Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting closer to production, so I thought it might be interesting to see how people are planning to purchase/finance/lease their Ocean vehicles. I know this can be a taboo subject for some, but I think it can also help the decision making of others who are still on the fence so please only comment if you feel comfortable sharing. Also, if you have questions fire away.

I'll start. I plan on purchasing the Ocean Ultra trim which in CAD is 64K (59K after the Fed credit). With options and delivery I am hoping it will come to 65K when all is said and done. I intend to put down ~20K and finance the remainder over 5-6 years either through Chase bank or an Auto loan with another bank depending on the most favourable rates. I disagree with having car loans for longer than this, but with the price of new cars increasing I suspect this will be harder and harder as time goes on. This should keep the monthly payments to around 1K a month. I wish I was at the stage of life where I could finance the entire purchase myself, but alas. Additionally, my wife and I try to stagger our vehicle purchases so we never have more than one car payment a month, and when I buy vehicles I try to drive them for over a decade before buying new.

What are others planning? Purchase outright? Finance? Flexee lease? And how did you decide that option would be the best for you?

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
I'm planning to sell my Model 3 and use that towards the down payment. Then I will probably add enough to get a loan for about $20,000-25,000 and finance for 5 years. I pay about $50k a year right now for my son's university, soon to be more for my daughter next year. So I have to do a reasonable $500/month loan for the Ocean. If I get the $7500 federal tax credit, that will make things a little easier.

As far as the loan, I have previously used a local credit union that has good rates. I'll also check out BOA, EVLife, and some others to compare.

Reactions: KMBrown

·
Registered
48 Posts
My plan is to trade in my Kia Optima 2014 and put another 10K with the 5,250 already put done on the Ocean One. I am leaning towards using the Chase relationship With Fisker since I already have a relationship with Chase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m planning on trading in my 2020 Subaru Crosstrek and hopefully netting about $10-12K from that. Then I will finance the remainder using either my local credit union or Clean Energy CU for a 5-6 year loan (hoping to find an interest rate below 5% if possible). I’m going to try and keep my Ultra order with options below $63K, financing about $53,795 and assuming worst case scenario of no EV tax credit. I’m shooting to keep my monthly payments below $850. I hope their trade-in process goes smoothly and that I won’t be without a car for too long. Being in Cheyenne, WY, I’m worried I may have to do some pretty long road tripping if I need to make it to a Fisker center for trade-in. Hopefully by the time I get my Ultra, their network is built out a bit more, so I don’t have to travel to a coast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Forum Folks!

new to the forum after following for quite some time. I plan to trade in my Model 3 but I’m wondering what the new used EV credit under the legislation will mean for those who want to trade or sell an EV. From what I’ve read, the used EV credit is only through a dealership, a cap on the value, and how old the car is. Thought?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Forum Folks!

new to the forum after following for quite some time. I plan to trade in my Model 3 but I’m wondering what the new used EV credit under the legislation will mean for those who want to trade or sell an EV. From what I’ve read, the used EV credit is only through a dealership, a cap on the value, and how old the car is. Thought?
Welcome! I believe @Blu Angel generally does the formal welcome but I beat him to the punch this time. Please share what brought you to choose the Ocean going forward?

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
935 Posts
Hello Forum Folks!

The used EV credit starts in Jan 2024 and is restricted to a max price of $25k. No restriction on age that I know of. I don't know why the legislation requires it to be sold by a dealership.

So the Model 3 doesn't apply. My 2018 Model 3 still has a value north of $40k.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I plan to put another $25k down on top of the $5250 already pId and whatever else i can get for my trade in/private sale of my VW. This should put me somewhere in the mid/upper $30’s paid for my ONE and make the loan somewhat less painful (but still more than i would like). If i can keep the loan in the $30k range i will be happy.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
568 Posts
I plan to put another $25k down on top of the $5250 already pId and whatever else i can get for my trade in/private sale of my VW. This should put me somewhere in the mid/upper $30’s paid for my ONE and make the loan somewhat less painful (but still more than i would like). If i can keep the loan in the $30k range i will be happy.
This whole time when I was doing my calculations, I completely forgot they already have $5,250 of my money! I figure the One + destination fees + CA Sales Taxes + registration fees will be just under $80k. My plan is for sub-$500 month payments for 36 or 48 months - I will need to put down $55-65k (including trade in). Will look at the Fisker Chase financing but will likely finance through my credit union.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,137 Posts
@Copes
new to the forum after following for quite some time.
I also welcome you to the Oceanforums.
Both you and HF have been lurking around here for ONE YEAR & 8 Months and not a word!!!
Well, it’s about time you come out of the woods….at least you beat Henrik.
P.S. Congrats on the ULTRA and believe you’ll fall HARD for the Ocean

@EVolution has also been nominated as an Oceanforum Ambassador!

Reactions: HotIce and Baker
1 - 20 of 64 Posts