Fisker Ocean Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill, This Will Be an Amazing Vehicle

6K views 66 replies 18 participants last post by  Baker 
#1 ·
Has any new, radically different vehicle ever been delivered on time, with all the specs accurate, software finalized, and pricing accurate? This must be such a HUGE and challenging endeavor. As an Ocean One buyer, we bought into the vision, the designer, the manufacturer, and the experience. Let's let this experience be part of the expectation. I for one, believe it will happen, expectations will be exceeded and we will have a really cool, unique, vehicle to rip around the countryside with all eyes focused in envy. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience I'm really part of. Hoo Haa!!

#7 ·
As an Ocean One buyer, we bought into
1) the vision,
2) the designer,
3) the manufacturer, (Magna Inc) and
4) the experience.
A breath of FRESH air.

@HotIce
Imho,
every new Oceanforum member should memorize and recite these four points every day

Reactions: FiskerDu and Baker
#10 ·
I didn't go for the designer and the experience. I went for a "ordinary" SUV with excellent range, new tech and V2H.
Not everyone is a fan of HF designs (he sure has few manufactured vehicles to his name for all the accolade he gets). I much more prefer Thomas Ingenlaths design (Skoda, Volvo, Polestar), but this is just personal taste.

There is very little difference between Polestar and Fisker. Both run by a designer and contract manufactured by experienced automakers and lot of tech-sharing with that manufacturer. There is also a sustainability focus in both companies, with wildly different approaches in how they are executed and communicated.

I somehow expected the Ocean experience to be somewhat equal to the Polestar 2 experience a couple of friends had. That is on me. I knew about the shenanigans of mr. and mrs.dr Fisker over the years (I considered buying stock last spring and did some research), but I expected the SPAC-holders to keep a tight leash on the execution.
But here we are, with supply chain issues we were told time and time again Fisker was on top of, and a homologation process dragging out +4 months after SOP and Fisker blaming government half the time and the annonuced-a-long-time-ago increased cybersecurity regulations and safety systems requirements. This ruins the experience for a lot of people, and is exacerbated by Fisker keeping the specs and features hidden four months after SOP.

#15 ·
I've always loved the design of the Z8 as well as the DB9, which by default makes me a HF fan. The Ocean has three attributes I want, style, performance and range. I'd rather drive the car than have it drive me so some of the nanny features that may or may not be there are not that important. With Magna's involvement the initial quality should be decent, but everyone should expect some hiccup's and really if you are buying any new from scratch first run vehicle there will be issues. I'm not likely to see an Ocean before mid 2024 so all of the early, early adopters should shake out all the (issues). I could be wrong, but I think the Ocean is more likely to be a massive hit than a dud, but we shall see.

This post has been deleted
#60 ·
Guys,
I get it, some of you like to smell the roses coming outta Fisker.... when its just dandelions.
Others see the roses and say it smells like $hit...

and theres people like me in between flip flopping, like the Ocean but don't like the way Henrik doing things, saying one thing coming up with vague statements etc etc...

... but recently i have started to see too much fighting from both sides. May be given that there is little news we fighting each other. It was amusing but no longer. May be we all relax until the next set of news comes up in End of March..?

Boths sides do have valid arguments.. if you feel one is a troll then just ignore them... no doubt HF will come up with another issue that'll drive me nuts.. but that's on me.. lifes too short to be angry at people we don't know. Being keyboard warriors allows us to make comments we would not usually make or against our own personality and im guilty as most, but the forums are supposed to be fun, sure lets debate but not get personal and get the spirit back again.

I could just create a HF/Fisker Bitchfest thread.. but then i'd be in an echo chamber.. and what i like is contrary views as it allows me to shift my position on things to somthing that is better.

#61 · (Edited)
Guys,
I get it, some of you like to smell the roses coming outta Fisker.... when its just dandelions.
Others see the roses and say it smells like $hit...

and theres people like me in between flip flopping, like the Ocean but don't like the way Henrik doing things, saying one thing coming up with vague statements etc etc...

... but recently i have started to see too much fighting from both sides. May be given that there is little news we fighting each other. It was amusing but no longer. May be we all relax until the next set of news comes up in End of March..?

Boths sides do have valid arguments.. if you feel one is a troll then just ignore them... no doubt HF will come up with another issue that'll drive me nuts.. but that's on me.. lifes too short to be angry at people we don't know. Being keyboard warriors allows us to make comments we would not usually make or against our own personality and im guilty as most, but the forums are supposed to be fun, sure lets debate but not get personal and get the spirit back again.

I could just create a HF/Fisker Bitchfest thread.. but then i'd be in an echo chamber.. and what i like is contrary views as it allows me to shift my position on things to somthing that is better.
A lot of people here have put down the 5K.
That represents an absolute.
When the known trolls chime in, especially with debunked or exceedingly irattional speculation, is a direct insult to the final decision of all.
We all know what discussions about concerns looks like.
There is no ability to block a person and in some instances (as we know) an eronious statement not responded to can lead others to view that as concession.
I would suggest everyone in this forum to remember those who have put in for the final purchase and show a bit more defferance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.