Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Danish-American car designer’s second EV company has taken deposits for the Pear -- which will start at about $30,000 in the U.S. -- from customers in part because battery suppliers have been burned by car manufacturers making overly optimistic sales projections for early plug-in models.
“Normally, a car company does due diligence of a supplier,” Fisker said in an interview Wednesday in London. “Now, the battery makers are actually doing the diligence on the carmakers, and of course also the startups, and saying: ‘Hold on a minute, we need to see the business model, we need to see the car, we need to believe in you.’”

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,155 Posts
@baydreamer
I will take Henrik Fisker on his word.

I would like a breakout of Fisker Ocean reservations
(last count 31,000)
and Fisker Pear (which Henrik says is 1,500.)

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
@baydreamer
I will take Henrik Fisker on his word.

I would like a breakout of Fisker Ocean reservations
(last count 31,000)
and Fisker Pear (which Henrik says is 1,500.
Honestly, a 90% refundable $250 deposit for any Fisker isn't a big obstacle compared to a $1000 Rivian or Lucid deposit.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
“We already started taking reservations on that mainly because we have some interest from some large rental car companies,” Fisker told Automotive News Europe in a video chat from London. “I also felt it was important to allow private people to make a reservation because we had a lot of people asking for it.”
Fisker indicates that interest from rental companies was one motivation behind enabling consumers to hand over a $250 deposit to get on a waiting list alongside the fleet companies. Deliveries are expected to begin in 2024.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
I am sure I will drive the Ocean a WHOLE lot! But every Friday she has a 280 mile drive to be the granny nanny.She NEEDS that long range.
Depending where you live, 280 miles may require a charge during the trip - especially in winter if it is cold where you are. Even in the summer, I don't get more than 250 miles on my 310 mile rated Model 3 at 70 MPH.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Depending where you live, 280 miles may require a charge during the trip - especially in winter if it is cold where you are. Even in the summer, I don't get more than 250 miles on my 310 mile rated Model 3 at 70 MPH.
I know and this winter has had it's share of cold compared to most. But fortunately she can get a quick charge before she heads home.But the 340 mile range of the Ultra would just make it on 1 charge.....Hopefully. Hey Ranger 250 in the summer? How do you explain that? Tesla not being truthful?

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
I know and this winter has had it's share of cold compared to most. But fortunately she can get a quick charge before she heads home.But the 340 mile range of the Ultra would just make it on 1 charge.....Hopefully. Hey Ranger 250 in the summer? How do you explain that? Tesla not being truthful?
To some degree, Tesla does overstate range by using a different conversion factor (EPA accepts two different methods). This article does a great job explaining the difference in test cycles: The Secret Adjustment Factor Tesla Uses to Get Its Big EPA Range Numbers

But looking at most EVs driven at 70 MPH, they will be less than the EPA range. Winter range will be even less.

See this chart for example:

Font Slope Screenshot Technology Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
104 Posts
Seriously? The Ioniq5 limited AWD under 200 miles? We drove a RWD SEL and was impressed, but the range on the dash was fluctuating between 319-324. What we thought we wanted was an Ioniq 5 limited trim RWD, So the trick is having all that torque and power and not using it?
Hummm Can I borrow a couple hundred thousand for a Lucid?

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
951 Posts
Seriously? The Ioniq5 limited AWD under 200 miles? We drove a RWD SEL and was impressed, but the range on the dash was fluctuating between 319-324. What we thought we wanted was an Ioniq 5 limited trim RWD, So the trick is having all that torque and power and not using it?
Hummm Can I borrow a couple hundred thousand for a Lucid?
Speed greatly affects range. Driving 60 vs 70 vs 80 MPH can be a big difference - 25% or more.

Yes, Lucid Air's range is great. They are bringing a $78k "Pure" version out in a year or so with a 406 mile range.

Reactions: Heynowirv
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.