Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 21 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extreme will start production first along side ONE, the Ultra & Sport will start production end of Q3 next year

This is going to be a painfully long wait. 馃槩 This is OVER a year from now.

Registered
I am ok with that as give me more time to consider different options and able to pay my current car off a little more. Also I will probably have to do the Flexee Lease which does not start til end of 2023 anyways.

Registered
Yeah, what's another $20,000+? Oh yeah, a lot of us are looking towards EVs to save some money.
Haha my sentiments exactly. $26,000 more for us Canadians. No big deal, that's just a half decent used car.

I'm holding out hope that they won't have the interest to fill production lines with the Extreme trim through Q2. I am a realist and I feel like I can clearly see both sides of the debate.
1. Ocean Extreme vs everything else in its price range IS a comparable or better value (subjective). And people know if they want it earlier they can order the Extreme. It comes with lots of (subjectively) cool features.
2. The Ultra and Sport are priced within reach of more people, and will make up the bulk of the orders. The Ultra, in it's price range, is probabaly the best value of range, performance, and tech, with a great design asthetic. Again, a subjective statement based on how you weight the factors.

We shall see what the orders look like through the first half of 2023. If they are up to 100,000 total reservations and 40% are Extreme/One, then that could take them to the end of Q3 to build.

It depends how they decide to handle this price lock situation too. Reservation holder order vs. completed orders. Perhaps when we lock in an order in October for an Ultra that is what will count, so don't sit on your invite to order. In fact as I type that, it's what makes the most sense for both reservation holders and Fisker.

Registered
Sadly, this means that most Ultra reservation holders will have to wait until 2024 for there vehicles to be delivered. My question is in regards to the sport model. If 40% of current buyers are purchasing the Ultra. Based on these timelines, then how long until the Sport even begins getting manufactured? And if its a 8 month delay before any Extremes start getting delivered to Canada, how long will the delay be for the Ultras to get here? Will we be waiting until early 2025?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If there are too many customers, with cash, at the door of your 1-kitchen bakery demanding to buy your cake, is it not in your best interest to quickly build/rent/borrow another kitchen and satisfy the demand? Or risk your competition baking a better cake and stealing all those customers?

This can happen. Some reservation owners may evaporate as we sit waiting for over 2 years for the car. It's not like other EV manufacturers are sitting doing nothing.

Registered
BMW750i 2012; BMW528xi 2008
I suggest to look at this situation from the positive side:
1. All original design/production/service bugs will be mainly fixed by 2024;
2. Infrastructure to support owners (especially outside the Europe and USA) will be developed much better by 2024.
3. If we are lucky and the orders will be submitted in Q3/Q4 2023, we even have a chance for the locked price and Flexee Lease option.
I hope the ULTRA will be available in Canada by summer 2024.
I also believe, the demand in ULTRA is much higher than in EXTREME, and production could start before Q3 2023.

Registered
2. Infrastructure to support owners (especially outside the Europe and USA) will be developed much better by 2024.
3. If we are lucky and the orders will be submitted in Q3/Q4 2023, we even have a chance for the locked price and Flexee Lease option.
I also believe, the demand in ULTRA is much higher than in EXTREME, and production could start before Q3 2023.
Also, the EV charging infrastructure could (should) be well established

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with your points 1-3 and the last point about ULTRA demand exceeding EXTREME.
My original post is just me whining and airing a grievance. I guess it's a good thing for Fisker to have so many potential customers screaming "TAKE OUR MONEY and give us the car NOW!!"
馃槃 But not a good thing for us to have to wait so long.

Registered
Yeah, what's another $20,000+? Oh yeah, a lot of us are looking towards EVs to save some money.
My perspective, feel free to disagree. The largest expense of a car is depreciation. I am estimating that depreciation will be extremely low, or even $0 for a few years, given the cost of gas, constraints on EV supply, expected incremental price increases for the Ocean, and the fantastic warranty. I expect depreciation of the Ocean to mimic Teslas.

This means the incremental cost of the extreme over the Ultra or Sport would mainly be the financing charge for the additional loan amount. Obviously, there are many assumptions here, but this is how I'm thinking through it.

Registered
If there are too many customers, with cash, at the door of your 1-kitchen bakery demanding to buy your cake, is it not in your best interest to quickly build/rent/borrow another kitchen and satisfy the demand? Or risk your competition baking a better cake and stealing all those customers?

This can happen. Some reservation owners may evaporate as we sit waiting for over 2 years for the car. It's not like other EV manufacturers are sitting doing nothing.
The demand for the Ultra will for sure lower if it won't be delivered until 2024. Chevy is coming out with the Blazer and Equinox which should be in the same price range as the Ultra and the Sport. Kia and Hyundai are releasing their big SUVs next year too. Fisker's competitive advantage of design and performance will be gone due to availability.

Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
@kxo7000

This is going to be a painfully long wait. 馃槩 This is OVER a year from now.
IMHO, Not really a big deal!
Most Tesla 3 Day 1 Reservation Holders, with a $1,000 deposit, waited THREE years for their delivery!
I got really lucky and only waited 2 years & 2months from March 31, 2016 to June 6, 2018!

• Wow
Reactions: kxo7000

Registered
@Bernie
The Ultra and Sport are priced within reach of more people, and will make up the bulk of the orders. The Ultra, in it's price range, is probabaly the best value of range, performance, and tech, with a great design asthetic. Again, a subjective statement based on how you weight the factors.
Whole-heartily agree the Fisker Ultra will be the market leader of all Ocean models

Reactions: kxo7000 and KMBrown

Registered
@MSEE
Right on the money! However, the devil is in the details.

It will all come down to the Magna Steyr plant in Austria.
Will it (Magna Steyr) be able to successfully ramp up the build rate
from 1,000 Ocean Ones per month in December 2022
to 10,000 / month Ocean Ultras by July 2023?

I surely hope so and believe that Magna Inc will be up to the task

Reactions: kxo7000 and KMBrown

Registered
I'm pretty bummed about the lead times. Can't say I'm surprised but I did hope for better. I bailed on the IONIQ5 (missed the 2022 window) for the Fisker as it was a better fit and hoped for better lead time. I'm going to keep looking at other options. VinFast is next one on my list.

Now I understand everyone that has reservations on like 5 different EVs at once!

Registered
I'm pretty bummed about the lead times. Can't say I'm surprised but I did hope for better. I bailed on the IONIQ5 (missed the 2022 window) for the Fisker as it was a better fit and hoped for better lead time. I'm going to keep looking at other options. VinFast is next one on my list.

Now I understand everyone that has reservations on like 5 different EVs at once!
Nooo don't do the battery rental crap from Vinfast. If they are successful at it, other manufacturers will want to do the same.

Registered
@MSEE

Right on the money! However, the devil is in the details.

It will all come down to the Magna Steyr plant in Austria.
Will it (Magna Steyr) be able to successfully ramp up the build rate
from 1,000 Ocean Ones per month in December 2022
to 10,000 / month Ocean Ultras by July 2023?

I surely hope so and believe that Magna Inc will be up to the task
For that to happen the Ocean needs to be a hit and generate significant future orders in addition to the ~53K current reservations.

Registered
@EVolution
~53K current reservations.
Wonderful news....appears Fisker Inc is adding ONE THOUSAND new Reservation every week!

BTW, I missed the 53k announcement...where did you find is news?
Anecdotally, the Oceanforum is increasing membership around 10-15 new Fisker Lovers

1 - 21 of 51 Posts