Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has given any thought or has seen any info pertaining how Fisker intends on delivering Oceans to folks in states where direct to consumer sales are forbidden?. Living in NC, I unfortunately fall into one of said states. Not only are sales forbidden but also related servicing.

Looking at other new EV companies., Rivian as an example, will likely be requiring customers to pick up from a nearby state for the purchase, and mobile for service.

I think that the saving grace, at least from a service perspective, is that Fisker would likely be partnering with Bridgestone/Firestone for service. Given that Bridgestone is an independent company that would just happen to also specialize in servicing Fiskers, they should be in the clear...

The still leaves the delivery orders/purchases... while not a deal breaker, would stink to have to head out of state to pick up/purchase your car.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
I'm also in NC and the current law has Tesla specified for six direct sale and service locations. Other companies will have to get a law passed individually. It's awful that the dealership associations have many states locked down. One thing Tesla did in some states that they couldn't get direct sales is to set up service center/showrooms on Native American land to bypass state laws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts