Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing some of the EV news and came across Dodge's 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona. I know it is a concept and beyond that, not a lot of specifics, but I really do like the design. It reminds me of a 68 Charger. Definitely not for everyone and the external speaker blasting engine noises is a bit much. As someone who restored and owns a 69 Barracuda, I do have a small space in my heart for Mopar muscle. It will be interesting to see what the final product looks like.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was browsing some of the EV news and came across Dodge's 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona. I know it is a concept and beyond that, not a lot of specifics, but I really do like the design. It reminds me of a 68 Charger. Definitely not for everyone and the external speaker blasting engine noises is a bit much. As someone who restored and owns a 69 Barracuda, I do have a small space in my heart for Mopar muscle. It will be interesting to see what the final product looks like.
I have to admit that the last shot of it smoking all 4 wheels with the statement "performance made us do it" gave me a bit of chills. This thing is gunna be nuts.

An interesting point, I think: That port at the back is described as a resonating chamber that magnifies the electric motor noise to 126 decibels. It is not exactly a speaker and I think all the more cooler for it. I also like that it is highlighted by a logo that is part of their heritage.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Please take off the exhaust. I was looking forward to a future without loud exhausts waking kids up in the future.
Especially when the car doesn't need it and it's only there to be obnoxious.
I know it’s hard to believe, but they don’t give me that kind of executive control over at Dodge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know it’s hard to believe, but they don’t give me that kind of executive control over at Dodge.
LOL, not a request for you, just in general. Most true enthusiasts want the true V8 noise not some fake noise that's been amplified.
Seeing this article yesterday on my newsfeed pissed me off.

The car may be a great design, but they really need to stop pushing more noise = more power.

·
Registered
474 Posts
LOL, not a request for you, just in general. Most true enthusiasts want the true V8 noise not some fake noise that's been amplified.
Seeing this article yesterday on my newsfeed pissed me off.

The car may be a great design, but they really need to stop pushing more noise = more power.
I know - I was just kidding :p . I would agree it seems gratuitous but remember the market for this car. Engine noises that evoke emotion are important to that demographic. Part of me thinks it might be pretty cool if done right but I would have to experience it to be sure. The name banshee evokes the idea of a banshee wail - this thing is not going to sound like a fake muscle car - it will have a unique "muscle electric" noise. It will also probably not produce that amount of noise unless in a specific mode and you have it floored, etc. Many ICE vehicles have extremely loud exhaust notes. I don't think they should be advertising the decibel level though like the higher number the better - that indeed does sound obnoxious. That just sparks too many questions like, how loud is it inside the car? Will you deafen people on the street?, etc etc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Exhaust" sound aside, I do think that the both the exterior and interior design are well done. Now will this look anywhere close to the production version? I guess we will find out. I'd be really curious to hear more about range, power, etc. Are they going to use a 2 speed setup similar to Porsche? The "giddyup" button is a little gimmicky as well. If I want to pass a car, I should only have to push my right foot further down towards the floorboard. I'm really in the market for what the Ocean can provide in range, space, performance and towing capacity. However, if this car comes out anywhere close to the concept design and has some good specs, I could be convinced. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts