Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,168 Posts
LA and Germany (Munich?) this Fall, NY/Miami in 2023- along with SF
Right Oh!
Hope to see San Francisco Fisker Lounge open in Palo Alto….
this is REALLY the epicentre of Silicon Valley….the target audience

Reactions: Deafsoundguy

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
214 Posts
Is there a wish list from Fisker that’s ever been listed as far as “hoped” centers nationwide? I mean Portland or at least Seattle should be on that list. Either city would be a good location for the entire Pacific Northwest. After all Oregon, like CA, is one of the very few states that certain “green” cars are sold in and encouraged. Kermit? Maybe you can chime in here 🐸

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
Sean over at @Fiskerati posted the SPAC investor presentation from 2020. This was the original footprint. Just noting that Houston was supposed to be #3. I want my experience center!!!

Map Font Line Circle Design

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any updates on the Experience Centers in LA, NYC and Miami due to open this summer?
You can’t just open them up overnight. During my First Mile test drive, the Rivian rep told me about the red tape and government regulations to have a public automotive showroom in Florida and how they had Rivian employees sitting around doing nothing for months (they helped with deliveries eventually). There are so many regulations that by law he wasn’t even allowed to discuss R1T pricing (only features) because he lacked a license of some sort.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
You can’t just open them up overnight. During my First Mile test drive, the Rivian rep told me about the red tape and government regulations to have a public automotive showroom in Florida and how they had Rivian employees sitting around doing nothing for months (they helped with deliveries eventually). There are so many regulations that by law he wasn’t even allowed to discuss R1T pricing (only features) because he lacked a license of some sort.
Different states have different requirements and it is an absolute mess. Tesla has spent millions upon millions fighting laws from different states and getting variances where they can. Thankfully, Fisker, Rivian and other start-ups can benefit from the legislation Tesla achieved but there is still a long way to go to get past NADA lobbyist. In California, the Tesla stores can do pretty much what they want; where my parents live in Maryland, they had a Tesla "store", but they could not discuss pricing, purchase process or offer test drives (they were probably skirting the laws by even telling you to go to their website).

·
Premium Member
2016 Cadillac ELR
214 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Both of us! 🙂🙂
Looks like we got priority over Austin.
Interesting factoid: in 2018 when I was picking up our second Model 3, the Tesla guy told me that the Sugarland area was the highest selling zip code for Tesla outside of California. Guy could have been totally full of it, but that is what he said when they were in the midst of delivery hell. And, you know, 8 million people vs 2 million people. :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sean over at @Fiskerati posted the SPAC investor presentation from 2020. This was the original footprint. Just noting that Houston was supposed to be #3. I want my experience center!!!

View attachment 1312
Great locations for Fisker Lounges!
Confirmed F.L are :
1) Los Angeles
2) New York City
3) Miami
My Predictions for FUTURE Fisker Lounges
4) San Francisco Bay Area **
5) Seattle, WA
6) Chicago, IL
7) Washington DC/ Baltimore/MD
8) Phoenix, AZ
9) Boston, MA
10) Atlanta, GA
11) Houston, TX (if EV sales Centres are allowed)
12) Denver, CO
** Since California BEV sales represent over 60% of all US sales, SF should be #4

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great locations for Fisker Lounges!
11) Houston, TX (if EV sales Centres are allowed)

They will have to plug the gap in Texas sooner than this. It is #2 or #3 market depending on year. With 3 out of 10 most populous US's cities (and 5 of 15 most populous) it will be a core market even if relative EV market share is comparatively smaller than other states.

Texas does NOT allow sales centers (that could change now that Tesla is based here) but it does allow "galleries" or experience lounges where you can do everything except discuss pricing and order (you can provide a convenient computer for customers, however). Also company service centers. We have five Tesla galleries in Houston and three service centers. We also have a Rivian service/experience/delivery center and a Lucid service center.

If Politics is your thing, keep in mind that Joe Biden got 60k more votes in Texas than he did in New York (5.27 million vs 5.204).

Texas is an odd place when it comes to renewable energy. The politicians complain about it, hate it, etc., but we build more of it than anyone else. More wind than any other state. Most solar installations last year and this year, will be largest solar generation state within a few years, already #2. Renewables are currently 37% of total generating capacity and Texas is adding more grid-scale battery capacity than any other state. It is weird.

UPDATE: I just pull the EIA data out of curiosity. Texas has 46GW of renewables "net summer generating capacity." California (next biggest) has 35GW. Weird.

The Ocean will sell well here.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
@BayouCityBob
five Tesla galleries in Houston and three service centers. We also have a Rivian service/experience/delivery center and a Lucid service center.
Thx for clearing this up!
Then, I would move Fisker Lounge to #5, right after the San Francisco Bay Area

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Different states have different requirements and it is an absolute mess. Tesla has spent millions upon millions fighting laws from different states and getting variances where they can. Thankfully, Fisker, Rivian and other start-ups can benefit from the legislation Tesla achieved but there is still a long way to go to get past NADA lobbyist. In California, the Tesla stores can do pretty much what they want; where my parents live in Maryland, they had a Tesla "store", but they could not discuss pricing, purchase process or offer test drives (they were probably skirting the laws by even telling you to go to their website).
That's offer test drives now in the Tesla store that's closest to me. I'm in MD too.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
That's offer test drives now in the Tesla store that's closest to me. I'm in MD too.
Good to know, I was at the Bethesda Montgomery Mall (it was also December 2014 when I was there so my information may be a little outdated).

Reactions: HotIce
1 - 20 of 28 Posts