Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick observation from the configurator. An Extreme trim with no extras is 89,999. An Ultra with the same FeelTek interior and all packages is 87,604. So slightly less and just missing the Solar Roof. Am I missing something else that the Extreme has inherently that the Ultra can't get, the "limo mode" rear seat climate controls might be one. I think that's it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it just me or Canadians don't have white interior options in sport trim?

Noticed winter package for $1745, should be standard for our cars, disappointed at all other $7k options. Losing interest in this suv already 😞

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
802 Posts
Looks like according to the feature list:
Immersive Sound System, Dual Wireless Charging, Premium ambient lighting, expanding cargo organizer, underseat storage, limo mode, Teal Brake Calipers. Plus additional cost for Sea Salt upgrade if one chooses to get that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Is it just me or Canadians don't have white interior options in sport trim?

Noticed winter package for $1745, should be standard for our cars, disappointed at all other $7k options. Losing interest in this suv already 😞
So base price should increase? Either way it's a wash. Technically there is huge value in the sport trim in Canada if you don't intend to take long trips with it. It will blow the base equinox ev out of the after in both design and features for the same price. Only thing it's missing is a heat pump which is really the largest disappointment.

·
Registered
802 Posts
So base price should increase? Either way it's a wash. Technically there is huge value in the sport trim in Canada if you don't intend to take long trips with it. It will blow the base equinox ev out of the after in both design and features for the same price. Only thing it's missing is a heat pump which is really the largest disappointment.
I am a huge skeptic that the heat pump will be missing when they finally start building these. I think they will save more money in simplicity than they spend in components. But we will see. The thing we need to keep in mind is that the Sport will not even start coming off the line until late this year and then only if everything else goes according to plan and in small numbers. A lot can and will change between now and then. Same with Ultra. Looking at other vehicles from EV start-ups, there were a LOT of changes to the lower trim specs by the time they actually started building them. In the case of the heat pump, I would suspect they will add by October / Nov when they start building these.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am a huge skeptic that the heat pump will be missing when they finally start building these. I think they will save more money in simplicity than they spend in components. But we will see. The thing we need to keep in mind is that the Sport will not even start coming off the line until late this year and then only if everything else goes according to plan and in small numbers. A lot can and will change between now and then. Same with Ultra. Looking at other vehicles from EV start-ups, there were a LOT of changes to the lower trim specs by the time they actually started building them. In the case of the heat pump, I would suspect they will add by October / Nov when they start building these.
I hope you are right. I wonder what not having one would do to the range in cold weather with an LFP battery. Does 250 become 125? Less? More?.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 63,000+
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Our Leaf uses Li-ion batteries, with no heat pump (iirc). My rule-of-thumb is to discount my typical warm weather range by ~1/4. That's not an exact figure, but a close guess.
Is the Leaf NMC or LFP?

@BayouCityBob
I suspect as much....Fisker Inc will see the obvious error in NOT including the heat pump in the Winter Package

@EVolution
My Tesla loses about 30% range in cold weather.
Is your M3 the new LFP model? Also, I think we may have different definitions of cold weather. Last winter we have about 5 months where -20 were the warm days. I have been trying to research lately what to expect for efficiency when it's that cold or colder but there aren't to many places that hit those temps as often as we do.

The reason why I am asking about LFP vs NMC is from what I have read the LFP batteries take longer to warm up. As such, more energy is used in cold weather when the battery is forced to operate at colder temperatures. It also really impacts your charging capability as it the battery won't charge as quickly when cold.

·
Registered
802 Posts
This test of a Model 3 with and without a heat pump may be instructive. In a nutshell, 3 hours of heating with a heat pump consumed 3% of battery and without a heat pump it consumed 10% of the battery. So a 3 hour heating would chew up an additional 20 miles of range or so versus a heat pump version if the efficiency differential is the same as the Tesla. (Obv. this is above any beyond the losses associated with cold batteries.)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great, thanks Bob. Interesting that the heat pump was 3x more efficient of a system and this was only using camp mode and not while the vehicle was being driven. The article also doesn't mention the temperature this test was conducted at.

·
Registered
99 Posts
As soon as I start using the heat, my TM3 easily loses 30%. Car is charged every night in the garage, preconditioned in the morning. Perfect example, last night started at 248km stated range, drove 120km, arrived home with under 40km. Temps were around the 0C mark, heat was set to 20C. Did drive like an animal on the way home though, 135km/h :)

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
741 Posts
As soon as I start using the heat, my TM3 easily loses 30%. Car is charged every night in the garage, preconditioned in the morning. Perfect example, last night started at 248km stated range, drove 120km, arrived home with under 40km. Temps were around the 0C mark, heat was set to 20C. Did drive like an animal on the way home though, 135km/h :)
Wow take your foot off the pedal you should slow down instead of speeding up! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts