, EV6 and Ioniq 5 have stopped taking orders. ID4 same. They start again in Oct. But over this time I’ve become fed up waiting for reasonable wait times. My order was for the new ICE X1. I suppose I could get a i4 but it’s 15k more. And it’s RWD. I figure I’ll just get a X1 now, lease it for 3 yrs and during that time order a BEV. Then if the Ocean starts to hit reasonable delivery times I’ll line up an order. I also can see how the Ocean gets reviewed etc

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
591 Posts
The iX1 is for China and Europe. Honestly, I waited an extra year and a half to see which EV would actually arrive in numbers in Ontario and it’s been a joke. Ariya? LOL. Q4? Test cars just arriving orders are 12-18 month wait, EV6 and Ioniq 5 have stopped taking orders. ID4 same. They start again in Oct. But over this time I’ve become fed up waiting for reasonable wait times. My order was for the new ICE X1. I suppose I could get a i4 but it’s 15k more. And it’s RWD. I figure I’ll just get a X1 now, lease it for 3 yrs and during that time order a BEV. Then if the Ocean starts to hit reasonable delivery times I’ll line up an order. I also can see how the Ocean gets reviewed etc
Unfortunately, the IRA disincentivizes manufacturers to import BEVs to the U.S. (and Canada will suffer from it). European and Chinese laws incentivize manufactures to sell BEVs over ICE vehicles due to the strict fuel economy regulations and stiff penalties. As the U.S. CAFE regulations are very weak. manufacturers have no desire to bring any of their vehicles to North America as they need as many sales as possible in Europe/China. Most will just focus on their PHEVs as they are now easier to get the federal credits and can easily meet the CAFE requirements.

Reactions: knash and Baker
1 - 15 of 15 Posts