Fisker Ocean Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Tesla Model Y
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fisker announced on Thursday that has exceeded 40,000 initial reservations for the Fisker Ocean SUV. The company will open pre-order reservations for the limited-edition Fisker Ocean One on July 1, 2022, due to anticipated demand. Fisker does not expect to raise prices because of inflationary or commodity-cost pressures through 2023.

The company has indications that many reservation holders intend to purchase the Fisker Ocean One launch edition or Fisker Ocean Extreme models, both priced at $68,999 (depending on the incentives) in the US. As a result, Fisker will open pre-order reservations for purchase of the limited edition Fisker Ocean One SUV to current reservation holders on July 1, 2022.

The company will manufacture 5,000 limited edition Fisker Ocean One vehicles, commencing in November 2022. Given the elevated level of interest in the Fisker Ocean One and Fisker Ocean Extreme, Fisker believes it will potentially sell out capacity through most of 2023 with purchase orders of our premium models.

After the limited Fisker Ocean One production run concludes, Fisker will prioritize and manufacture all Fisker Ocean Extreme orders, with any additional capacity being then allocated to Fisker Ocean Ultra SUV and Fisker Ocean Sport SUV. Given the high degree of interest in the Fisker Ocean SUV premium models, it is likely that Fisker Ocean Sport production will not commence until late 2023, initially at modest volumes, with higher volumes expected in 2024.
In the event of reservation cancellations, some additional customers may be able to secure a build slot for a 2023 Fisker Ocean Extreme, depending on the order in which they place a reservation. Additionally, if Fisker can produce 50,000 or more vehicles in 2023, the company will explore logistics and supply-chain options to increase deliveries.

At this point in time, Fisker does not plan to raise prices for the Fisker Ocean in 2022 or 2023 but given the current rate of inflation and global market pressures in logistics and commodity costs, Fisker cannot guarantee pricing will remain static for vehicle orders received after the 40,000-reservation number or vehicles produced from 2024 onwards. It is customary for automakers to have yearly price increases, but as we start production in late 2022, our unique, asset-light business model should enable us to hold pricing steady through 2023.

On Tuesday, the company posted its Environmental Policy ahead of production, setting the standard for automotive OEMs. “We are publishing our Environmental Policy because transparency builds confidence in our mission and our products. It’s unusual for a new company to publicly commit to people and the planet, but this is fundamentally who we are at Fisker,” says CEO Henrik Fisker.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just read this article too. Wish there was more information about our spots so we could do a little preplanning ahead of July 1.

Does anyone know or remember when reservations started?

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
@Holt
Great news!
This means Fisker Inc has attracted around 7,000 new Reservations since
the Mobile World Congress exposition since March 3, 2022

Keep up this monthly rate increase (of 7,000) and Fisker Inc would reach 96, 000 Total Reservationsby Nov 30, 2022.
(April 1 -Nov 30, 2022) 8 months x 7,000 = 56,000 + 40,000 = 96,000

·
Super Moderator
Tesla Model Y
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Holt
Great news!
This means Fisker Inc has attracted around 7,000 new Reservations since
the Mobile World Congress exposition since March 3, 2022

Keep up this monthly rate increase (of 7,000) and Fisker Inc would reach 96, 000 Total Reservations
by Nov 30, 2022. (April 1 -Nov 30, 2022) 8 months x 7,000 = 56,000 + 40,000 = 96,000
Imagine what happens once people start seeing these on the road....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok, did some digging and found this chart...........Looks like I might have to start thinking hard about a ONE now since I'm in the first 500.
Slope Font Astronomical object Science Parallel

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok, did some digging and found this chart...........Looks like I might have to start thinking hard about a ONE now since I'm in the first 500. View attachment 471
So I placed my reservation back in 2020. 10/13 to be exact. According to the reservations chart, on paper, that would put me in the mid to high 7000 range in terms of my place in line. However Fisker didn't announce pricing until the end of 2021. At that time no one really knew the "One" would cost almost 70K. So when the pricing became official, I wondered how many reservation holders would back out of getting a "One' because of the price tag (and wait for the Ultra), thus moving up my place in line. However, now with the announcement of how projected trims will be delivered, I wonder how many of those looking to wait for the Ultra might rethink and make and effort to get their "One" when they get the call from Fisker in July. Initially, being in the high 7000's..almost 8K I figured I wouldn't be one of the first 5000; even with some cancellations. So I was heavily entertaining the Ultra. But with the Ultra likely not to be in reach until very late in 2023, I might entertain a "One" or an "Extreme" if somehow I get a call offering that chance. They both cost exactly the same so if I'm going to spend 70K then I'd prefer the "One". In any case, with all of this news coming down I really think it is more essential than ever that Fisker get those experience centers up and running now. It's already April. So only 3 months till pre-order decisions have to be made. That little pop-up store in Berlin was nice, but not enough. We really need the experience centers and I don't see any real movement to get these open. They keep saying they will arrive. Give us at least one. I'm willing to travel to L.A. Miami or NY. But at least give us one before 7/1!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I to once had an early Reservation think was back in 2019 when they opened because release was 2021 or 2022 which was when my lease on my previous car would be up. However, once they extended the release of Ocean I cancelled my reservation back then and I have a car only 1.5yrs old. So I can wait patiently for these things. Plus it will take about 5 or 6 years for the Tax credit to fully go away so I am in no rush to get one right away. I figure I have to let them get these vehicles out and get the bugs worked out. Because in about 2 or 3 years it will have the newer technology. As Fisker has mentioned these vehicles are on most advanced tech as of 2019 I think is what he mentioned. And he mentioned tech is normally changed in vehicles about every 5 years or so. Now I could be wrong but I might need to do a search to find the article.

Ocean Article on Fierce Electronics

The founder and CEO said Fisker can sell at relatively low prices because it is an “extremely lean” operation that offers later-generation technology than competitors. Many car companies make technology decisions and purchase components four years in advance of a car’s production, but Fisker said his company has been able to reduce that advance time to 2.5 years. As a result, the vehicles will have more of the latest technology than others on the road, he claimed.
“We do that by making super-fast decisions that normally take three to four months down to three or four days,” he said. “We have taken a whole new path of how to develop a vehicle.”

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I placed my reservation back in 2020. 10/13 to be exact. According to the reservations chart, on paper, that would put me in the mid to high 7000 range in terms of my place in line. However Fisker didn't announce pricing until the end of 2021. At that time no one really knew the "One" would cost almost 70K. So when the pricing became official, I wondered how many reservation holders would back out of getting a "One' because of the price tag (and wait for the Ultra), thus moving up my place in line. However, now with the announcement of how projected trims will be delivered, I wonder how many of those looking to wait for the Ultra might rethink and make and effort to get their "One" when they get the call from Fisker in July. Initially, being in the high 7000's..almost 8K I figured I wouldn't be one of the first 5000; even with some cancellations. So I was heavily entertaining the Ultra. But with the Ultra likely not to be in reach until very late in 2023, I might entertain a "One" or an "Extreme" if somehow I get a call offering that chance. They both cost exactly the same so if I'm going to spend 70K then I'd prefer the "One". In any case, with all of this news coming down I really think it is more essential than ever that Fisker get those experience centers up and running now. It's already April. So only 3 months till pre-order decisions have to be made. That little pop-up store in Berlin was nice, but not enough. We really need the experience centers and I don't see any real movement to get these open. They keep saying they will arrive. Give us at least one. I'm willing to travel to L.A. Miami or NY. But at least give us one before 7/1!
I hear ya on the experience centers. I watched a lot of vids tonight with the wife on different EVs we're thinking about and I'm torn honestly. I'm looking at going EV to save money on gas. Now more than ever. I ended the month with $540 just to go to work and back. I'm easily in the group to be able to get a One, but I'm having mixed feelings on having to spend $70000 when there are several other options coming that are going to be as good or maybe better for less money. I would really like to have a chance to see an Ocean in person before I commit as well. Nobody knows what is going to happen with production, but if I decide to wait for an Ultra there are going to be a lot more options out there when these probably start down the assembly line. I don't think it will, but what will most people do if they get told that delivery is $5000? I truly want FISKER to succeed this time as based on some renderings they have some other interesting ideas, but this market is about to be completely flooded in the next year.

·
Registered
Referral Code: 8Z0AXK 45,600+
716 Posts
Just to reiterate Henrik Fisker’s tweet….
Fisker Inc.
“We are so proud to announce that we have surpassed 40,000 reservations of the #FiskerOcean making #FiskerHistory! We can’t wait for you to have your very own #FiskerOcean parked in your garage.“

someone thought it was a combo of Oceans & Pears but NO it’s just water!

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 Referral M37TH5
497 Posts
Just to reiterate Henrik Fisker’s tweet….
Fisker Inc.
“We are so proud to announce that we have surpassed 40,000 reservations of the #FiskerOcean making #FiskerHistory! We can’t wait for you to have your very own #FiskerOcean parked in your garage.“

someone thought it was a combo of Oceans & Pears but NO it’s just water!
Right. I also checked, and what I read specifically said Ocean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts