Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like it was all set for production, then vanished without a trace. Does anyone know the story? From what I've read of Fisker's future plans, it doesn't seem to include the EMotion. I have to admit that while I like most of the car, I find the front rather odd looking.

Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
It seems like it was all set for production, then vanished without a trace. Does anyone know the story? From what I've read of Fisker's future plans, it doesn't seem to include the EMotion. I have to admit that while I like most of the car, I find the front rather odd looking.
Yeah, I agree the front end looks a bit odd. You know, I don't think the hood on the EMotion opens either! 馃槑

Registered
In my opinion I think it will still happen. It is just a matter of when. I think he figured instead of pulling a small limited crowd with a 130k vehicle which is what he did on the Karma. He needed an income stream from the masses to come ahead of it all. While most places do choose to release the most expensive car for the top 1%ers to build that higher income threshold to help with the financial demands it takes for the entire development process of building a vehicle. He learned start with a product that will be for the bulk of the population that is reachable to everyone. Once that is done and the income stream and balance sheets are on the positive side of things then low and behold the Fisker SuperCar will come back.

I remember reading articles on the EMotion and it looks like a great futuristic vehicle and people were in love with it and it was originally to be built a few years ago but then the Ocean concept came out and he mentioned he put the other car on the back burner for now and all focus went to the Ocean.

Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my opinion I think it will still happen. It is just a matter of when. I think he figured instead of pulling a small limited crowd with a 130k vehicle which is what he did on the Karma. He needed an income stream from the masses to come ahead of it all. While most places do choose to release the most expensive car for the top 1%ers to build that higher income threshold to help with the financial demands it takes for the entire development process of building a vehicle. He learned start with a product that will be for the bulk of the population that is reachable to everyone. Once that is done and the income stream and balance sheets are on the positive side of things then low and behold the Fisker SuperCar will come back.

I remember reading articles on the EMotion and it looks like a great futuristic vehicle and people were in love with it and it was originally to be built a few years ago but then the Ocean concept came out and he mentioned he put the other car on the back burner for now and all focus went to the Ocean.
Yes, Henrik has actually said that there are loads of electric cars that are very expensive, so he wanted to compete in a different area (although there seem to be plenty of lower priced EVs also, but not many that are terribly good to look at, and even the ones that are aren't in the Ocean's class, IMO).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts