Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is Chinese market only, correct? Not coming to the US, that is.
Correct, only China. but it’s same skateboard platform and shares many parts. Different batteries, tech stack, motors though. The key thing for me is that they praised the overall quality of the build so much. The Fisker Ocean is an improved version of this car.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
706 Posts
Yeah I just find it really strange that they are reviewing it for an English-speaking crowd and it looks like the menus are in English as well.
You would be surprised to know that Chinese students learn English in elementary school and up. We had a Chinese exchange student a couple years ago and she spoke better than some native-born Americans.

Seriously, the Chinese car markers are going to slaughter the worldwide market over the next ten years. Competition is brutal right now in China. The leaders of the China market are already starting to enter Europe.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You would be surprised to know that Chinese students learn English in elementary school and up. We had a Chinese exchange student a couple years ago and she spoke better than some native-born Americans.
Not surprised at all. I was told the same thing about Japan and that speaking English is commonplace. The reality is almost no one is willing to engage an English speaker using English (I went there for 2 weeks and met 1 person) in Japan because they do not use it enough outside of school and/or not confident enough to speak it.
I promise you that 99.9% of native speaking Chinese have their smart phone set to Chinese. Was just odd to me that they even have English as an option unless they are planning to get into the UK...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts