Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read the Fisker announcement about taking pre-orders (as apposed to reservations) on the Fisker Ocean One starting July 1, 2022. Supposedly, Fisker Inc. will be contacting reservation holders about making a pre-order for the Fisker Ocean One. I assume they will require a much higher deposit, or perhaps, the full price upfront, since there will be only 500 5000 Fisker Ocean Ones produced.

What do you guys think of this announcement?

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
I've read the Fisker announcement about taking pre-orders (as apposed to reservations) on the Fisker Ocean One starting July 1, 2022. Supposedly, Fisker Inc. will be contacting reservation holders about making a pre-order for the Fisker Ocean One. I assume they will require a much higher deposit, or perhaps, the full price upfront, since there will be only 500 Fisker Ocean Ones produced.

What do you guys think of this announcement?
First of all it will be 5000 Ocean One to produce and I don't think they will ask full price but maybe another cash down.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No problemo, just to be sure that we was on the same page. I know that you are looking for Ultra like me so do you think that you could get it on your parking next summer 2023?
I'm considering Ocean One. We are in a unique situation that the inflation is so high (it's much higher than 8-9% that the government claims), that waiting for a cheaper model may not make as much sense as it did before our government (in the US) printed trillions of dollars and sparked a never-seen-in-two-generations inflation. So, whereas in the past, it would make sense to wait a year for a cheaper trim to save $19,000, it may not make as much sense this time, as it's very likely that the $49,999 price of the Ultra becomes $59,999 by the time it's released, so the difference between getting the One right off the bat vs waiting for a year for an Ultra may only be $9,000.

Ultra seems to tick all the boxes for me EXCEPT I don't think it has a 360-degree camera, which I am spoiled with in my current Kia Sorento. So, I'm entertaining the idea of going with the Ocean One - if I get approached by Fisker with an offer to pre-order one. I will probably trade in my Model Y for it, which only has 360 miles right now, so it should be an even trade - give or take.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No problemo, just to be sure that we was on the same page. I know that you are looking for Ultra like me so do you think that you could get it on your parking next summer 2023?
I see in your signature it says that you reserved Ocean Ultra.

I've just looked at my reservations (I have two), and my first one says Ocean One. I don't remember if I had a choice to select between One and Ultra or if One was the only option available when I was reserving. I made my first reservation on January 1, 2022.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fisher has pledged to hold prices at least through 2023. So the initial group of Ultras should remain at $50,000.

And the Ultra does have a 360 degree camera but 2D. Extreme and One are in 3D.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fisher has pledged to hold prices at least through 2023. So the initial group of Ultras should remain at $50,000.

Where do you see that about the camera? It was removed and shows up in one place, but not both.

I think we need to expect that things are going to be fluid and changing right up til the SOP.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Reserved Ocean Ultra
301 Posts
I'm considering Ocean One. We are in a unique situation that the inflation is so high (it's much higher than 8-9% that the government claims), that waiting for a cheaper model may not make as much sense as it did before our government (in the US) printed trillions of dollars and sparked a never-seen-in-two-generations inflation. So, whereas in the past, it would make sense to wait a year for a cheaper trim to save $19,000, it may not make as much sense this time, as it's very likely that the $49,999 price of the Ultra becomes $59,999 by the time it's released, so the difference between getting the One right off the bat vs waiting for a year for an Ultra may only be $9,000.

Ultra seems to tick all the boxes for me EXCEPT I don't think it has a 360-degree camera, which I am spoiled with in my current Kia Sorento. So, I'm entertaining the idea of going with the Ocean One - if I get approached by Fisker with an offer to pre-order one. I will probably trade in my Model Y for it, which only has 360 miles right now, so it should be an even trade - give or take.
I see what you mean but because I reserved last November and will be about 19-20K in the queue I should get it at the actual price as per Henrik (40K and less have price freeze). If Fisker is doing his price list in Canada in order to get both Federal and Provincial incentives for a total of $12K the difference between the One/Extreme could be over $30K so Ultra should be the best for me.
With the saving I will get a PEAR for my wife ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I don’t believe the prices will stay the same. Rivian and Lucid are raising prices by over $10,000. Tesla raised the price of the a model Y by $14,000 in one year. The most we could hope for is for the One to be sold at the price that was originally promised. If Ultra has to wait for a year, I don’t see how Fisker Inc can keep the same price with the the inflation approaching 20%. The 8-9% inflation is a lie.

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
I don’t believe the prices will stay the same. Rivian and Lucid are raising prices by over $10,000. Tesla raised the price of the a model Y by $14,000 in one year. The most we could hope for is for the One to be sold at the price that was originally promised. If Ultra has to wait for a year, I don’t see how Fisker Inc can keep the same price with the the inflation approaching 20%. The 8-9% inflation is a lie.
Fisker has been specifically stating that prices are not increasing for the current reserved cars sold in 2022-2023. Inflation is not 20%.Tesla is raising prices since they have a waiting list of 6-9 months or more and are not concerned with making affordable cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Fisker has been specifically stating that prices are not increasing for the current reserved cars sold in 2022-2023. Inflation is not 20%.Tesla is raising prices since they have a waiting list of 6-9 months or more and are not concerned with making affordable cars.
Did you look at the grocery store prices lately? Home prices? Construction materials? HVAC prices? Home renovation prices? Inflation is at least 20%.

Inflation is exactly when too much money is chasing too few products, as in the case with Tesla. But also as in the case with homes, steaks, HVAC systems, construction materials, bread, eggs, etc. Tesla isn’t running a charity and neither is Fisker. VW raised their prices twice in a year on the ID.4. Both Rivian and Licid raised their prices.

As for the reservations, Fisker is now talking about “pre-orders”, so it remains to be seen if the price gets locked after you pre-order or after you reserve. I think it’s the former.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well Fisker has mentioned thru 2023 the prices are locked in at the lower rate. But he can not say what prices will be for 2024 year. So I'm thinking for 2024 models their will be a price increase

·
Registered
Ocean One/Extreme, Referral ZOQ017
338 Posts
Coincidently, I've been pricing out HVAC for my new garage and the price has been the same for the past year. Home prices are due to construction shortages that go back to the 2008 financial meltdown. My grocery prices don't seem much different to me. I still get 18 count eggs for $1.50. Most inflation numbers are hitting all countries due to shortages that are global in scale. This is the last I'll be commenting on this, since it is fairly off topic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Coincidently, I've been pricing out HVAC for my new garage and the price has been the same for the past year. Home prices are due to construction shortages that go back to the 2008 financial meltdown. My grocery prices don't seem much different to me. I still get 18 count eggs for $1.50. Most inflation numbers are hitting all countries due to shortages that are global in scale. This is the last I'll be commenting on this, since it is fairly off topic.
That’s very peculiar. I’ve received a quote from six HVAC companies in the past month for Carrier, Lennox, RUUD, and Bosch systems. Every single one of them told me that the distributor price has gone up 6-8 times in the past year. The most recent price increase was May 1st.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Henrik had confirmed that prices are lock until 40k uns so now that reservations are to 45k these 5k over and other ones to come are at risk to increase.
Is it possible that the next 35,000 Oceans are going to be the Extreme trim, once they sell all 5,000 of the One trim? Why would Fisker (a for-profit corporation) leave money on the table, as the Extreme has a $19,000 premium over the Ultra trim and most likely $15,000 of that in pure profit?

40,000 Extremes could be swallowed by the market in one year with no issues, provided the current EV shortages.

I’m currently waiting for the delivery of the ID.4. It has been almost a year since I paid for the pre-order ($500). I still don’t know when the car will be delivered - most likely in September. That would be 15 months since I pre-ordered. A lot of people would pay a higher price for the top trim so as not to have to wait indefinitely.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts