Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Apologies if I'm late to this, but I spotted this LinkedIn post from Henrik, and the November delivery target was news to me.
Has anyone with an reservation heard anything concrete about when to expect their Ocean?
I hate to wish away the summer, but I genuinely can't wait for folks to start getting their vehicles!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Until they start the ordering process on July 1 (assuming that holds) for the 5,000 OCEAN ONE's that will be built first, I don't expect anyone to hear anything.

This is just a confirmation that deliveries, maybe only 1, will begin sometime after SOP in November.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Our reservation is around 30,000ish, so I don't expect to hear anything for some time. That said...

The terms "start of delivery" and "start of production" have been tossed around interchangeably with regards to the November launch date, both from Fisker communications and on this board. As anyone who has worked with manufacturers knows, those are two VERY different things. If Magna starts production on November 22nd, I wouldn't expect to see deliveries until January-ish at best. For them to start deliveries in November, Magna would have to be spooling up well in advance of that...my guess being July/August. You've got time to build the cars, time to transport said cars to the closest port, logistics to find an ocean freight carrier to the US (which I can say from experience is an absolutely nightmare right now), arrival at the US port, Customs clearance, and then retrieval from the US port (most likely NY) by car carrier to...wherever. They might do east coast concierge deliveries straight from there, but west coast cars will need to be loaded on a truck and transported to a closer hub for final delivery.

As a shareholder and double reservation holder (Ocean and PEAR), I want to see cars as soon as anyone else...I just think Fisker needs to very carefully (and loudly) set expectations on what the November 22nd date actually is. If the Street (and reservation holders) think it's the start of deliveries but it's actually the start of production, there could be a lot of disappointed people all around.

Fingers crossed we get clarity at the shareholder meeting on Wednesday!

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
746 Posts
The One will be built first, followed by the Extreme I believe. It's not a first reserved/first built equation. I just reserved last month, so hopefully by this time next year...

I'm leaning towards orange too, or perhaps Blue Planet. I love the matte color, but taking care of it seems more complicated than the other colors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The One will be built first, followed by the Extreme I believe. It's not a first reserved/first built equation. I just reserved last month, so hopefully by this time next year...

I'm leaning towards orange too, or perhaps Blue Planet. I love the matte color, but taking care of it seems more complicated than the other colors.
Great point. We are most likely getting the Ultra, so the One and Extreme folks will be prioritized. I've been roughly guesstimating between May and August of 2023 for delivery, but I guess it will depend on how many people placed a reservation after us, but opt for the Extreme or One.

Still wondering when the clock starts for deliveries, though. If it truly is November, that would be great, and might help us guess roughly when the Ultra may be built. We're not in a crazy rush, but the sooner we get Fiskers (of any trim level) on the ground, the better the chance that they can beat competitive offerings coming to market and lock down marketshare.

I like the matte blue from afar, but I think you're right about maintenance. I haven't been paying much attention, but will folks be able to order the One in anything but the matte blue finish?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I keep hearing that they may start producing before the November SOP date. Maybe in limited quantities, maybe the Ocean One's. From my time on the Ioniq5 boards it took 6 weeks to go from factory to dealership. That's Korea of course to West coast but I'd expect similar times to east coast from Austria.

They could deliver cars locally within days though. So who knows, maybe that's how they will deliver in November: to Austrian customers.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
Our reservation is around 30,000ish, so I don't expect to hear anything for some time. That said...

The terms "start of delivery" and "start of production" have been tossed around interchangeably with regards to the November launch date, both from Fisker communications and on this board. As anyone who has worked with manufacturers knows, those are two VERY different things. If Magna starts production on November 22nd, I wouldn't expect to see deliveries until January-ish at best. For them to start deliveries in November, Magna would have to be spooling up well in advance of that...my guess being July/August. You've got time to build the cars, time to transport said cars to the closest port, logistics to find an ocean freight carrier to the US (which I can say from experience is an absolutely nightmare right now), arrival at the US port, Customs clearance, and then retrieval from the US port (most likely NY) by car carrier to...wherever. They might do east coast concierge deliveries straight from there, but west coast cars will need to be loaded on a truck and transported to a closer hub for final delivery.

As a shareholder and double reservation holder (Ocean and PEAR), I want to see cars as soon as anyone else...I just think Fisker needs to very carefully (and loudly) set expectations on what the November 22nd date actually is. If the Street (and reservation holders) think it's the start of deliveries but it's actually the start of production, there could be a lot of disappointed people all around.

Fingers crossed we get clarity at the shareholder meeting on Wednesday!
Yes, it can easily be 30-60 days after start of production before first deliveries arrive - especially considering cross-Atlantic shipping for North America.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
620 Posts
I keep hearing that they may start producing before the November SOP date. Maybe in limited quantities, maybe the Ocean One's. From my time on the Ioniq5 boards it took 6 weeks to go from factory to dealership. That's Korea of course to West coast but I'd expect similar times to east coast from Austria.

They could deliver cars locally within days though. So who knows, maybe that's how they will deliver in November: to Austrian customers.
Right now the lead time to book a vessel, get it loaded, arrival on East coast and unloaded will take easily 6 weeks, plus they have to move the car to dealer by truck or train depending on where this one it is it would be 7 to 10 days.
As like you the first delivery will be in Europe for sure, Magna will be not ready to produce in August!

·
Registered
473 Posts

I am leaning toward those 2 color options myself. From everything I have read, automotive grade matte or semi-gloss paint has come a long way. It is just as durable and frankly easier to maintain since there is no waxing step (waxing would haze up the finish).

·
Registered
2020 Tesla Model 3, 2013 Chevy Volt
57 Posts
Henrik confirmed on his Instagram post today SOP Nov. 17 and deliveries starting end of November. So that means first deliveries in Europe. U.S. after that and I'm hoping Canada at the same time as U.S. but unlikely.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
@Langer
Henrik confirmed on his Instagram post today SOP Nov. 17 and deliveries starting end of November
Yessiree!
a few European Fisker Reservations holders will have their Christmas Wishes come true!
American Holders probably from January 2023 (up to 28 days to transport across Atlantic)
CanadIan’s…….plan for Valentine’s Day celebration

1 - 13 of 13 Posts