Fisker Ocean Forum banner

Do you/Have you own/owned an electric car?

• Yes

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 41.3%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, two Volkswagen ID.4s (1st Edition and Pro/S, see the pattern?). They were my first EVs and I now have no ICE vehicles for over a year now.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Will be my first EV. I wish I could say it's to save the environment, but I think factor #1 is saving money on fuel. I do around 15k miles for work each year, and gas isn't America-cheap up here. I rarely do more than 100 miles in a day though. We need a new family car, so why not spend a little more to save a little more, and do good for the planet along the way. Plus the performance!

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
802 Posts
Will be my first EV. I wish I could say it's to save the environment, but I think factor #1 is saving money on fuel. I do around 15k miles for work each year, and gas isn't America-cheap up here. I rarely do more than 100 miles in a day though. We need a new family car, so why not spend a little more to save a little more, and do good for the planet along the way. Plus the performance!
I drove 180 miles yesterday in my Model 3. It cost $4.30 in electricity. You gotta love EVs.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
859 Posts
100% EV/solar family. Model 3 and VW ID.4.

Solar at home/free DCFC for both cars; love my cost/mile.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Are you available down here to address congress?

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 63,000+
1,336 Posts
@Bernie
Will be my first EV. I wish I could say it's to save the environment, but I think factor #1 is saving money on fuel. I do around 15k miles for work each year, and gas isn't America-cheap up here.
Expects to save around $500 Canadian Dollars a month on fuel.
You're monthly Home Charging electricity will not exceed $100.00!

·
Registered
99 Posts
We have owned a TM3 since June 2018, we drive a minimum of 250km a day, sometimes closer to 400km. We are close to 250,000km on the car. We were paying around $600/month in gas at 2018 prices. Conservatively speaking we have saved $20K in gas over the 4 years +. We have no intention of ever buying an ICE vehicle again. Now looking for an EV to replace our 2014 Dodge Journey, that currently sits in my driveway waiting for a faulty starter to be replaced :( (hence the Ocean reservation).

·
Registered
Ocean Extreme
259 Posts
Never owned an EV, but the Ocean just seems to tick the box for price, size, style, and stats. Currently don't need a new car, but since we got a hybrid van recently, the itch to reduce our gas footprint has been growing. My outback is very servicable car, but after 9 years, and seeing the Ocean (at least the paper specs), I'm really interested in taking the plunge.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
384 Posts
Well some will disagree that having a backup gas generator in the car makes it not an EV, but I drive about 95% of the time fully on batteries so to me, I’m in the club 🆒

2 BMW i3’s, and currently my ELR, so the Ocean will be number 4 and fully electron sucking. At 350 mile range I can’t see ever needing anywhere close to that except for when I have to fly or train it to the delivery center and drive that sucker back to Portland. And the first time I will have to seek out a recharge station ⚡. At least right off the bat I will get a handle on true range….. Hopefully it will be sunny as hell and I’ll get a few fred Solar Sky miles 🌝

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well some will disagree that having a backup gas generator in the car makes it not an EV, but I drive about 95% of the time fully on batteries so to me, I’m in the club 🆒

2 BMW i3’s, and currently my ELR, so the Ocean will be number 4 and fully electron sucking. At 350 mile range I can’t see ever needing anywhere close to that except for when I have to fly or train it to the delivery center and drive that sucker back to Portland. And the first time I will have to seek out a recharge station ⚡. At least right off the bat I will get a handle on true range….. Hopefully it will be sunny as hell and I’ll get a few fred Solar Sky miles 🌝
I'm expecting range of about 310 real world.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am new here...first post, and yes I am a previous EV Owner. It was a 2019 Hyundai Kona SEL EV, and if you were to guess that it was affected by "Recall 200" you would be right! The car stopped working in March 2021 due to the main traction battery failure. Six months later I sold my car back to Hyundai for $4K more than I paid for it (including the EV tax credit - so I made $10.5K on the deal) and bought a Toyota RAV4 Prime SE for my wife in December 2021 (a compromise hybrid/EV).

I am dipping my toes in the "Ocean" here, and have a reservation for that vehicle, and also for a PEAR. I will say this - the Kona checked every box for me and was the best car I ever purchased...right up until it stopped working. I am now deciding whether to turn my Ocean reservation into an order, or wait to see how the PEAR turns out. I think I can afford more "PEAR" and options on it if I wait, but the question is how well Foxconn can transition to making good cars.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts