Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
So assume everyone got this desperate email to pre-order a One?

Yes I got it but they have to do something. Their take-rate on the One has got to be lower than they hoped. I don't know if I would describe the message as desperate but I don't think quotes from Fisker employees or people we have never heard of will push anyone off of the fence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received the email today as well.
IMO, it reeks of desperation. As I didn’t place a reservation until March of this year. So I’m guessing I fall somewhere under 40k in line. That and the “Praise Continues” email the sent right after the invite. Along with the same “praise” in the IG posts.
I would had thought a better than 33% conversion ratio. But that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Here to hoping they speed up the timeline to produce the Ultra.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seems when I click to pre-order I get the message, you cannot preorder now, same message as before. I reserved in Jul 3rd.

Makes me worried a little about the "fakish" endorsements which basically try to convey "sustainability" "eco" etc as their USP.

My worry is if there is a problem with the Ocean, not sure if they have the back up support to sort out problems. No point in giving industry leading 6 year warranty of the company goes insolvent

Also is it me, or does HF look like and angry man...! Seems to look like he is in a permanent mood!

The only thing that goes out way is the fact that most of the cutting edge technology is all MAGNA technology that they sell to any automative companies.

Like someone said , this is a Magna car designed by HF.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Seems when I click to pre-order I get the message, you cannot preorder now, same message as before. I reserved in Jul 3rd.

Makes me worried a little about the "fakish" endorsements which basically try to convey "sustainability" "eco" etc as their USP.

My worry is if there is a problem with the Ocean, not sure if they have the back up support to sort out problems. No point in giving industry leading 6 year warranty of the company goes insolvent

Also is it me, or does HF look like and angry man...! Seems to look like he is in a permanent mood!

The only thing that goes out way is the fact that most of the cutting edge technology is all MAGNA technology that they sell to any automative companies.

Like someone said , this is a Magna car designed by HF.
The problem is not Henrik's face - which is completely subjective. The problem is that people want to know how these will be serviced and he keeps saying "through our partners". Great, which partners. The problem is that people want to know which options will be available for the other trims (besides the winter package and Smart Track) and what will they cost so they can make an educated decision between the trims. I am sure you all can come up with a few more problems as well. To be clear, this is the car I want but I need to wait until October to make these educated decisions. I am sure many feel the same.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
The problem is not Henrik's face - which is completely subjective. The problem is that people want to know how these will be serviced and he keeps saying "through our partners". Great, which partners. The problem is that people want to know which options will be available for the other trims (besides the winter package and Smart Track) and what will they cost so they can make an educated decision between the trims. I am sure you all can come up with a few more problems as well. To be clear, this is the car I want but I need to wait until October to make these educated decisions. I am sure many feel the same.
On top of that, they cancelled media test drives because the UI wasn’t complete. Manufacturers let journalists drive incomplete cars all the time so they can get a feel for the way the car drives and feels. Journalists note that the UI wasn’t fully done but it felt and looked like it was __. Fisker should have held their media drives as planned so people csn see the car and get feedback on how it drives and how the interior feels. You can’t expect folks to commit when they know nothing about the car or the experience.

I really think Henrik thought he had a bigger following than he did. They aren’t at that point yet.

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe if they stop treating every little detail about the car like it’s a national security matter, they’d get more reservations.
100%

I was telling my wife this. You think he would learn after this go around to be more transparent, but I am thinking he is an egomaniac and a control freak. Look at what he did when Elon said he was buying Twitter, he left. Why can he not be transparent and tell us what is going on! I think he thinks Elon is going to steal everything and copy him. He's paranoid!!!

·
Registered
Code: DD7VYC
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On top of that, they cancelled media test drives because the UI wasn’t complete. Manufacturers let journalists drive incomplete cars all the time so they can get a feel for the way the car drives and feels. Journalists note that the UI wasn’t fully done but it felt and looked like it was __. Fisker should have held their media drives as planned so people csn see the car and get feedback on how it drives and how the interior feels. You can’t expect folks to commit when they know nothing about the car or the experience.

I really think Henrik thought he had a bigger following than he did. They aren’t at that point yet.
That's a BS excuse! The Karma never had a complete UI the entire time he sold it. He's paranoid! I am telling you he is his own worst enemy. He's controlling everything, he wants to be the face of it, it's all him! He can't get out of his way. He's going to flop on his face as he did before at some point if he doesn't follow through on the Ocean. I am hoping the car speaks for itself and overshadows his ego. I have followed this guy since 2007, he creates beautiful cars, he's a wizard of creation, but he is not and should not be the face of Fisker.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts

The AI and service location are my maine concerned matters for now, Chevrolet Blazer has the same time frame than Fisker Ocean and they show the video of the entertainment cluster! It's something that I would like to watch ASAP from Fisker! :(

·
Registered
334 Posts
100%

I was telling my wife this. You think he would learn after this go around to be more transparent, but I am thinking he is an egomaniac and a control freak. Look at what he did when Elon said he was buying Twitter, he left. Why can he not be transparent and tell us what is going on! I think he thinks Elon is going to steal everything and copy him. He's paranoid!!!
If you knew Elon like he knows Elon. IMHO

·
Registered
14 Posts
I received the email today as well.
IMO, it reeks of desperation. As I didn’t place a reservation until March of this year. So I’m guessing I fall somewhere under 40k in line. That and the “Praise Continues” email the sent right after the invite. Along with the same “praise” in the IG posts.
I would had thought a better than 33% conversion ratio. But that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Here to hoping they speed up the timeline to produce the Ultra.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts