Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a 2013 model S (since sold it), my wife owns a 2016 Model X and I now own a 2020 Model Y. I have mostly good things to say about Teslas and EVs in general. I am a bit disappointed in Tesla's slow progress in full self driving. I paid $7000 in 2020 for FSD. Yet after 8 years since the model S, the technology has barely moved forward. It tries to do a lot more but than it used to but with way more failures which makes it only slightly improved in 8 years. It is still years from true FSD regardless of what Elon says (and has been saying for years).

Enough about Tesla. I have been looking at the Fisker configurator every couple of weeks but did not want a white interior which was all I saw offered. I just ordered a Fisker Ocean One in Big Sur Blue with Ocean Floor interior. I like the size, I like the specs and I like the looks. I live in the Seattle area and there are thousands of Tesla model Ys, yet only offer a few colors, none of which are nice. I would have ordered blue but that is the color of my wife's X so didn't want matching cars. Mine is a boring silver/gray. I am optimistic that Fisker can deliver in a reasonable time frame and performance although there is a bit of uncertainty with anything new. And I have set my expectations low for the autosteer/self driving features.

-Seaguy

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
500 Posts
I don't know if the Ocean will be capable of full self driving, but they'll be first to market with digital radar, which sounds almost as good as Lidar.

If/when I order an Ocean, I'd get it in Blue Planet with the Sea Salt interior. Just for the color contrast. :)

Anyway, here's a video about the upcoming digital radar.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
723 Posts
@Seaguy,
Welcome to the Fisker World!
I have mostly good things to say about Teslas and EVs in general......... I just ordered a Fisker Ocean One in Big Sur Blue with Ocean Floor interior. I like the size, I like the specs and I like the looks........ I am optimistic that Fisker can deliver in a reasonable time frame.....

-Seaguy
Great to see another Tesla owner jump on the Fisker bandwagon
Henrik states that the Magna plant as AHEAD of schedule (SOP : Nov 17, 2022

My fave colour is the BIG SUR BLUE but I'm not splurging
on the Ocean Extreme/One!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Waiting for more info is probably wise but if it really is a winner, you may have a long wait. Since the deposit is only $250, I imagine they are getting lots of reservations that may or may not turn into deliveries.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
500 Posts
Waiting for more info is probably wise but if it really is a winner, you may have a long wait. Since the deposit is only $250, I imagine they are getting lots of reservations that may or may not turn into deliveries.
My car has just under 67,000 miles on it, so I can afford to be patient. Plus I like my car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In that, I am SURE you are correct. My GUESS is that the Reservation thing, so very common now, is more a gauge of Interest in the vehicle. There must be some 'higher math equation' to tell the makers how many are real orders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts