Fisker Ocean Forum banner

Fisker Ocean Press Kit

11K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  SeaPhil4 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
My previous two cars before the Tesla had ventilated seats, I do really miss them. For a while I was looking at aftermarket options to add ventilated seats. Thankfully, the preconditioning will cool down the seats but they don't stay nice and cool. The AC seats was the biggest selling point to the R1S.

Reactions: Riptide
#3 · (Edited)
I agree with the ventilated seats.
There are 3 things I'd really like to have and is missing in the Ocean, and that's:
  • Ventilated seats (like Riptide mentioned)
  • HUD
  • Adaptive driving beam (Auto High Beam is really old tech)
These items should not be excluded in premium car like the Ocean Extreme. The ventilated seats and HUD you can get in a "cheap" electric vehicle like Hyundai Kona.
Magna already supply off-the-shelf adaptive driving beam tech that Fisker could easily include in the Ocean.

#5 ·
I agree with the ventilated seats.
There are 3 things I'd really like to have and is missing in the Ocean, and that's:
  • Ventilated seats (like Riptide mentioned)
  • HUD
  • Adaptive driving beam (Auto High Beam is really old tech)
These items should not be excluded in premium car like the Ocean Extreme. The ventilated seats and HUD you can get in a "cheap" electric vehicle like Hyundai Kona.
Magna already supply off-the-shelf adaptive driving beam tech that Fisker could easily include in the Ocean.
Auto high beams is standard, all trims.

#8 ·
I'm thinking @Aecasorg is speaking of digital matrix LED lighting. This is where the headlights can also sense light so they dim in parts where they may be shining at another car, and other fun tricks. Or maybe you are referring to the headlights that turn with a car around a bend. Somewhere on this forum we had this discussion already and on twitter Henrik said his headlights were a surprise and would be "even better" than matrix LED. It's suggested they have planned for the NHTSA to drop the ban on these new headlight technologies that the EU allows. Audi uses some of this stuff. Google matrix LED or Audi laser headlights.
Edit: NHTSA did remove the ban on Matrix LED lights in North America this year. I forgot!
Edit add : here is one thread that has some links about Matrix LED

#9 ·
Correct @Bernie It is the matrix/digital headlight tech that basically is a full beam all the time but just dims out the space where there are vehicles infront of you, everything else is lit up surrounding. It is excellent for when driving in the country side where you have the risk of animals running on to the road. The Polestar 2 apparently has one of the best on the market (subjective). Audi and Mercedes are also fantastic in this space.

#15 ·
The One/Extreme is basically the same price as the Model Y (cheaper if you take into account the Federal Credit) and the Y has none of those features, a "tiny" 15" center screen and no binnacle display. I am still confused about the Fisker "Limo Mode" - it says it has controls for the 2nd row passengers allowing to change temperature & fan speed. If it is dual zone; does the back row changing the temperature also change the temperature for one of the front zones? (There is definitely two zones in the front as you can see the controls underneath the center screen.)

Reactions: 371
#22 · (Edited)
@EVolution @TT97
wonderful review of the Fisker Ocean and it's Sea Salt interior
Bjorne summarized it best when he stated, "Everything is so nice!"

#37 ·
Does anyone know whether windows are acoustic laminated/double pane windows? There is no information about NVH. Hyundai Ioniq5 uses double pane acoustic windows for both front and rear. Believe Kia EV6 just for front, Tesla 3&Y recent models believe for both front and rear.

#51 ·
I was just speculating that perhaps the marketing folks just got this wrong and it is suppose to be late 2022. It is sitting all by its lonesome on the list and makes very little sense to me that they will be getting complex features like parking assist completed ahead of this one (!).

#53 ·
I think the wording for that description is misleading. Cars that have this feature are meant to use it mostly while driving. See reviews on how the Bolt EV works. The rearview monitor is a standalone device - which may make sense that it is delayed. The backup camera and surround view are one system - there is no delay mentioned for that.

#54 ·
It does seem very odd that a simple rear view camera will take a year to activate (and rear view cameras are now required by regulation in the U.S. so not sure they could even get homologation without it). Something is amiss. I guess I will just have to use the 360° view until the backup camera is available. 😁

#58 ·
The wording does seem odd.
Its like when you read a product description on amazon that is clearly from a Chinese seller but has translated the description into English. They feature the dumbest part of the product. I saw a 50’ stainless braided garden hose being described one time about the freshness of the water….

its actually kind of a fun way to kill time in airport waiting areas …

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.