Fisker Ocean Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
BMW I4 start at CDN$54,900 and are without heat seat, you have to select "essential pkg" at over $7000 to get it!!!
So I am ready to pay extra in option like $500 to get it with the steering wheel.
Hard for me to explain what goes on with Canadian pricing, but the US, the BMW i4 is base MSRP is $55,400 and the heated seat option is $950 (and also includes ambient lighting). I really need heated front seats in whatever vehicle I buy. Rear is not relevant for us.
Gear shift Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hard for me to explain what goes on with Canadian pricing, but the US, the BMW i4 is base MSRP is $55,400 and the heated seat option is $950 (and also includes ambient lighting). I really need heated front seats in whatever vehicle I buy. Rear is not relevant for us. View attachment 136
Good to know and I agree with you front seats and steering heating are not negociable. In Canada we only xan determine the version, color, wheels and interior, that's it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hard for me to explain what goes on with Canadian pricing, but the US, the BMW i4 is base MSRP is $55,400 and the heated seat option is $950 (and also includes ambient lighting). I really need heated front seats in whatever vehicle I buy. Rear is not relevant for us.
Same here. Heated front seats would be the minimum requirement. A heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, and a heated windshield/wiper landing area would be somewhat expected, since all of these are included in my wife's $36K CX-5. I get that this car is designed by as resident of California, by a company HQ'd in California, and offers a "California Mode" for al fresco driving, and as such, perhaps things like snow and freezing temperatures may not be as relevant....but seems like it would impact a good amount of sales for those in the upper half of the country. Heated seats are a pretty standard option these days on much cheaper cars, and not calling out pre-conditioning specifically (except for on the highest end models) makes me wonder if that also didn't make the cut.

There are other functional questions I have - with a bolted-down/non-hinged hood, how do you fill the windshield washer reservoir - but not having a cold-weather option on the Ultra will sadly mean I'd have to remove the Ocean from consideration. I can't justify a $20K jump in price for what are fairly standard options.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to agree there are a lot of features not in the Ultra that you have to upgrade to the Extreme. Even Lane Change Assist is not in the Ultra. One of the reasons I was attracted to the Ocean was that it was less expensive than a comparable Tesla Model Y. However, if I have to upgrade to get some basic features the Extreme $69,000 will be more than the performance Model Y is $64,000. Plus we are the early adopters of an unproven product so pricing should reflect the risk we are taking. Hopefully, they reconsider the features in the Ultra to be more inline with a $50,000 car.
Also, I read there is no frunk in effort to cut costs. the hood will be bolted down. If they need to reduce costs, have less color options (interior and exterior) which would lessen the number of configurations. This would reduce overhead, improve efficiency, and reduce defects. Hopefully they listen to what the market wants and needs and they get out of their “California centric” frame of mind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lane change assist is a bit of a frivolity. A heated seat is quite basic in this century and a non-negotiable requirement in many areas, just as is AC in others. And, yes, I'd easily give up "California Mode" for the seat heat.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 25,000+
160 Posts
Lane change assist is a bit of a frivolity. A heated seat is quite basic in this century and a non-negotiable requirement in many areas, just as is AC in others. And, yes, I'd easily give up "California Mode" for the seat heat.
@Sportstick, agree with the Lane Change Assist being a bit extraneous.
However, even California, esp. the Bay Area have the need for seat heaters.

"San Francisco County's coldest month is January when the
average temperature overnight is 46.4°F" Wikipedia

A more appropriate move would be for Fisker Inc to offer "Winter Mode" with heated seats heated & steering wheel, etc for Ultra and Sport buyers
How about a $5000 "Winter Mode" option and keep the California mode!

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Sportstick, agree with the Lane Change Assist being a bit extraneous.
However, even California, esp. the Bay Area have the need for seat heaters.

"San Francisco County's coldest month is January when the
average temperature overnight is 46.4°F" Wikipedia

A more appropriate move would be for Fisker Inc to offer "Winter Mode" with heated seats heated & steering wheel, etc for Ultra and Sport buyers
How about a $5000 "Winter Mode" option and keep the California mode!
Good idea to just take the Extreme front and rear and steering wheel heat, package and make optional on lower models, maybe $1,000-$2,000, still quite profitable for them. I'd literally have to walk away from the entire car for the sake of at least front heated seats on Ultra, which is probably the high volume model. I doubt we're alone among married couples.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 25,000+
160 Posts
@Sportstick,
........ take the Extreme front and rear and steering wheel heat, package and make optional on lower models, maybe $1,000-$2,000 ............I'd literally have to walk away from the entire car for the sake of at least front heated seats on Ultra, which is probably the high volume model.
It might may more sense for Fisker Inc to offer the complete "Winter Mode" from the Extreme and One models for $4,000-$5,000

WINTER MODE Option would include the following:
1) Heated Front & Rear Seats (5)
2)Heated Steering Wheel
3) Heated Outside Mirrors
4) Heated Washer Nozzles
5) Front Wipers operable in Freezing Temperatures
6) Remote Climate Control (Cabin Temperature & Defrost)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking closer at the pricing section of the press kit I saw this:

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

The key part being 'Pricing depends upon specifications and options chosen by you as you configure your actual vehicle'.

This leads me to believe that so far they have only laid out the standard features for each trim level. I can only imagine that they plan to offer some packages for the lower trim levels, they probably just haven't decided yet exactly what those will look like. I have faith that we'll be able to get the Sport and Ultra models with at least some of the features included in the Extreme (and One). The price gaps between each trim level leave plenty of room for them to offer feature packages, especially the $19k gap between Ultra and Extreme.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking closer at the pricing section of the press kit I saw this:

View attachment 141

The key part being 'Pricing depends upon specifications and options chosen by you as you configure your actual vehicle'.

This leads me to believe that so far they have only laid out the standard features for each trim level. I can only imagine that they plan to offer some packages for the lower trim levels, they probably just haven't decided yet exactly what those will look like. I have faith that we'll be able to get the Sport and Ultra models with at least some of the features included in the Extreme (and One). The price gaps between each trim level leave plenty of room for them to offer feature packages, especially the $19k gap between Ultra and Extreme.
Based on the configurations that we did they know wich model will be the most in demand, Ultra, so I am pretty sure that they already prepar the price list package and options to offer! They have to take in concideration what the competition is offering in order to get a bunch of sales because 23,000 is not enough.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts