Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bembli gives a well-thought out design analysis
comparing the Fisker Ocean to the Tesla Y

Enjoy the video comparison…..

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
746 Posts
Funny how a guy who owns a Tesla, who is well known for their iffy quality, is concerned about the Ocean. And I'm not sure that I agree with him about the Y having a more timeless design than the Ocean. The Ocean has a very clean design that I think will hold up well. Of course, I'm a bit biased. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Funny how a guy who owns a Tesla, who is well known for their iffy quality, is concerned about the Ocean. And I'm not sure that I agree with him about the Y having a more timeless design than the Ocean. The Ocean has a very clean design that I think will hold up well. Of course, I'm a bit biased. :)
Agreed, unless by ‘timeless’ he means ‘god-awful’ :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
510 Posts
I'd say that a range of 340 or 350 miles is better than 'just over 300 miles'.
Model Y is 330 miles of range on the AWD LR version and 303 on the performance version (mostly a tire issue I think).

·
Registered
510 Posts
He was talking about the Ocean when he said that it has a range of just over 300 miles.
Oh, sorry, I missed that. Yes I agree with you that 340-350 is hardly "just over 300."

Reactions: baydreamer

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
I'm hoping the Fisker numbers are close to EPA when they are finalized.

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
5 Posts
Model Y is 330 miles of range on the AWD LR version and 303 on the performance version (mostly a tire issue I think).
I have a lrY and it's 323miles but it never churches to that, only 320. The greater issue is, the range us crap. Out of the 320 I maybe get 200miles real life range. So I'm hoping the fisker actually gets close to the 350 it's touting. Tho I do love my tesla, the ocean looks badass af. I love the exterior styling, color options, interior styling and everything else about it and I'm psyched to trade my tesla in for it. Tho I'm trying to convince my wife to take my tesla and have her get rid of her volvo, be the sensical thing to do. My only pet peeve is I can't get orange on my one or matte paint and I can't get the freaking wheels that are advertised in every pic.

·
Registered
Referral Code ZOQ017
960 Posts
I have a lrY and it's 323miles but it never churches to that, only 320. The greater issue is, the range us crap. Out of the 320 I maybe get 200miles real life range. So I'm hoping the fisker actually gets close to the 350 it's touting. Tho I do love my tesla, the ocean looks badass af. I love the exterior styling, color options, interior styling and everything else about it and I'm psyched to trade my tesla in for it. Tho I'm trying to convince my wife to take my tesla and have her get rid of her volvo, be the sensical thing to do. My only pet peeve is I can't get orange on my one or matte paint and I can't get the freaking wheels that are advertised in every pic.
Are you driving 90+MPH? My Model 3 is rated for 310 miles and only did 307 miles on one trip going 55-60 MPH. Most of my trips are 240-280 miles going normal highway speeds (5-10+). I had one winter drive when I was going fast, it was cold and snowing that I got 220. It's all about the weather and the speed. True for most EVs. Though Tesla does use the more lenient EPA test standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you driving 90+MPH? My Model 3 is rated for 310 miles and only did 307 miles on one trip going 55-60 MPH. Most of my trips are 240-280 miles going normal highway speeds (5-10+). I had one winter drive when I was going fast, it was cold and snowing that I got 220. It's all about the weather and the speed. True for most EVs. Though Tesla does use the more lenient EPA test standard.
I live in Florida, so could be the heat. Avg speed highway between 75 and 85. But even in the city, I lose about 30% every trip, no speeding or anything but it is 90 everyday.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Crap! Just watched the video. That black ocean at the end looks really good. First time I have seen it in motion. Now I am rethinking my color choices again.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK ~60,000
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts