Fisker Ocean Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I becoming increasingly appalled and do wish Henrik would stop promoting dangerous practices for dogs (see his LinkedIn page today). Dogs should be restrained in a harness for their own sake and the sake of the people. In a 25mph crash, a 40lb dog will become a missile within the interior compartment with ~1000 lbs of force (F=MA). Who wants that for the dog when it hits a surface or for a person when the flying dog hits them in the head? Forget dog windows and provide a Fisker-branded dog safety harness or locked-down protective kennel to the rear floor that satisfies this group if he really cares about dogs and not just marketing to "pollyanna-ish" dog owners:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I becoming increasingly appalled and do wish Henrik would stop promoting dangerous practices for dogs (see his LinkedIn page today). Dogs should be restrained in a harness for their own sake and the sake of the people. In a 25mph crash, a 40lb dog will become a missile within the interior compartment with ~1000 lbs of force (F=MA). Who wants that for the dog when it hits a surface or for a person when the flying dog hits them in the head? Forget dog windows and provide a Fisker-branded dog safety harness or locked-down protective kennel to the rear floor that satisfies this group if he really cares about dogs and not just marketing to "pollyanna-ish" dog owners:

Woah. Take a step back from the forums my friend. It is a marketing photo. The car is not moving. Henrik is not personally promoting any unsafe behaviors. As a dog owner, I see that picture and understand the differences between marketing and reality.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woah. Take a step back from the forums my friend. It is a marketing photo. The car is not moving. Henrik is not personally promoting any unsafe behaviors. As a dog owner, I see that picture and understand the differences between marketing and reality.
Read his quote (" a whole pack in the back" - how does that work?) and consider the prior postings of dogs with heads hanging out windows:

Fisker Inc
Fisker Inc84,245 followers1d • 1 day ago

Fun fact: All dogs love the Ocean. And there is enough space for a whole pack in the back of your #FiskerOcean! Comment a 🐶 if you can’t wait to take your doggie on a trip with the #FiskerOceanOne!
#Fisker #FiskerOcean #EVs #CleanFutureForAll #ESG

I get the "marketing" too. Used to do it myself. He is "enabling" the behavior.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with @FutureSurfer. This is a marketing photo. I’m sure dog owners know that it’s just a way to grab their attention. I don’t see it as a post that has intent to do harm.
I appreciate your and FutureSurfer's sentiments but Henrik's words and some prior photography are to the contrary and consistent with an unfortunate message. How do you fit in a "whole pack" safely? Are they like luggage?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Read his quote (" a whole pack in the back" - how does that work?) and consider the prior postings of dogs with heads hanging out windows:

Fisker Inc
Fisker Inc84,245 followers1d • 1 day ago

Fun fact: All dogs love the Ocean. And there is enough space for a whole pack in the back of your #FiskerOcean! Comment a 🐶 if you can’t wait to take your doggie on a trip with the #FiskerOceanOne!
#Fisker #FiskerOcean #EVs #CleanFutureForAll #ESG

I get the "marketing" too. Used to do it myself. He is "enabling" the behavior.
I did see the post before you put this up in the forums and I did not even think twice about it. Let me help you get some perspective on this:
A) This account is probably managed by a "social media intern". Hence the clever rhyming phrase.
B) Fisker Inc. is trying to drive home that the back is spacious.
C) Fisker Inc. is trying to excite certain demographics. In this case, dog owners.
D) You think people need Fisker's input to enable bad behavior?

Look you seem really passionate about this. Not sure if this is coming from your overall view of Fisker or if you are an animal lover. If a dog owner cares about their dog and their safety, they do the right things. If they don't care, they already did and are doing the unsafe behaviors. I love my animals like family so I treat them as such. Responsible dog owners will not develop bad habits from this marketing photo.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did see the post before you put this up in the forums and I did not even think twice about it. Let me help you get some perspective on this:
A) This account is probably managed by a "social media intern". Hence the clever rhyming phrase.
B) Fisker Inc. is trying to drive home that the back is spacious.
C) Fisker Inc. is trying to excite certain demographics. In this case, dog owners.
D) You think people need Fisker's input to enable bad behavior?

Look you seem really passionate about this. Not sure if this is coming from your overall view of Fisker or if you are a animal lover. If a dog owner cares about their dog and their safety, they do the right things. If they don't care, they already did and are doing the unsafe behaviors. I love my animals like family so I treat them as such. Responsible dog owners will not develop bad habits from this marketing photo.
I again appreciate your sentiments and courteous approach. Given Henrik's involvement in social media, your answer A) may or may not be what happened, with or without his approval. B)If Fisker was trying to drive home that the back was spacious, he could have long ago given us the specs in cubic feet for cargo for comparison. To my knowledge, that is still one of the "state secrets". C) Dog owers who are as passionate about their dogs lives as getting a new car could get excited by cleverly designed attachments or integrations of harnesses/kennels. D) No, people don't "need" Fisker's input, but enablement comes in small doses from a variety of sources...dissolution of personal responsibility has long been demonstrated by social psychologists (smoke under the door experiment). The more people see others do the "wrong" thing or fail to take action, the more comfortable they are doing the same, so Fisker's promotion here is absolutely directionally incorrect. Group reinforcement can be a positive, or, as in this case, a negative. Yes, part of my OEM career was in vehicle safety so for people or pets, it is a passionate subject to keep living things living.

·
Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
190 Posts
I again appreciate your sentiments and courteous approach. Given Henrik's involvement in social media, your answer A) may or may not be what happened, with or without his approval. B)If Fisker was trying to drive home that the back was spacious, he could have long ago given us the specs in cubic feet for cargo for comparison. To my knowledge, that is still one of the "state secrets". C) Dog owers who are as passionate about their dogs lives as getting a new car could get excited by cleverly designed attachments or integrations of harnesses/kennels. D) No, people don't "need" Fisker's input, but enablement comes in small doses from a variety of sources...dissolution of personal responsibility has long been demonstrated by social psychologists (smoke under the door experiment). The more people see others do the "wrong" thing or fail to take action, the more comfortable they are doing the same, so Fisker's promotion here is absolutely directionally incorrect. Group reinforcement can be a positive, or, as in this case, a negative. Yes, part of my OEM career was in vehicle safety so for people or pets, it is a passionate subject to keep living things living.
Well alrighty then????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ah your background makes a lot of sense as to why you are so worked up over this. You make some great points about things like the integrations or add-ons that are dog related. My guess is that they do not have any of those things to boast about. But the photo is of a happy dog sitting in the back of an un-moving car. These photos were from a photo shoot that happened a long time ago. It's like a pile of stock photos they have to look through and come up with new things to post. I think they just missed the mark on this one, especially if you are reading into the message a bit too far (IMO).

·
Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
190 Posts
Ah your background makes a lot of sense as to why you are so worked up over this. You make some great points about things like the integrations or add-ons that are dog related. My guess is that they do not have any of those things to boast about. But the photo is of a happy dog sitting in the back of an un-moving car. These photos were from a photo shoot that happened a long time ago. It's like a pile of stock photos they have to look through and come up with new things to post. I think they just missed the mark on this one, especially if you are reading into the message a bit too far (IMO).
100% agree! It's just a photo :)

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
Not to mention, turtleneck? REALLY?
I know. That dog is such a Steve Jobs wannabe. He cannot pull it off, especially in green.

·
Registered
Referral Code JAXF3T
190 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.