Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Fisker Ocean Awarded 5-Star Rating, Crash Testing Completed
"The results will be published by NHTSA and IIHS later this year. However, Fisker did share some information on the testing saying, “schhh 5 star”, meaning that the Fisker Ocean received a 5-star overall safety rating. This is the highest rating that can be achieved in any crash category."

This makes me (I don't want to speak for all of us 🤐) happy, even if it's unofficial.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
"The results will be published by NHTSA and IIHS later this year. However, Fisker did share some information on the testing saying, “schhh 5 star”, meaning that the Fisker Ocean received a 5-star overall safety rating. This is the highest rating that can be achieved in any crash category."

This makes me (I don't want to speak for all of us 🤐) happy, even if it's unofficial.
It is a very good news, it mean that they will not have to resolve any problems on that matter and go ahead with the production line. It's look that they could start earlier if all the parts arrive in time. :p

·
Registered
298 Posts

This is very good and encouraging news. Now, we hope to see an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ which is the "gold standard" for impact testing.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IIHS Top Safety + has more than just impact testing involved. Lighting is definitely involved and I think braking systems as well. I'm sure the Google could clear that up.
Yes, headlights are definitely a factor. There have been vehicles that missed the + just because their headlights weren't good enough. In some cases companies upgraded them and their safety scores improved. Also, there's now a more difficult side test. Search

·
Registered
298 Posts
IIHS Top Safety + has more than just impact testing involved. Lighting is definitely involved and I think braking systems as well. I'm sure the Google could clear that up.
Nothing to clear up as you have it right. However, the factors for the "+" are relatively easy to achieve if made a program objective, especially for a program with such advancements as their ADAS and Smart Traction electronics. The structural requirements for crash management for IIHS, which are more stringent than for NHTSA NCAP, are the larger challenge to getting a top Safety Pick status.

·
Registered
178 Posts
@baydreamer FYI, we reported that first publishing at 10am, and that EV reporter from Street Insider blatantly ripped off word for word most of the article on our site. Sad!

·
Registered
178 Posts
@baydreamer I would have published the article here, but I was told to not post links that take people off the site. That means, if people want to share Fiskerati article links here they will need to post them instead of me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
@HotIce While I know this is a hobby for me, I wrote them and they added a reference. Oh, vey! 😉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts