Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kicking around (trying to rationalize) the idea of upgrading my reservation from an Ultra to an Extreme. Of course, right off the bat, there is a $19k higher starting price for the Extreme versus the Ultra. Then, I would have to add the available options that I would want onto the starting price of the Extreme. These same options (costs) added to the Extreme, plus several more of the announced available options that I would have to add to the Ultra to make it the way I would want it, end up driving the actual acquisition cost of both vehicles higher by quite a significant amount.

So, this is my total cost estimate for an Extreme model with the optional estimated costs included: Base price = $69,000; upgraded 22" rims/wheels = $1,500 (can't stomach those standard black "aero" rims); paint color upgrade = $1,500 (don't want another white car); destination/freight charges = $1,200; state/local sales taxes and sundry fees = $2,400. That would give me an estimated total acquisition cost for an Ocean Extreme @ $75,600 +/-

Now, without going through a total cost breakdown on the Ultra model and associated options I would likely get on it, that model would come in at around $59,000 +/- estimated total acquisition cost. That nets out to be a $16,600 estimated cost difference between the two Ocean models. And yes, I'm quite aware of all the additional standard things that the Extreme includes versus the Ultra. The Ultra would actually be more costly in some respects because I would have to add more options (cost) to the Ultra model to get it the way I would want it to be equipped. On the other hand, the Extreme has several included features that I could certainly live without (kool as they may be :cool:) like solar roof, limo mode, park my car, fetch my car, watching movies and playing games while not moving, etc. May not be exactly correct on some of those unneeded features; but, you get my point.

So, which way to go?馃 Does anybody see obvious flaws in my Extreme cost estimate logic? Anything I've left out? Anything I've incorrectly included? I'm guessing that I need to decide which direction to go in before July 1st.? Sure would like to know where my 02/18/2022 reservation would actually end up falling within the upcoming production plan by model scenario. It's shaping up to be quite a riddle to solve!o_O

Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
I'm kicking around (trying to rationalize) the idea of upgrading my reservation from an Ultra to an Extreme. Of course, right off the bat, there is a $19k higher starting price for the Extreme versus the Ultra. Then, I would have to add the available options that I would want onto the starting price of the Extreme. These same options (costs) added to the Extreme, plus several more of the announced available options that I would have to add to the Ultra to make it the way I would want it, end up driving the actual acquisition cost of both vehicles higher by quite a significant amount.

So, this is my total cost estimate for an Extreme model with the optional estimated costs included: Base price = $69,000; upgraded 22" rims/wheels = $1,500 (can't stomach those standard black "aero" rims); paint color upgrade = $1,500 (don't want another white car); destination/freight charges = $1,200; state/local sales taxes and sundry fees = $2,400. That would give me an estimated total acquisition cost for an Ocean Extreme @ $75,600 +/-

Now, without going through a total cost breakdown on the Ultra model and associated options I would likely get on it, that model would come in at around $59,000 +/- estimated total acquisition cost. That nets out to be a $16,600 estimated cost difference between the two Ocean models. And yes, I'm quite aware of all the additional standard things that the Extreme includes versus the Ultra. The Ultra would actually be more costly in some respects because I would have to add more options (cost) to the Ultra model to get it the way I would want it to be equipped. On the other hand, the Extreme has several included features that I could certainly live without (kool as they may be :cool:) like solar roof, limo mode, park my car, fetch my car, watching movies and playing games while not moving, etc. May not be exactly correct on some of those unneeded features; but, you get my point.

So, which way to go?馃 Does anybody see obvious flaws in my Extreme cost estimate logic? Anything I've left out? Anything I've incorrectly included? I'm guessing that I need to decide which direction to go in before July 1st.? Sure would like to know where my 02/18/2022 reservation would actually end up falling within the upcoming production plan by model scenario. It's shaping up to be quite a riddle to solve!o_O
Yes, it's hard to make a choice at this point if you are on the edge. We really need to know what option packages will be available and the prices.

Personally, I want to max out the car since my current car already has so many features I don't want to downgrade.

Registered
I did this same calculation and honestly, I'm NOT going to be getting the ONE even though I'm in the first 400+/- reservations. The Chevrolet Blazer SS EV will be arriving around the same time as the ULTRA, which I originally wanted, and I'm going to be waiting to see what features and options will be already coming as standard items on it before I commit to the OCEAN. I can't say I'm not disappointed in how things are going with the reservations, pre-orders, etc. I get that there are (4) trim levels now and they need to make the highest trims first. It's just that I didn't expect to get pushed to either buy a $70,000+ vehicle when I made a reservation based on the $37,000+ idea in November 2019. I mean there could be anywhere from 5,000 to 39,999 jumping past me in line at this point depending on who is willing to pony up the money. Also, I want to see some more accurate option configuration tools to know what we're really going to be spending.

Reactions: epski

Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's hard to make a choice at this point if you are on the edge. We really need to know what option packages will be available and the prices.

Personally, I want to max out the car since my current car already has so many features I don't want to downgrade.
Thanks for your feedback MTN Ranger. I can certainly understand your rational on your car choice. Hopefully we will get the pricing on the options and packages in enough time to prevent having to make any snap decisions.

Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did this same calculation and honestly, I'm NOT going to be getting the ONE even though I'm in the first 400+/- reservations. The Chevrolet Blazer SS EV will be arriving around the same time as the ULTRA, which I originally wanted, and I'm going to be waiting to see what features and options will be already coming as standard items on it before I commit to the OCEAN. I can't say I'm not disappointed in how things are going with the reservations, pre-orders, etc. I get that there are (4) trim levels now and they need to make the highest trims first. It's just that I didn't expect to get pushed to either buy a $70,000+ vehicle when I made a reservation based on the $37,000+ idea in November 2019. I mean there could be anywhere from 5,000 to 39,999 jumping past me in line at this point depending on who is willing to pony up the money. Also, I want to see some more accurate option configuration tools to know what we're really going to be spending.
I hear you brother! I started to call my post about this cost estimate comparison "What Ever Happened to My $50,000 Ocean?" But, I decided to not go down that road. 馃 Now my original preferred price point of around $55k could be morphing into a $75k price point! It's going to be a tough call as to whether or not I want to spend an extra $20,000 on this car. Same as you are thinking, my best alternative to the Ocean right now would be the Blazer SS EV, or, maybe even an Equinox RS if they had an upscale version available. I also agree with you that the Chevrolet EV offerings should be coming available around the same time next year as we might be expecting the Ocean Ultra to arrive. So, guess we'll just have to stay tuned and see how things develop.

Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
I'm with you. There are certain things I don't HAVE to have (although I'd definitely want Park My Car). I'd probably almost never use the rotating screen because the vast majority of my charging would be done at home. I'll be interested in what features standard on the Extreme will be available as options on the Ultra.

Registered
Well I will assume if they are trying to open order banks in July for the Ocean One we might get to see what those options and pricings may be at that time. Unless it will be an invitation only for reservation holders wanting to order the One. NOnetheless order banks I think will open in September or October for everyone else for Ultra and EXtreme models.

Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm with you. There are certain things I don't HAVE to have (although I'd definitely want Park My Car). I'd probably almost never use the rotating screen because the vast majority of my charging would be done at home. I'll be interested in what features standard on the Extreme will be optional on the Ultra.
Yeah, that's a good question isn't it "I'll be interested in what features standard on the Extreme will be optional on the Ultra." I think that I was figuring around $6k of options cost that I would need to add to an Ultra to get it configured to where I would want it to be.

Registered
I'm sticking with the ultra worst case it's delivered at the end of summer instead of beginning of summer. Fiskers most popular customer will be the ultra over time. The way I figured it I was about 30 k in line so I'm sure 5k will cancel so at 5k production per month that's puts production of the ultra around may and delivery around July. Am I thinking about it incorrectly?

Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sticking with the ultra worst case it's delivered at the end of summer instead of beginning of summer. Fiskers most popular customer will be the ultra over time. The way I figured it I was about 30 k in line so I'm sure 5k will cancel so at 5k production per month that's puts production of the ultra around may and delivery around July. Am I thinking about it incorrectly?
Well, the guessing games continue so, who knows? I just read this Motley Fool article on Yahoo Finance Why Fisker Shares Popped Today (yahoo.com) and there was a statement in there that seemed to say that Fisker thought most or all of their production capacity for 2023 would be sold out by the "two premium" (One and Extreme) models. So, if that's correct, your guess is as good as mine relative to where that leaves the Ultra in the production schedule?

Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
Well, the guessing games continue so, who knows? I just read this Motley Fool article on Yahoo Finance Why Fisker Shares Popped Today (yahoo.com) and there was a statement in there that seemed to say that Fisker thought most or all of their production capacity for 2023 would be sold out by the "two premium" (One and Extreme) models. So, if that's correct, your guess is as good as mine relative to where that leaves the Ultra in the production schedule?
I also saw that article earlier. Here's a quote for everyone else- "Fisker says it believes that "many" of the reservation holders plan to buy one of the top two premium models, both priced at $68,999. If even half of the 40,000 vehicles are bought at that price, that alone will mean revenue of nearly $1.4 billion.
Fisker expects its capacity to be sold out for the two premium models through most of 2023, and it anticipates beginning meaningful production volumes of the other models in 2024
."

Registered
If that's the case I believe they would have thousands of cancellations with people going elsewhere to spend their 55 k . One and extreme buyers will dry up very fast
You never know. The Extreme is priced the same as a Model Y (if you included the tax credit) and Tesla can't make enough of them. However, like everyone else says, the Ultra will be the volume trim. I guess we will see, if the Extreme orders run dry in mid 2023, then they will make the Ultra and then Sport. Fisker has a lot of options.

They are following the same plan as all the other EV manufacturers - make the most expensive version first. Some reservation holders will be fickle and leave. You can't always focus on the lowest common denominator. A lot of Model 3 reservation holders were upset about the $35k version not appearing until way after the initial release. Even then it was only on sale for a short time before being discontinued. And yet over a million Model 3s have sold.

Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
If that's the case I believe they would have thousands of cancellations with people going elsewhere to spend their 55 k . One and extreme buyers will dry up very fast
Yes I agree with you and I will be the first. I reserved to get a slot in the production schedule (I am about 19,000 in the queue). For now 43% of the 40,000 are One/Extreme it will mean they need to get 130,000 reservations (considering 10% cancellation) to produce only One/Extreme all year 2023 long! It's a lot!!

Registered
I think production will start mainly with the One's. Then mix in the extremes. As they building those mainly they will.build small batches of the others. Ultra and sports. My guess is the production que will look like this for 10 vehicles. 4 ones, 4 extreme, this could be just 2 ultra at first then switch to 1 and 1. Well this will be a hint. Vehicles that get delivered are not solely the more expensive ones. I think it is more luck of the production que draw.

Registered
I think production will start mainly with the One's. Then mix in the extremes. As they building those mainly they will.build small batches of the others. Ultra and sports. My guess is the production que will look like this for 10 vehicles. 4 ones, 4 extreme, this could be just 2 ultra at first then switch to 1 and 1. Well this will be a hint. Vehicles that get delivered are not solely the more expensive ones. I think it is more luck of the production que draw.
Here is the press release from last week. It spells out how they are producing it. 5000 of the One, then the Ultra. The timing of the Ultra starting production is dependent on how many Extreme orders they get by during the year. Sport possibly in late 2023.

"After the limited Fisker Ocean One production run concludes, Fisker will prioritize and manufacture all Fisker Ocean Extreme orders, with any additional capacity being then allocated to Fisker Ocean Ultra SUV and Fisker Ocean Sport SUV. Given the high degree of interest in the Fisker Ocean SUV premium models, it is likely that Fisker Ocean Sport production will not commence until late 2023, initially at modest volumes, with higher volumes expected in 2024."

Registered
I get 5k production Ones but they will not be built all in a single month. They will build ones extreme and ultra I think to have a variety ready to ship when needed. Or to stock up on the ultras while delivering ones and extremes

Registered
Just to throw this out there.......and I know they are not the same vehicles in terms of HP / performance, but I'm merely talking about standard features when I bring this up.....I was checking out some of the Chevy dealers yesterday to get some size comparisons on the current Blazer and Equinox vehicles for a general idea of whether or not I would need to exclude one or not. I noticed in the back of the lot that there were (2) BOLT EUVs.......I know, I know. But wait.

One of them seemed to be pretty loaded and it was only $39,xxx. The other was even more loaded and it was $41,xxx. I decided to look them up and build one out to the max.......that only come to $43,190 with the destination charge.

That includes the Super Cruise package and the Sun and Sound package.

Standard features were suprising....

Front and rear heated seats, adaptive cruise control, all of the lane departure, lane keep, etc. features, regenerative braking and the list goes on.....

I know the OCEAN is different in a lot of ways, but it's going to be a harder sell in 6 months to a year when you can get a maxed out BOLT today that's more featured than the lowest trim for only a few thousand more......take away the Super Cruise and they are the same price essentially.

Just some thoughts while I'm impatiently waiting for more specs and pricing information to be released on few possibles.

Reactions: UltraVol

Registered
I get 5k production Ones but they will not be built all in a single month. They will build ones extreme and ultra I think to have a variety ready to ship when needed. Or to stock up on the ultras while delivering ones and extremes
I think that they are going to get an idea of how many Extremes they will need after the initial One run and they are going to start assembly sometime in August to have the first shipment of Ones ready to deliver shortly after official SOP.

They might surprise everyone and be ready to do something with the Ultra sooner that way, but I also think they will need the $$$$$ from the first 5000-10000 to keep everything moving down the line.

Who knows honestly.......when they are built, they are built.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts