Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey @Emsflyer84 welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for Ocean info! Which model are you thinking of getting?
I’m hoping for an Ultra in Big Sur blue. In fact, that’s the only one that will really work from me. I need the all-wheel-drive for the snowy winters and the higher versions are a bit out of my reach. It will all depend on production timelines. My lease is up in October 2023. I’m hoping that the ultra will be available by that time. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I’m hoping for an Ultra in Big Sur blue. In fact, that’s the only one that will really work from me. I need the all-wheel-drive for the snowy winters and the higher versions are a bit out of my reach. It will all depend on production timelines. My lease is up in October 2023. I’m hoping that the ultra will be available by that time. Fingers crossed!
Not trying to burst your bubble here. Unless you are one of the first 40 -45k reservation holders I will not expect to get a vehicle until almost 2024 and the prices are going up after the first 40k reservation holders.

·
Registered
474 Posts
How does anyone know if they are in the first 40K reservations?
Unfortunately, we do not know yet. Probably because there will be some attrition with the existing reservations so they can't really put people in an official line yet. That being said, I think you are good if you have had your reservation for several months. They were passed 40,000 reservations sometime in the first or second week of April if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, we do not know yet. Probably because there will be some attrition with the existing reservations so they can't really put people in an official line yet. That being said, I think you are good if you have had your reservation for several months. They were passed 40,000 reservations sometime in the first or second week of April if I remember correctly.
Ok, I thought so. I made my reservation at the beginning of January.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
969 Posts
This chart is a good rough estimate for the monthly reservation numbers since it started. You're probably somewhere between 23,000 - 28,000 if you were in January.
Font Slope Rectangle Parallel Terrestrial plant

Reactions: Emsflyer84

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only nervousness I'm feeling about my Ultra ,and we reserved last December is from what I understand correctly even if we are in the first 20,000 reservations they were going to build extremes first. Somebody can make a reservation for an extreme today and we'd still have to wait until they're built before they'll get to me. Correct?
If so I may have to wait until 2024 and prices are not promised to stay at 49,K that far out. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,168 Posts
@Emsflyer84
Welcome to the Fisker Ocean forum!
I see you're already getting GREAT info....
like you've made the 40,000 cutoff before prices go up!

I’m hoping for an Ultra in Big Sur blue. In fact, that’s the only one that will really work from me. I need the all-wheel-drive for the snowy winters
Great choice (Ultra) and fabulous colour!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only nervousness I'm feeling about my Ultra ,and we reserved last December is from what I understand correctly even if we are in the first 20,000 reservations they were going to build extremes first. Somebody can make a reservation for an extreme today and we'd still have to wait until they're built before they'll get to me. Correct?
If so I may have to wait until 2024 and prices are not promised to stay at 49,K that far out. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.
As far as I know, when we made the reservation we didn’t get to pick the trim level. So everyone’s reservations are basically the same at this point. So if what you’re saying is true, they’ll open up orders to the top trim only, and if they fill those orders up to their capacity for the first year, they’ll close the orders. But who knows.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
As far as I know, when we made the reservation we didn’t get to pick the trim level. So everyone’s reservations are basically the same at this point. So if what you’re saying is true, they’ll open up orders to the top trim only, and if they fill those orders up to their capacity for the first year, they’ll close the orders. But who knows.
Most of us have entered their configuration, it is not an order but it will help Fisker to know what is the most popular model, exterior and interior color, and the wheels.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Most of us have entered their configuration, it is not an order but it will help Fisker to know what is the most popular model, exterior and interior color, and the wheels.
I did not have any way to “enter” a configuration when I placed my reservation. When I used the configurator then and even at any point now, there is no way to submit that information or save it or anything. Not sure what, if anything, I am missing here.

*Edit: I am completely wrong here. You can definitely log into your account on fiskerinc.com and under "account" and then "configuration", it saves your desired configuration. I know this has nothing to do with what you have reserved but it as least some data for Fisker to tap into...

·
Registered
371 Posts
You aren't missing anything. There might have been a chance to put in the configuration when you reserved you'd like but it's not cemented of anything. It was data collection for Fisker. They need to know what percentage of people intend to order each trim, color, wheels, etc. So they can be prepared for manufacturing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts