Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The general opinion about Fisker is that it's fraud. I've listed to Henrik's interviews, read about his past, and seen Fisker Karma several times, and I don't think he is a fraudster. He had designed beautiful cars for various luxury car manufacturers, and he was able to manufacture and sell Fisker Karmas, but he did go bankrupt, and apparently more than once.

Do you guys have something to counter all the negativity about this new venture of his? How confident are you that the Ocean will be released in November of this year? What do you think of him announcing Pear and starting to take reservations while never even having shown the sketches of what the car will look like?

Help me regain my confidence that Fisker Inc is not a scam to fleece investors and the reservation holders, and that Henrik Fisker is the real deal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Help me regain my confidence that Fisker Inc is not a scam to fleece investors and the reservation holders, and that Henrik Fisker is the real deal.
I'm not sure we can do that for you. All the info is out there in the public, so you can analyze it like the rest of us and come to conclusions and make adjustments as the days and months go by.
If Nov 17 comes and Fisker starts shipping, then I guess Fisker would be proving some of the naysayers wrong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The fact that we are on this board regularly shows we are more invested into the company then those that are just posting negative comments. We are literally staying up to date with everything that's going on with the company and I doubt alot of the people that are saying negative things are. What we know now are that Fisker is outsourcing production and also has different battery suppliers. This is a different situation than with the Karma. Fisker gets to pretty much design the best cars he can and market the crap out of it and continue to make deals. If Fisker was making their own cars on their own then I get it but they are not.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have read numerous articles on fisker and people thinking his company is fraud. However, to reserver a vehicle is only $250 and $225 is refundable. So think is that a risk you willing to take. If you can risk $25 then just wait and see that money does not mean you are buying the car just a line holder all it is.

Now as to him going Bankrupt yes he did and as he has mentioned has learned from his mistakes. With the Karma he was starting from scratch trying to build and design the car all in house which does get super expensive especially if you are just trying to startout. He mentioned in several interviews that he did not have the collateral/equity/assets to start the Karma venture. But it was a car way ahead of its time.

What killed him was the Karmas just sitting at the docks waiting to be delivered and then if I remember correctly the Hurricane came thru and either Flooded cars or the batteries caught on Fire. So the Karma was dead in water he only managed to deliver a few of the Karma to actual customers. Now he learned to outsource majority of everything so he can only focus and R&D which is why he going with companies that have been building cars for years as they have the machinery, knowledge, and experience to output a number of cars in no time as their will be no real crunch time in building the cars once the robots learn what they need to do. I do believe Fisker will be a good competitor in the EV market as he is planning deliveries at end of this year obviously for the Extreme One variants.

If you did not know the configurators for the Extreme One open for the reservation holders looking to purchase 1 of the 5k One variants on July 1, 2022 for delivery my guess around Christmas Time for the USA as it has to ship from Austria.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Electrek was started as a Tesla fan site and articles have been pro Tesla ever since. That has also resulted in a huge Tesla fan base in their comments section and any non-Tesla articles will get LOADS of negative comments. I stopped visiting that site some years ago. I prefer insideevs.com

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
I sometimes read comments about Fisker being vaporware because they have yet to produce anything. I was reading it again in regards to the Ronin because they have 3 vehicles on the table but still nothing available. However, everything we read about the Ocean is remarkably positive and they seem to be on schedule, perhaps even slightly ahead of schedule. Some cynicism is probably because so many companies have overpromised with little to show for it. Just be patient and smile quietly when the Ocean starts rolling off the assembly line.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I read this Electrek post and the comments as well. Keep in mind that the loudest internet mouths like to be pessimistic and negative. I have seen that become more and more prevalent over the years. I can't speak to their motivation but look at it this way. If they are right, they can be smug and indignant. If they are wrong, no one will notice. It just seems to be a odd development of human nature. I have also seen people personally upset around Fisker's previous vehicle attempt even though it did not affect them personally. They argue that tax payers "put 139 million into Fisker they never got back". They did not raise your taxes to do this. They allocated a TINY portion of federal taxes for this purpose. You were paying the same amount in taxes either way. People do not apply logic or are overly emotional about all sorts of things. Pay it no mind.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The general opinion about Fisker is that it's fraud.
The premise of this entire thread is flawed. Please detail the sample composition for a "general opinion". Is the sample derived from the US population or global? Is the sample demographically, attitudinally, and geographically balanced and representative? Rhetorical questions, as I'm quite sure none of the valid methodologies to reach a conclusion about the substance of a "general opinion" apply. This is all, at best, anecdotal, and more likely, biased reporting worthy of being ignored.

If anyone is worried about the reservation deposit, don't sign up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The premise of this entire thread is flawed. Please detail the sample composition for a "general opinion". Is the sample derived from the US population or global? Is the sample demographically, attitudinally, and geographically balanced and representative? Rhetorical questions, as I'm quite sure none of the valid methodologies to reach a conclusion about the substance of a "general opinion" apply. This is all, at best, anecdotal, and more likely, biased reporting worthy of being ignored.

If anyone is worried about the reservation deposit, don't sign up.
I’m worried about much more than a reservation deposit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2 cents: In watching (and occasionally participating) in the discussions on that site I have learned that the overwhelming majority of people on Electrek are simply anti-_ trolls. Fill in the blank with most anything (including Tesla). It is painfully obvious that they know nothing about any of this. They have never built a business, never brought a product to market, never run a business unit, never invested in a start-up, are not engineers, and most of them cannot afford the current lineup of EVs (as evidenced by the incessant whining about the Tesla/Hyundai/you-name-it prices.

If you put down a deposit on a Fisker, nbd it is a couple hundred bucks option fee on current pricing. If you own stock in Fisker, and bought at above $20, sorry. It sucks. It may get back there in a year or two. At $10 it is not a bad buy for a few thousand shares. I would bet that there will be an interesting consolidation among the survivors just as there was in the previous auto boom. Someone will eventually come in and roll-up the second tier EV start-ups into a multi-brand competitor just like GM did last century.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 2 cents: In watching (and occasionally participating) in the discussions on that site I have learned that the overwhelming majority of people on Electrek are simply anti-_ trolls. Fill in the blank with most anything (including Tesla). It is painfully obvious that they know nothing about any of this. They have never built a business, never brought a product to market, never run a business unit, never invested in a start-up, are not engineers, and most of them cannot afford the current lineup of EVs (as evidenced by the incessant whining about the Tesla/Hyundai/you-name-it prices.

If you put down a deposit on a Fisker, nbd it is a couple hundred bucks option fee on current pricing. If you own stock in Fisker, and bought at above $20, sorry. It sucks. It may get back there in a year or two. At $10 it is not a bad buy for a few thousand shares. I would bet that there will be an interesting consolidation among the survivors just as there was in the previous auto boom. Someone will eventually come in and roll-up the second tier EV start-ups into a multi-brand competitor just like GM did last century.
Yeah, I was banned by Fred from that site several times for fighting the Tesla cult. I finally decided not to come back under a different name and haven’t posted in about six months. The problem I see is that even the anti-Tesla-cult posters that post regularly there also deride Fisker as a fraudster. So, both Tesla cult and Anti-Tesla “trolls” are of an opinion that Fisker is a fraud. I don’t necessarily believe that, and I bought into Fisker much more than I should have, but I also see some warning signs that look like Trevor Milton’s Nikola.

I’m hoping Fisker is serious this time.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
Fisker does have a lot of baggage due to the previous company basically falling apart and getting bought by the Chinese. There were problems with the exhaust from the range extender having possibility of fire issues. There were problems with the battery supplier A123.

I remember when the Karma came out and sat in one back in 2013. I owned a Volt at the time. It was, in a way, a "Super Luxury" Volt Coupe - even nicer but weirder than the Cadillac ELR. Not being fully electric had a lot of EV purists upset at the time.

Car Building Vehicle Tire Wheel

(NCPEV Raleigh Meeting - March 2013 - Karma on the far left. My car was the blue Volt in the center.)

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
I was just reading comments on Autocar's page (an article about Ronin) which were similarly cynical. Maybe the naysayers need to feel smarter than people like us. As for me, I'm happy feeling excited by all of the activity. Maybe they'll change their tune (or more likely just be quiet) once the Ocean comes out.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
I bought a lot of shares in Fisker because the desing, their targets for the planet and most of it their business plan. The fact that they are in association with serious companies like Magna and Foxconn making billion $$$ each 3 months
increases my confidence in the success of the company.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
Why would anyone care or pay any attention either way? Have not the past many years demonstrated the high level of ignorance and insanity that exists among our population?
I full agree with you Sir, it is unbelievable how much idiots and liar there is in the population !!! Where is the respect, the goodness, the tolerance and pride??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts