Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
April 23rd. Unfortunately I live on the opposite end of the country. If you subscribe to Fiskerinc's email, you should have this in your inbox.
I just saw the email and we are in Delaware, but retired with lot's of travel points because we haven't traveled in close to 3 years. So I said to my wife let's go!.....The answer was maybe.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just saw the email and we are in Delaware, but retired with lot's of travel points because we haven't traveled in close to 3 years. So I said to my wife let's go!.....The answer was maybe.
I had a quick thought of going. I haven't been out west since the 80s. I'm not sure what city Henrik lives in, but hopefully he'll make an appearance. Please take photos if you do go.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We need someone close to please go. :)
The more eyes and hands we get on the Ocean, the better for us all.
As Fisker is a different type of auto company, and we can't just waltz over to a dealer and see one, the more intel we get the better.
Pictures, Pictures, Intelligence Reports, all needed

Please 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 Please Please😃

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
59 Posts
We are in L.A. and convinced my wife to go up for the day and registered for the event. I have seen Henrik at the L.A. Auto Show on multiple occasions (last year for the Ocean and back when he was promoting the Karma) so would not be surprised if he does show up. From the email - "Fisker Ocean Reservation holders: talk to our Fisker team members for special access to the Fisker Ocean on display at the show" so will make sure to get the special access.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We are in L.A. and convinced my wife to go up for the day and registered for the event. I have seen Henrik at the L.A. Auto Show on multiple occasions (last year for the Ocean and back when he was promoting the Karma) so would not be surprised if he does show up. From the email - "Fisker Ocean Reservation holders: talk to our Fisker team members for special access to the Fisker Ocean on display at the show" so will make sure to get the special access.
AWESOME!
Looking forward to your intelligence report 🕵️‍♂️

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@TT97
Fisker Ocean Reservation holders: talk to our Fisker team members for special access to the Fisker Ocean on display
All Fisker Reservation Holders: destination Santa Barbara!
wish I was within driving distance!

Reactions: kxo7000

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ask many questions, take many pictures. and let us know how it goes...please.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
I’m in San Francisco and debating if I should make the trek there to see the Ocean in person now or wait until the Experience center opens in LA. I have 2 toddlers in tow.
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!
5 hr 15 min to Santa Barbara
One hour longer to L.A.

Ecoregion Map Product World Font
Ecoregion Map Product World Font

·
Registered
15 Posts
A couple of my questions answered (although I'm not sure how knowledgeable the staff was). Keep in mind that this is still a prototype of the One.
  • Ground clearance measured with tape measure appears to be around 8in. for the One, however, this being a prototype I am not sure how accurate that is.
  • Lift gate and the (tiny) dog windows can be opened is the Sports version (just not all at once)
  • The panoramic top is gorgeous - there is no roll bar like in the Bz4x. I would have loved to see an internal pull-out cover for it but I guess an after-market ceramic film could be a compromise.
  • Front seats are amazingly comfortable. They almost feel like air cushioned and have great lumbar and neck support. The blue interior is like suede, medium blue, very nice. I was unable to sit in the back, but it seems pretty roomy.
  • The dashboard display is pretty small and smack dab behind the wheel for me. I would have a hard time seeing it in this position. I was unable to adjust the steering wheel in this prototype, but this is definitely something I need to check out.
  • The trunk is a good size. I couldn't put the seats down, but there appears to be plenty of space at least for my purposes. The ability to lower the lift gate is a huge plus for transporting something like wood planks. I have never understood why these aren't used in more SUVs.
  • The car has a beefy and large appearance overall, very sporty. The matte paint looks nice, but the staff had a hard time polishing it. I would not want to own one, living close to the freeway. Total dust magnet. Definitely not for OCD types.
  • The 22" Bridgestone tires are very large. I think I would be happier with the 20" and get better ride ride quality, but that's just me.
  • I was surprised that the front felt a little tight (I am 5.7, 150 lbs). It's not that I didn't have enough room; I just felt it was smaller than anticipated considering how big the car appears on the outside. Large, heavy drivers may feel a bit claustrophobic. Plenty of headspace for me.
  • I was told that i would be able to upgrade the Sport to a different interior than black, but again, i did not get the impression that the ladies at the event were necessarily "in the know"....
All in all, a very impressive car that did not disappoint.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Car seat cover
Vehicle Car Car seat cover Motor vehicle Automotive design
Mirror Photograph White Automotive side-view mirror Light
Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Automotive design
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Volt
48 Posts
@sbmica, thanks so much for taking the time to record your impressions and post some great pictures that I have not seen before. I have to agree the panoramic sunroof is awesome. I'm gonna love it.

Can anyone tell me if that is the sea salt interior? It looks blue and grey not white to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts