Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as the the EV9 is set to come out in 2023 with the starting price of $50k, does this give you a bit of a pause if your going after the Ocean Ultra that's $50k also? I bive the Extreme and the One edition is coming out first so the Ultra might be coming out the same time as the EV9. As much as I like the Ocean design and that extra 50miles of range over the EV9 I'm thinking that 3rd row of the EV9 might push me towards it. My only concern is we don't have much other details such as standard options that might push the price up including dealer markups. The next 2 years is going to be interesting with so much competition coming out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Possibly, or the Hyundai equivalent. Already considering Genesis GV70 EV. Some of this will be getting the right size interior/cargo space. Exterior design is low on my list. Can't see it when we're in it.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
61 Posts
I see the EV9 starting price of $50k similar to the EV6 starting price of $40k. At the base price, you are getting a single motor lower range model. The $50k EV9 will be more comparable to the Sport; a similar equipped (and range) to the Ultra will likely be in the mid $60k (before dealer markups).

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm considering the EV9 but I think the first AWD trim will push up towards $60k US. It's interesting though because it will have the 800V architecture for super fast charging, and it's got 3 rows of seating which only Tesla has so far (Vinfast coming soon too, right?). The Ocean is far more attractive though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see the EV9 starting price of $50k similar to the EV6 starting price of $40k. At the base price, you are getting a single motor lower range model. The $50k EV9 will be more comparable to the Sport; a similar equipped (and range) to the Ultra will likely be in the mid $60k (before dealer markups).
I think because it's a 3 row I think there is a chance a dual motor AWD might be standard but to your point I fear the dealer markup will be insane.

I guess we will see the closer we get

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
352 Posts
I think because it's a 3 row I think there is a chance a dual motor AWD might be standard but to your point I fear the dealer markup will be insane.

I guess we will see the closer we get
My local Kia dealer is charging $23,750 over MSRP for a EV6 GT-Line RWD. Yes, markups are insane.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, that's a crazy markup. I'm not sure what they look like in Toronto. I think the last time I looked the EV6 was at MSRP or maybe 1-2k more. It will be nice to not have to work through a dealership for once.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya where I'm at I see the EV6 makeup around 10k. But within a 150 mile radius they are are a few dealerships that's selling at MSRP. Obviously if I wanted a EV6 I would drive to wherever the dealer is that's selling it at MSRP. As nice as the EV6 is, I would go with the Ocean still it's that EV9 that's pulling me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
True, if they can get to deliveries. I like Rivian's design and function, I would have been an early reservation holder, but they are nearly $100k in Canada.
And they are big. I did the measurements and I can get a Rivian in my narrow garage, but I wouldn't have been able to open the doors. Truth.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Honestly, not a Musk fan, so never really gave the Cybertruck a thought. But, to be clear, my wife has her side of the garage that she wouldn't give up & the wall is just close enough on my side that I couldn't open a Rivian driver door. Wasn't signing up for wedging myself in and out for the life of a vehicle. The Ocean seems like the right size to me!

Reactions: littlebittyrose63

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
61 Posts
Seeing as the the EV9 is set to come out in 2023 with the starting price of $50k, does this give you a bit of a pause if your going after the Ocean Ultra that's $50k also? I bive the Extreme and the One edition is coming out first so the Ultra might be coming out the same time as the EV9. As much as I like the Ocean design and that extra 50miles of range over the EV9 I'm thinking that 3rd row of the EV9 might push me towards it. My only concern is we don't have much other details such as standard options that might push the price up including dealer markups. The next 2 years is going to be interesting with so much competition coming out.
What you see is a concept, this will not be the PRODUCTION version. I have confirmed it will have a B pillar like every car on the market, not a fully open cabin. I am sure it will look a lot different than the concept since it will start at $50k. Another point is the range UPTO 300 miles, I am sure the cheaper models will not have that.

Buy what you want, it is your money to get what fits for you.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
307 Posts
Keep in mind that what you are looking for now on EV9 is a prototype the final production version will look different. I am really not interested by the Kia EV9,

1 - 20 of 38 Posts