Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learned about this company called SparkCharge. It was created by a college undergrad (now he is out of college) and it was a college entrepreneurial project to create a way to solve "charging deserts" and social-economic discrepancies regarding where chargers are built.

All that aside, it is a great idea and could be a far more economical solution to scale than expensive stationary chargers. It could also save you time if you schedule a delivery to charge your car while away so you do not have to wait in line or drive out of your way:

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
Once I saw it was CCS, that makes a lot of sense. Putting a bank of those battery packs in a AAA van for highway rescue recharges would be great.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once I saw it was CCS, that makes a lot of sense. Putting a bank of those battery packs in a AAA van for highway rescue recharges would be great.
Yeah there is emergency applications for sure. But I keep thinking of @sirozha 's last couple of trips. Imagine if at the hotel or somewhere else his family was parked for a few hours, he could have had a charge delivered. That would have not only saved him hours of driving out of the way but also reduced his anxiety/stress around where the next charge was coming from. Even if it cost 3 times what the charge would have normally cost, it probably would have been worth it. I would imagine as the business scales up, it would become even more cost effective too. This also seems like the path of least resistance because you do not need all of the certifications and zoning and such for construction - which is apparently also holding things up.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Maybe eventually they scale the size of that thing down and EV owners can purchase a portable one for emergency “top offs” on road trips. Sort of like the EV equivalent of a 1 gallon Jerri Can.
It would be awesome to know you have a spare 30 or 40 miles in the trunk that you pre-charge at home before heading out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I saw this on Shark Tank a while back. I don’t know if there is a business model in this. It’s too expensive, takes too long, and brings too little revenue.

A food truck would make more money with less investment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I saw this on Shark Tank a while back. I don’t know if there is a business model in this. It’s too expensive, takes too long, and brings too little revenue.

A food truck would make more money with less investment.
I think you could make more money installing charging stations in areas that are under served by the big companies. Like the old mom and pop gas stations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts