Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have firm pricing now, we just have to wait and see if the standard trim equipment for each trim will be the same as the cars advertised for the US. It would be really nice if they made the Winter Package standard on at least the Ultra, but even the Sport. I don't think they will do this though.

Sport is $44,000
Ultra is $64,000
Extreme/One is $90,000

The good news is the Sport and Ultra will be eligible for the federal $5000 rebate.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4
505 Posts
We have firm pricing now, we just have to wait and see if the standard trim equipment for each trim will be the same as the cars advertised for the US. It would be really nice if they made the Winter Package standard on at least the Ultra, but even the Sport. I don't think they will do this though.

Sport is $44,000
Ultra is $64,000
Extreme/One is $90,000

The good news is the Sport and Ultra will be eligible for the federal $5000 rebate.
Yes it would be great to get it.
How can you say that Ultra will be eligible for federal rebate, the MSRP must be 55k max no matter the options so it is 9k too much?
Can you please clarify?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes it would be great to get it.
How can you say that Ultra will be eligible for federal rebate, the MSRP must be 55k max no matter the options so it is 9k too much?
Can you please clarify?
The program was updated in April of 2022. Cars now have a max of 65,000 and SUVs now have a max of 70,000 MSRP. Hopefully by summer 2023 the list of eligible vehicles will include the Ocean in time for Canadian deliveries.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 56,000+
943 Posts
@Bernie
Thanks Bernie
Now, we need the Optional Equipment Pricing:
1) Winter Package
2) ADAS Package
3) Entertainment Package
4) Towing Package
5) Exterior Paint Upgrade
(Other than Standard White)
6) Interior Upholstery Upgrade
(Other than standard Black)

·
Registered
138 Posts
1) Winter Package
2) ADAS Package
3) Entertainment Package

I think the current speculation is these options will be available for purchase OTA for the Ultra. If so then for the purchases of the tax credits, these can just be purchased after to avoid hitting the maximum. I do agree that we still need to know what we are all going to expect to pay in total for this vehicle though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@EVolution , the pricing for add-ons does not matter in regards to the federal rebate. The maximum of $70k for an SUV/Wagon is the MSRP of the trim level before additional packages. So in theory if you really want to, you could purchase an Ultra, add everything to make it like an Extreme (obviously the solarsky won't be an option), and still get the rebate. Check the details on the program.

I totally forgot about spending for paint. I hope it's not too much. I'm pretty set on the Sea Grass but would love to see even a picture first.

@Blu Angel , are you thinking a tow package will just be a tow hitch bar, or do you think it will require a software update for a "tow mode"?
What do you think the entertainment package will be? Rotating screen? Gaming availability? Upgraded stero? I have zero interest in spending more for this, but I get the appeal. I just don't want to get carried away.

I'll be in for paint, tow package, winter, and maybe the smart Traction or ADAS if it's affordable. I was happy to see that Ultra has listed AWD with front axel disconnect now. That's range saving for sure.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@EVolution , the pricing for add-ons does not matter in regards to the federal rebate. The maximum of $70k for an SUV/Wagon is the MSRP of the trim level before additional packages. So in theory if you really want to, you could purchase an Ultra, add everything to make it like an Extreme (obviously the solarsky won't be an option), and still get the rebate. Check the details on the program.

I totally forgot about spending for paint. I hope it's not too much. I'm pretty set on the Sea Grass but would love to see even a picture first.

@Blu Angel , are you thinking a tow package will just be a tow hitch bar, or do you think it will require a software update for a "tow mode"?
What do you think the entertainment package will be? Rotating screen? Gaming availability? Upgraded stero? I have zero interest in spending more for this, but I get the appeal. I just don't want to get carried away.

I'll be in for paint, tow package, winter, and maybe the smart Traction or ADAS if it's affordable. I was happy to see that Ultra has listed AWD with front axel disconnect now. That's range saving for sure.
I could also see the packages being cheaper when bought from factory than waiting later to download OTA. For no reason besides they want you to buy as much up front as possible.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Right you are. Misread that little tidbit. Sounds like we are in the market for the same vehicle. I am also looking at the Sea Grass option.

My opinion on the Tow Package, I could see it being both. Reason being the decoupling system for AWD vs RWD. My guess is a tow option would prioritize AWD rather than allow it to go back to RWD.

I think you nailed it on the entertainment package. It would make sense to bundle it all together and be able to charge a higher price for it rather than just say for a rotating screen feature.

·
Registered
943 Posts
@Bernie @EVolution
think you nailed it on the entertainment package. It would make sense to bundle it all together and be able to charge a higher price for it rather than just say for a rotating screen feature.
Exactly what I thought...bundle it all together including rotating screen.

"Scratch that, it might be better than how you would watch at home, because Fisker isn’t done yet.
The Ocean also comes with a Fisker HyperSound Immersive Audio System that delivers 360 degrees of surround sound.
The system has 500 watts of power, 16 speakers, and a subwoofer, and Fisker claims it has one of the largest six-speaker dashboard
arrays in the business."

Vehicle Window Plant Automotive mirror Gadget

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Bernie @EVolution

Exactly what I thought...bundle it all together including rotating screen.

"Scratch that, it might be better than how you would watch at home, because Fisker isn’t done yet.
The Ocean also comes with a Fisker HyperSound Immersive Audio System that delivers 360 degrees of surround sound.
The system has 500 watts of power, 16 speakers, and a subwoofer, and Fisker claims it has one of the largest six-speaker dashboard
arrays in the business."

View attachment 867
Nice pitch Blu.

Blu, you said you got an invite. Did you take the One? I can't remember your previously stated trim position.

I noticed it no longer says 2D 360 view camera on the app/website for Ultra. I wonder if that's a typo omission, or if it's gone from the car. That would suck if gone, but what are ya gonna do.

I really hope they come out with another 20" wheel, or the aero cover comes off to reveal the wheel the Bridgestone test track Oceans are on. Some are a 5 spoke, some are a split 5 (call it 10). Those wheels look awesome.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right you are. Misread that little tidbit. Sounds like we are in the market for the same vehicle. I am also looking at the Sea Grass option.

My opinion on the Tow Package, I could see it being both. Reason being the decoupling system for AWD vs RWD. My guess is a tow option would prioritize AWD rather than allow it to go back to RWD.

I think you nailed it on the entertainment package. It would make sense to bundle it all together and be able to charge a higher price for it rather than just say for a rotating screen feature.
That's a great point about the decoupling, and needing to prioritize AWD. I need the tow hitch to make sure the fam can get around with bikes, and maybe a pop-up camper is in my future.

·
Registered
943 Posts
@Bernie
Blu, you said you got an invite. Did you take the One?
I can't remember your previously stated trim position.
I'm holding out for the Ultra with these Optional Packages...
1) Winter Package
2) Exterior Paint (Blue Planet)
3) Interior Upholstery (Sea Salt)
4) ADAS Drivers Package (if reasonably priced)
5) 20" Wheels if offered (Silver) or standard 19" wheels
6) Accessories (Carpet floor mats, Car Cover & Roadside Kit) $695 US

P.S. $5,000 Canadians Federal EV rebate for Ultra/Sport

Reactions: Baker
1 - 13 of 13 Posts