Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The Ocean One and Extreme have a Key Fob... but the Sport and ULTRA Trims only have App as Key...
Does that mean that I must have my Phone to Operate the Vehicle? If Phone is broken, stolen, Lost or just not in Pocket/Purse, the Vehicle cannot be used? (as there is no Fob for Sport and Ultra Trims)
Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,
The Ocean One and Extreme have a Key Fob... but the Sport and ULTRA Trims only have App as Key...
Does that mean that I must have my Phone to Operate the Vehicle? If Phone is broken, stolen, Lost or just not in Pocket/Purse, the Vehicle cannot be used? (as there is no Fob for Sport and Ultra Trims)
Thanks.

I got this reply with Chat Agent... so all good.
All of our vehicles will come with a key fob as well as access to the phone key.
Fisker Rådgiver Valeria

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Thank you for the clarification! It's things like this that I wish Fisker would just clarify. This launch has been a tad sloppy on Fiskers part. I wish they'd just tell us what is and is not standard on each trim level and stop with the 'Other manufactures are going to copy us' attitude. Other manufacturers are going to copy you anyway if your product is good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thank you for the clarification! It's things like this that I wish Fisker would just clarify. This launch has been a tad sloppy on Fiskers part. I wish they'd just tell us what is and is not standard on each trim level and stop with the 'Other manufactures are going to copy us' attitude. Other manufacturers are going to copy you anyway if your product is good.
Even upon a direct question, they still will not confirm/deny that the radio is Sirius-compatible…and that’s been around for 30 years!

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme
518 Posts
This info is in the two press releases. I made a chart showing all the known options per trim level.

·
Registered
198 Posts
No key card. A key fob and a phone app for all Ocean trims.
I understand your point, but assuming actually two key fobs as with most vehicles? Neither my wife nor myself are inclined to play with a phone for each trip. Right now, our fobs are in our pockets or purse and the car recognizes them and unlocks at a touch of the door handle. Looking for the same convenience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand your point, but assuming actually two key fobs as with most vehicles? Neither my wife nor myself are inclined to play with a phone for each trip. Right now, our fobs are in our pockets or purse and the car recognizes them and unlocks at a touch of the door handle. Looking for the same convenience.
ABSOLUTELY what I am looking for too... My Inexpensive Prius and Ford C-Max does exactly that, and I am happy with that!

I do love the FORD's ability to open the hatch with a wave of my foot though... Fisker Ocean must COPY that feature! HaHa!!

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme
518 Posts
From the press releases, only one key fob will be provided with the car.

For my Tesla, I have all of the access methods: key card, phone key, key fob and smart ring. The phone key works just like the key fob, you keep it in your pocket and both work via Bluetooth. I'm sure the Fisker will be the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

For my Tesla, I have all of the access methods: key card, phone key, key fob and smart ring. The phone key works just like the key fob, you keep it in your pocket and both work via Bluetooth. I'm sure the Fisker will be the same.
I just wanted the freedom to give the Fob to anyone, and they drive it. like a Valet dude! Key card or Fob works!

I do like my leg waving opening of my Ford C-Max Back Hatch though!... hope Fisker Ocean Copies that feature!
Thanks.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme
518 Posts
I just wanted the freedom to give the Fob to anyone, and they drive it. like a Valet dude! Key card or Fob works!

I do like my leg waving opening of my Ford C-Max Back Hatch though!... hope Fisker Ocean Copies that feature!
Thanks.
Well, then it's good that it comes with a key fob.

As far as we know, there will be no leg wagging rear hatch opening feature. My Volvo has it and I totally forget to use it every time.

·
Registered
198 Posts

My one and only phone is company-provided and I can't have another app sucking power with a Bluetooth connection all day long. The app will be off until needed for an emergency, etc. My wallet is RFID protected, so not sure how a card in my wallet works to unlock/turn on a car. This doesn't need re-invention....two keys (fobs) is an industry standard, also allowing for if one is lost, a replacement to be programmed from the first remaining.

I also use the leg kick motion under my BMW's rear bumper when approaching the car with full hands from shopping.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme
518 Posts
My phone lasts about a day and a half with blue tooth always on. I've never had an issue with the phone app. It's becoming common now for people to not carry wallets at all. Everything on the phone - even drivers licenses will be on it.

Luckily it's nice to have different options. However, I do see phone as a key and key cards becoming the industry standard soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Agreed … card and phone should do the trick. Fob is nice to pop trunk, start car etc too! Sure phone App can do that … but not card?

Like a phone, I would love a fingerprint sensor or a facial recognition feature if I lost phone/wallet etc!
Fisker, can you do it?

·
Registered
95 Posts

What the heck is a smart ring?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Smart ring?! Wow. As a guy who wears only one ring, that's pretty cool. It would be nice to have 2 fobs standard, but I'm sure they will be happy to sell you a second one @Sportstick ... They will probabaly need to get that neutral interior color first to even have the chance at your fob money though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Smart ring?! Wow. As a guy who wears only one ring, that's pretty cool. It would be nice to have 2 fobs standard, but I'm sure they will be happy to sell you a second one @Sportstick ... They will probabaly need to get that neutral interior color first to even have the chance at your fob money though.
Ha! That would certainly help! Along with confirming Sirius/XM capability. Still so much to know to reach a decision and it’s no better than 50/50 at this stage.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts