Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
With some of the lock dates in September, I am hoping the news is that they are moving up SOP. I would hate for the lock dates to be two months prior to the car being built (which would put delivery at approx. 3½-4 months after the lock date for U.S. deliveries).

·
Registered
66 Posts
They seriously just need to lay out all the info now. What are they afraid of? No one is going to steal their idea with production starting in two months. If anything, it makes me feel suspicious that many things still aren't ready so close to production.
might be the "asset light " approach in that everything is last minute to levearage best price/latest stuff.

Disappointed a bit in that not even boot space is given. Seems a lot of secrecy on "plain" facts that others can provide. Cannot wait til i see October how true may of our ideas and expectations turn out to be.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tesla's Model Y just received the highest ever Euro NCAP safety score 3 days ago:

I'm hoping the news is that it only gets to hold on to that top spot for a little while 😆

·
Registered
371 Posts
With some of the lock dates in September, I am hoping the news is that they are moving up SOP. I would hate for the lock dates to be two months prior to the car being built (which would put delivery at approx. 3½-4 months after the lock date for U.S. deliveries).
Some of the lock dates are this coming Monday. They are all One buyers, so their money is in, and the options are straightforward. I think we will continue to wait until the new configurator to see all of the other options and pricing. If I was buying a One I would still want to see the FINAL interior trims in pictures.
Like is the sea salt stripe down the seats black or dark blue? That would be the biggest question from me, but I'm not buying a One.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
512 Posts
The news here will be (I predict) the official range and efficiency numbers for WLTP and EPA. You have to wait until you have an actual production spec version of the vehicle before you test and publish this data (rules are rules). There will be no surprises.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR | 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
607 Posts
Some of the lock dates are this coming Monday. They are all One buyers, so their money is in, and the options are straightforward. I think we will continue to wait until the new configurator to see all of the other options and pricing. If I was buying a One I would still want to see the FINAL interior trims in pictures.
Like is the sea salt stripe down the seats black or dark blue? That would be the biggest question from me, but I'm not buying a One.
The point I was making is that they have lock in date 9/12 but SOP 11/17. If the two months lock in stays consistent; someone who has a lock date of 11/14 would have a build date of mid January.

Reactions: KMBrown

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
I believe they will announce that all testing has been completed and final set up of the car is done.
If this is the case they will first build the cars for the road test of the different journalists and youtubers that in my opinion should take place in October, to follow.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If this is the case they will first build the cars for the road test of the different journalists and youtubers that in my opinion should take place in October, to follow.
As long as they don’t let youtuber “Tech Electric” anywhere near the car. The WORST of the so called review/preview channels. No research, they play the same 5 second videos on loops throughout their video and keep repeating everything over and over but just rephrasing it slightly. Beware if you see one of their videos listed in your preview queue. Its usually listed as “Insane!” or “Extreme” .

run, don’t walk away from it.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra, Ocean Pear and BMW I4. Patience is a virtue!
624 Posts
As long as they don’t let youtuber “Tech Electric” anywhere near the car. The WORST of the so called review/preview channels. No research, they play the same 5 second videos on loops throughout their video and keep repeating everything over and over but just rephrasing it slightly. Beware if you see one of their videos listed in your preview queue. Its usually listed as “Insane!” or “Extreme” .

I don't know them!. Agree with you that Fisker must carefully choose to whom the road tests should apply!

·
Registered
188 Posts

I think a lot of videos on youtube are literally created and edited by AI bots now. You can usually tell by the awkward editing and too perfect sounding narration.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Agree. Henrik is suppose to be in Graz sometime in Sept to see the first car coming off the production assembly line. So finalizing the setup now makes sense. Also, in his last factory tour about a month ago, there was a white and horizon gray model being assembled. Hopefully those are being built for journalist as well. Would love to see another color other than Big Sur and blue planet in the wild.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think a lot of videos on youtube are literally created and edited by AI bots now. You can usually tell by the awkward editing and too perfect sounding narration.
And these Tech Electric jokers plagiarized word for word a piece that Sean from Fiskerati did. The voice does sound too computer generated perfect. No one speaks with perfect enunciation anymore unless they teach speech in college… We try, but local
colloquialisms manage to always sneak in..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Haha I don't know that channel, but there are plenty of those YouTube bots just narrating over video. Not worth anyone's time. The good news is there ARE plenty of real YouTube reviewers and I hope to see as many as possible get their behinds inside the Ocean.

·
Registered
474 Posts
This is correct. It isn't AI but it is a very simple scripting program to create this "content". The reason they have to repeat the same footage is because no one is stupid enough to actually send them a vehicle to review.

·
Registered
106 Posts
They seriously just need to lay out all the info now. What are they afraid of? No one is going to steal their idea with production starting in two months. If anything, it makes me feel suspicious that many things still aren't ready so close to production.
I agree 100%

The news here will be (I predict) the official range and efficiency numbers for WLTP and EPA. You have to wait until you have an actual production spec version of the vehicle before you test and publish this data (rules are rules). There will be no surprises.
Definitely need to get the road tests done.

I don't know them!. Agree with you that Fisker must carefully choose to whom the road tests should apply!
Well, the review shouldn't be tainted. She should just reflect what Fisker stated about the vehicle, and the actual results of a physical drive test........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts